Page 25 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935751255251025 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Well, I went on an Omnibus buying spree yesterday, in order to take advantage of that 15% discount from the Polish comic web store www.multiversum.pl

This is what I ended up buying (prices incl. delivery):

Secret Wars Omnibus Ross Cover (~$73)
    Secret Wars II Omnibus (~$73)
    Acts of Vengeance Omnibus Davis Cover (~$73)
    Acts of Vengeance Crossovers Omnibus Davis Cover (~$58) – yes, I know this is cheaper in the US, but it worked out at around the same price that I could purchase it from the amazon.co.uk marketplace.
    Dark Avengers OHC (~$29)
    Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus (~$58) – this I already have but I purchased a second copy in order to flip at some point (they still have copies) as it is now basically OOP, and the prices are increasing on amazon sites.

The shop has new extended the 15% discount deadline to 10 May 2014 for anyone who spends above PLN 999 (~$325).

The majority of the Omnibuses that I purchased have now increased in price probably due to the fact that they are down to the last copies. I also noticed that the Incredible Hulk Omnibus which I was hoping would decrease in price disappeared before I put in my order.
    Yesterday I checked the site but it is in polish. Could you check please whether they ship to other countries or not? Thanks!

Well, I went on an Omnibus buying spree yesterday, in order to take advantage of that 15% discount from the Polish comic web store www.multiversum.pl

This is what I ended up buying (prices incl. delivery):

Secret Wars Omnibus Ross Cover (~$73)
    Secret Wars II Omnibus (~$73)
    Acts of Vengeance Omnibus Davis Cover (~$73)
    Acts of Vengeance Crossovers Omnibus Davis Cover (~$58) – yes, I know this is cheaper in the US, but it worked out at around the same price that I could purchase it from the amazon.co.uk marketplace.
    Dark Avengers OHC (~$29)
    Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus (~$58) – this I already have but I purchased a second copy in order to flip at some point (they still have copies) as it is now basically OOP, and the prices are increasing on amazon sites.

The shop has new extended the 15% discount deadline to 10 May 2014 for anyone who spends above PLN 999 (~$325).

The majority of the Omnibuses that I purchased have now increased in price probably due to the fact that they are down to the last copies. I also noticed that the Incredible Hulk Omnibus which I was hoping would decrease in price disappeared before I put in my order.
    Wow! With the exception of Untold Tales of Spider-Man, I'd say you massively overpaid for everyone of those books! I've passed on all those books when I've seen them at half the prices you paid for them. I see your from Poland, but $73 each for Secret Wars I and II and Acts of Vengeance?!? Sometimes you just got to know when to say, "Pass!"
    Last edited by DrGregatron; 05-06-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Been on a bit of an Omnibus binge lately.

Spider-Man by Roger Stern - Amazing; as good as I hoped it would be. Loved the 2-part arcs, loved the Bronze Age charm, loved the Romita art. One of my favorite books.

Iron Man by Kurt Busiek - Better than his Avengers, and yet nobody seems to talk about this run! It was fantastically modern in certain areas, while maintaining that old-school streak Busiek is known for. The 90's get dumped on (rightly so), but the Heroes Return stuff was pretty excellent.

X-Force - The 90's get dumped on, and this is why. Nicieza does his best with the dialogue, but there is only so much you can do when the plot only has room for tough guy talk. I don't hate Liefeld (I actually love some of his covers; X-Force 3 was always one of my favorites), but the lack of nearly any backgrounds, terrible inking, and even worse coloring make for one ugly looking book.
    I know what you mean. In the last week I've received the Infinity Companion, Iron Man by Kurt Busiek, Justice League of America Vol 1 (just posted pics in the DC thread) and should receive my copy of Uncanny X-Men Vol 2 in the next couple of days. Expensive times.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Yesterday I checked the site but it is in polish. Could you check please whether they ship to other countries or not? Thanks!

Unfortunately, it seems they only ship within Poland. I'll email them just in case to inquire.

As a reminder, for those interested, I’ve listed below the complete estimated comic book sales figures for March 2014 (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond).

In addition to the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s that made the list (position, title, estimated sales), I've now also included the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Ultimate lines as per the new Thread title.

• 29. X-Men Days of Future Past HC - 2,542
    • 52. Oz HC Emerald City of Oz - 1,775
    • 56. Uncanny X-Force By Rick Remender Omnibus HC - 1,691
    • 61. Wolverine Japans Most Wanted HC - 1,624
    • 90. Daredevil By Bendis & Maleev Vol. 1 Ultimate Collection - 1,311
    • 102. Astonishing X-Men Whedon Cassaday Vol. 2 Ultimate Collection - 1,195
    • 103. Astonishing X-Men Whedon Cassaday Vol. 1 Ultimate Collection - 1,186
    • 108. Spider-Man By Roger Stern Omnibus HC - 1,135
    • 121. Marvel Masterworks Captain America HC Vol. 7 - 1,091
    • 134. Daredevil By Bendis & Maleev Vol. 3 Ultimate Collection - 1,010
    • 141. Daredevil By Bendis & Maleev Vol. 2 Ultimate Collection - 962
    • 160. Iron Man Epic Collection War Games - 867
    • 162. Daredevil By Brubaker and Lark Vol. 1 Ultimate Collection - 864
    • 178. Avengers: Absolute Vision Book 2 - 805
    • 198. Young Avengers Ultimate Collection - 704
    • 220. Muppets Omnibus HC - 658
    • 296. Spider-Man Big Time Vol. 1 Ultimate Collection - 495

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Finished Brubaker's Daredevil run on the commute home from work...

HOLY CRAP

That man knows how to deliver a gut punch, and then make you realize it didn't even hurt that much compared to the next one.

Lark's art is unceasingly compelling. Brubaker's deliberate dissection of everything good in Murdock's life is made all the more engrossing by his floating so many chances for redemption, each untaken. The Wilson Fisk prologue issue in Spain is one of the best comic books I've read in my life.

That is some brilliant, brilliant stuff right there - right up there with his Cap run. Brubaker was always towards the bottom of the list of Marvel Architects for me, but I might have to pick up some of his creator-owned stuff now.

What was the last collected run that made you say, "HOLY CRAP!"?
    I don't know how you had Brubaker at the bottom of the list but I'm glad you are correcting it. His creator owned may be even stronger than his big two work. You should endevour to check out Gotham Central, which he did with Michael Lark and Sleeper which are both DC books but fantastic.

As for Holy Crap, that's what I love about comics. Hickman in particular delivers them in spades. Secret Warriors Omnibus, nearly every final page for the first 8 or so issues. Also his Fantastic Four run contains several **** yeah moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin
    Unfortunately, it seems they only ship within Poland. I'll email them just in case to inquire.
    I got a reply that they do occasionally ship outside of Poland. I'll send you a PM with some details.

Not sure if this effects anyone, but the first two "volume 1" MMW reprints they're doing are on Amazon - F4 and Incredible Hulk. Hardcovers, and only preorder priced at $37.57 which is pretty cheap for a MMW HC.

I know that most folks are waiting for Dr. Strange vol. 1, but I wanted to share for those interested in the other titles.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Wow! With the exception of Untold Tales of Spider-Man, I'd say you massively overpaid for everyone of those books! I've passed on all those books when I've seen them at half the prices you paid for them. I see your from Poland, but $73 each for Secret Wars I and II and Acts of Vengeance?!? Sometimes you just got to know when to say, "Pass!"
    You do understand how much us non-US buyers have to pay for comic collections right?. Please bear in mind that what is a rip-off to you is a bargain to us.

I can safely say that I don't think you'd ever buy another Marvel book again if you had to pay the prices we do for them.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    You do understand how much us non-US buyers have to pay for comic collections right?. Please bear in mind that what is a rip-off to you is a bargain to us.

I can safely say that I don't think you'd ever buy another Marvel book again if you had to pay the prices we do for them.
    He'll never buy a Marvel book again anyway because they print on half-ply toilet paper.

We do get hammered on the prices dude. I would love to get the US prices.

Sadly, that's the truth. Just checked and SWI omni is at least $80, and that's a used copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Not sure if this effects anyone, but the first two "volume 1" MMW reprints they're doing are on Amazon - F4 and Incredible Hulk. Hardcovers, and only preorder priced at $37.57 which is pretty cheap for a MMW HC.

I know that most folks are waiting for Dr. Strange vol. 1, but I wanted to share for those interested in the other titles.
    Weren't the volume 1 reprints solicited at a $49.99 price point? If so, you will likely be able to get them cheaper on their release dates.

What are your guys opinions on the Powers series by Bendis and Oeming? I really want to collect the Definitive collection, but I heard unfortunate things about the gutter loss and lack of sewn binding. I'd still very much consider buying them anyway, but I'm also curious about the possibility of an Omnibus in the future? Any feedback?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    So where else can you get OOP omnibuses in Europe apart from amazon marketplace and ebay?
    I recently got Secret Wars for the UK cover price of £75, which is still a hefty 125 USD, and thought I was doing pretty well.
    I'd be interested to know where you can find Secret Wars II for 72 USD (that is, if you feel you can share...).
    Cheap-Comics have always been good for me, especially on OOP omnibuses. They're based in the Netherlands and charge €15 for shipping, but if you're ordering omnibuses then that's relatively small compared to the overall cost. For example, I got Iron Fist from them a while back for €75.

They still have the first Secret Wars omnibus for €49.50 plus postage: http://www.cheap-comics.com/secret-w...4mukss4tjmncg4

And the second one for €75: http://www.cheap-comics.com/secret-w...us-p-5657.html

They provide an excellent service - packages usually arrive in the UK just two or three days after despatch, very well packed.

Other than that, abebooks and alibris have turned up some good bargains for me. I just got the Simonson Thor omnibus for £60 from a US seller on there the other day, which isn't bad given the current second-hand prices.