Page 345 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445845 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 17378
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    The catalogue isn't full, there's still 8 books to be revealed. I don't believe Star Wars will be the only Epic for April, but the other one most likely won't be Daredevil, but whichever one should come after Spider-Man (Avengers?).

What I'm really hoping for is Complete PAD's X-Factor vol. 3. If it doesn't show in this one, it will mean vol. 2 won't have a follow-up for almost a year.
    Since there are twelve Epic lines I would say it's reasonable to assume Star Wars is the only Epic for April. Twelve lines, twelve months, neat and tidy.

The Daredevil book I'm referring to is Vol 1, which should be in this months solicits and should be in the Hachette for early January. If there are eight books left (how do you know, btw?) I can guarantee it would be one of them.

So, has anyone gotten their copy of the new Dark Tower Omnibus yet? Care to comment or post some pictures? I'm pretty excited about this book but I won't be getting my copy until the end of this month so I'm counting on you, lucky Americans. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by raskoks View Post
    Hi guys, which OHCs you can recommend to buy after New Avangers by Bendis series? I'd like to go forward with this franchise.
    Well, if you have all the Bendis stuff, then you can step back and grab the Busiek OHCs, (vol. 2 is kind of expensive) or wait on the vol. 1 omnibus which comes out next year. Looking ahead, Marvel is collecting Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers in OHC and Remender's Uncanny Avengers in an omnibus.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I posted a few days ago about an issue I'm having with Amazon UK's ability to provide me with a good copy of Uncanny X-Force.

Mine arrived today from Amazon and the dust jacket is also like that.
    Luckly it wasn't damaged, even if it was put together with another omnibus and one OHC, just thrown in a box...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    If there are eight books left (how do you know, btw?) I can guarantee it would be one of them.
    The index says 135 books, when you go to the catalogue, there's only 127 entries so far. They didn't add all of them yet (and half don't have content details). Now there's only seven left, because one of them has been revealed as Skull The Slayer collection.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    The index says 135 books, when you go to the catalogue, there's only 127 entries so far. They didn't add all of them yet (and half don't have content details). Now there's only seven left, because one of them has been revealed as Skull The Slayer collection.
    Glad to see at least one of us is paying attention. Good find.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    Just a heads up. It says that it ships in 1-2 weeks which means it might be OOS. I have had my copy on order since August 29 and it hasn't shipped yet. Granted it hasn't been 2 weeks yet, but considering this book is OOP it has me worried a bit.
    Just got my shipping notice.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Anyone have a list of the volumes Boxtree (a sub-division of Pan Macmillian, who released UK editions of US graphic novels before Panini handled them in the 00s) released in the 90s? I've found a few of them at car boots, charity shops, second hand shops etc. in the past, but I can't seem to find a definitive list anywhere. The volumes I know of are X-Men Adventures (based on the 90s cartoon), Rogue, Sabretooth, Generation X and I think I read that there were a few volumes of Claremont/Lee's run on Uncanny X-Men collected too.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Anyone have a list of the volumes Boxtree (a sub-division of Pan Macmillian, who released UK editions of US graphic novels before Panini handled them in the 00s) released in the 90s? I've found a few of them at car boots, charity shops, second hand shops etc. in the past, but I can't seem to find a definitive list anywhere. The volumes I know of are X-Men Adventures (based on the 90s cartoon), Rogue, Sabretooth, Generation X and I think I read that there were a few volumes of Claremont/Lee's run on Uncanny X-Men collected too.
    There is a collection of X related What Ifs called 'Alterniverse Visions'
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by No_Problem View Post
    Mine arrived today from Amazon and the dust jacket is also like that.
    Luckly it wasn't damaged, even if it was put together with another omnibus and one OHC, just thrown in a box...
    Amazon have given me a full refund and allowed me to keep the item as a gesture of good will.

Can anyone post the details about how to 're train' a dust jacket....I dont want to compound the large dent by causing dust jack damage as well!

Also, all the new stuff is up for pre-order at Amazon.co.uk - just put in for Busiek Avengers, Remender's Uncanny Avengers, and Fraction's Hawkeye and Fantastic Four. Plus taking a chance on the Hickman Avengers OHCs just in case they don't omni them.

Was gonna do the same for Superior SM.....but that just screams eventual omni to me.....
    Last edited by legion_quest; 09-05-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Seeing as there's plenty of my fellow Europeans (I'm in Ireland ) here talking about shipping and where to buy from I'll throw in my few cents. I keep an eye on IST, Book depository and Amazon.co.uk. Generally I go with Amazon.co.uk -shipping is free on orders over 25 stg or approx 31 euro. I generally buy form the discounted marketplace sellers and it's approx 4.02stg to Ireland postage per item.
    So taking some current Epics for example on IST - Iron Man (WG), Daredevil (FFG), Cap (SOS) and FF (ITTS) would cost me $92.76 and $28.25 postage = $121.01 so that's approx €93.30. With Amazon that order would cost STG£53.34 +P&P of STG£16.08 that totals £69.42 or in euro --€90.96.
    With Book depository the lot is €99.16 incl shipping that is free.
    So Amazon is the winner by three euro. But I suppose IST's track record of better shipped boxes makes them an attractive bet. BUT with Epics (in this instance) I don't see the need for that much protection. In this case any savings are important which would make me choose Amazon.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I hope this is the case. So glad I got these for that price, going by what you guys say.

I'll get rid of my vol 1 and 2 omni's now. Just waiting vol 16 MMW arriving.
    If you're looking to get rid of both volumes, I'd be really interested. Missed out on vol. 2 before it went OOP after dithering over it too long.

Quote Originally Posted by GetEveryone View Post
    If you're looking to get rid of both volumes, I'd be really interested. Missed out on vol. 2 before it went OOP after dithering over it too long.
    Where do you live?

Amazing Member

Starting to look into Marvel (I was reading almost exclusively DH, Image and independent publishers before), so here is the latest haul

thanks for the tips of X-Force and Annihilation omni being in danger of going OOP, so I grabbed those

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    There is a collection of X related What Ifs called 'Alterniverse Visions'
    This actually sounds like a very cool book. Thanks!