Page 336 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436836 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by samoth View Post
    Hey, can you tell us what's the cost of an international shipping with IST?

Thanks ;-)
    I don't know if this will help you. My previous orders from IST with cheapest international shipping option to South Africa:

Books + Shipping/Shipping only charges:

$126.21/$33.46

$107.17/$33.46

$297.53/$81.36

I also have to pay customs at the Post Office ($9-$25, depending on weight). On big orders, I still manage to save about $80. Not too shabby.

I came here to ask: I've got Ultimate X-Men - Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 (Millar/Johns) on my next cart. Since I like the authors, I'll get it anyway, but I still want to know you people's opinions about it. I haven't cared much for the X-Men side of Marvel's Ultimate Universe from the beginning, but I absolutely adored what they did with the Avengers. Will this be a good read?
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Yeah Jim Starlin's Thanos OGN was beyond terrible.
    I disagree. Posted plenty of reasons here a few weeks back, but there are Amazon reviews for that one that explain it pretty well any way. It's classic Starlin in my and most Starlin fanatics' opinions from the reviews I've seen so far. It's absolutely not for a cosmic newbie though, that's for sure.

And even if you don't like he story, I don't see how anybody could knock the art which is just gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    I disagree. Posted plenty of reasons here a few weeks back, but there are Amazon reviews for that one that explain it pretty well any way. It's classic Starlin in my and most Starlin fanatics' opinions from the reviews I've seen so far. It's absolutely not for a cosmic newbie though, that's for sure.

And even if you don't like he story, I don't see how anybody could knock the art which is just gorgeous.
    It must be selling well. It's been #1 or 2 on IST's top sellers list for weeks. I'm so tempted to get it based on your post from awhile back. I don't know if I'm exactly a Starlin fanatic, but he's one of my favorites. Saw a panel he did at a Pittsburgh con a few years ago, and he was great. Really funny and honest.

None of recent the OGNs have hit it out of the park. There all just okay.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    What do you guys think of the Oz omnibus that's just out? Any recommendations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Agreed! I wanna see pics. I have it on order.
    Saw this at my LCS and looked pretty good. I think I will go ahead and pick this up, but would still like to see pics and/or recommendations from those who own this already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    It must be selling well. It's been #1 or 2 on IST's top sellers list for weeks. I'm so tempted to get it based on your post from awhile back. I don't know if I'm exactly a Starlin fanatic, but he's one of my favorites. Saw a panel he did at a Pittsburgh con a few years ago, and he was great. Really funny and honest.
    The book is very polarizing, and honestly I can see why. It is not exactly straight forward and repeated readings reveal more layers like an onion. I still notice something new every time I read it and I've been through it at least 5 times now. If you read it as a straight forward comic book you're guaranteed to be disappointed because the entire point of it is hidden between words. I'd post specifics and examples, but I don't want to upset anybody by posting spoilers so generalities will have to do for now. There are plenty of excellent reviews and analyses floating around outside of this thread though

Is the new Thanos OGN that bad? I was looking forward to Annihilators vs Thanos...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    IST is getting on my nerves. I placed an order over two weeks ago and it hasn't even shipped yet. All of the books were fairly new releases too so stock shouldn't be delaying it. I wonder if the move has anything to do with it.
    Yeah, i'm going on my 3rd week as well, but i've been ordering from them for over two years and this is twice as long as it's ever taken. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one with the move and all, though i wish they wouldn't have posted that the delay would only be 3 to 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    The book is very polarizing, and honestly I can see why. It is not exactly straight forward and repeated readings reveal more layers like an onion. I still notice something new every time I read it and I've been through it at least 5 times now. If you read it as a straight forward comic book you're guaranteed to be disappointed because the entire point of it is hidden between words. I'd post specifics and examples, but I don't want to upset anybody by posting spoilers so generalities will have to do for now. There are plenty of excellent reviews and analyses floating around outside of this thread though
    I think the only problem with the books was expectations. Really enjoying the book and un-layering it requires a lot of knowledge about Thanos and Adam. I would guess that most people, myself included, were thinking it would be more of a Thanos Quest type story. It's not a bad book at all, it just requires a Marvel Cosmic degree from Professor Starlin to really get much out of it.

A heads up that TOW and IST are sold out of the Annihilation Omnibus. CGN'scurrent price is at $100.

Amazon and B&N still have them but for how long is big question.

If you are planning or thinking of getting this title. Do it sooner rather than later before it sails off into OOP land.

Amazing Member Prince Disarming's Avatar

If I were to only get one Marvel Omnibus which one is the most essential?

Impossible question.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Disarming View Post
    Marvel NOW, or you know the 75th one that's coming out.

The Marvel NOW part is a joke.
    Last edited by gearsofcrabs; 09-03-2014 at 07:42 PM.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Disarming View Post
    I'd take Infinity Gauntlet, but it's entirely personal preference and depends on characters, writers, eras that fit your needs.

Silver Age

Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four
    Lee/Ditko Amazing Spider-Man
    Lee/Kirby Thor
    Lee/Kirby/Heck Avengers

Bronze Age

Byrne's Fantastic Four
    Michelinie's Iron Man
    Claremont/Byrne Uncanny X-Men
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Miller's Daredevil

post-Bronze

Hickman's Fantastic Four
    Annihilation
    Waid's Daredevil doesn't have an omnibus (yet?), but the three OHCs can be had for little more than what an omnibus would cost.

I haven't read all these, so it's a combination of stuff I like and stuff that seems to be popular.
    Last edited by mars; 09-03-2014 at 07:53 PM.