Page 401 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 17378
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    The order of the Daredevil omnibi currently available are:

Frank Miller Daredevil
    Frank Miller Daredevil Companion
    [Elektra omnibus, if you count that]
    Looooooong gap, in which would fit hypothetical Nocenti/John Romita Jr. omnibi if they ever do those, plus Chichester and plenty of other writers
    Bendis Daredevil 1 & 2; followed immediately by
    Brubaker Daredevil 1 & 2

As for the X-Men, of the three you mentioned, AoA was a self-contained event released in 1995. New X-Men is chronologically next, occurring around... 2001 or so, at a guess? I remember being in college when the single issues came out, so right around then. Astonishing X-Men followed right after New X-Men and sometimes gets labeled a "spiritual successor" to NXM, though it really isn't -- Whedon has a lot of admiration for Morrison's run, but AXM has very little to do with its themes, restores the spandex costumes, drastically different art style, etc. Basically it's just (two-thirds of) the main characters who carry over.
    I just want too add onto this that there are a couple OHC that fit into this too, Daredevil: End of Days is a sort of a out of contiunity Follow-up by Bendis to his run that sort of works as as Daredevil: The End story. Also coming a little after Brubaker's Run ~18 issue and a event between them is Mark Waid's run on Daredevil that is still ongoing sort of, it had 36 issues and then was relaunched earlier this year. The first 36 issues are collected in 3 OHCs called Daredevil by Mark Waid Volume 1-3.

EDIT: Frank Miller was 79-86, Bendis was 01-06, Brubaker was 06-09 and Waid is 11-present

Halfway through Miller's DD and it's freaking awesome. I really want to read the Bendis and Brubaker run's, but cans see spending $150+ per omni. I think I will get the ultimate collections for both runs.

So Brubaker and Bendis both have only two volumes each right?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Yeah, the second volume for both is easier to find at a lower price. I really want them, but I think I'd rather get Simonson's Thor or some of Brubaker's Cap omnis first.

Spectacular Member

Correct! 2 Omnis each I believe there is also a Kevin Smith OHC that comes before Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    Yeah, the second volume for both is easier to find at a lower price. I really want them, but I think I'd rather get Simonson's Thor or some of Brubaker's Cap omnis first.
    Haha I just got those all this week. I think I'm gonna have to wait until next year to get into daredevil.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rock View Post
    Correct! 2 Omnis each I believe there is also a Kevin Smith OHC that comes before Bendis.
    Is the comic writer the fat movie making Kevin Smith and the same guy who wrote green arrow?

Spectacular Member

Is the comic writer the fat movie making Kevin Smith and the same guy who wrote green arrow?
    Yea that Kevin Smith.

I've got a great website you should take a look at some time, Legion - www.google.com

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I've got a great website you should take a look at some time, Legion - www.google.com
    Don't be a jerk.

This is a better website Legion by forum member Krisis. http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting...raphic-novels/

Haha I just got those all this week. I think I'm gonna have to wait until next year to get into daredevil.
    Yeah I saw your haul, kuddos. I'm trying to save up for titles at the end of the year/start of next year. Already planning on future new release purchases. Haven't had too much luck with getting good deals on oop omnis. Did happend to nab a still seasled AoA omni for 70 bucks at Wondercon this year though.

Yea that Kevin Smith.
    Guardian Devil, damn good DD story.

Fantastic Member

Don't be a jerk.

This is a better website Legion by forum member Krisis. http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting...raphic-novels/
    I think Orion was making a joke, not being a jerk. (It can be a fine line.) However the Crushing Krisis site is really worth a look, thanks Jon Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Yeah I did both. But here you can get opinions also so I like it better.

Incredible Member

How was Daredevil: Father by Joe Quesada? I remember reading a few issues back in the day and enjoying it, but what's it's reputation?