Page 42 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652921425421042 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not. But if it is, I wish the powers that be would do a quicker job of getting the Avengers Essentials collections out.
    Epic killed the Avengers (essentials).

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    YESSSSSSS! IN OHC! With enough pages to fill the gaps in UXM, New Mutants, and X-Factor! Let the circle be unbroken!

Contents could possibly be:
    - Uncanny X-Men #215-219 (Fall of the Mutants falls here) 228-234, & Annual 11
    - New Mutants #62-70 & Annual 4
    - X-Factor #12-17 (Fall of the Mutants falls here) 27-32, & Annual 2.
    - Outside chance it includes one or more of X-Men vs. Avengers, vs. Fantastic Four, or vs. Mephisto, but they're all available elsewhere and the X-Men OHCs have not typically included outside minis to date.

At 22 pages an issue and 40 an annual (checked in the UXM Index), that's 886 pages vs. the listed 824, so I'm about three issues over in my estimate. It's a bummer, but I'd suspect the victims are the earlier set of X-Factor issues. They'd easily later fit into an X-Factor OHC of #1-17, which only overlaps Mutant Massacre by a pair of issues (and could just skip them).

Without those we're at 754, which feels low for the amount of extra material from that era, but who knows - they could be including a brief MCP story or similar.

The creators are listed as Louise Simonson, Chris Claremont, Tom DeFalco, Mark Gruenwald, Walter Simonson, Steve Lightle, Terry Shoemaker, Rick Leonardi, and Illustrated By: Rick Leonardi, Steve Lightle, Terry Shoemaker, Walter Simonson.

Lightle proves that the directly pre-Inferno X-Factor issues are in. There are a few one-off artists in the earlier X-Factor run who aren't listed, one of whom is Silvestri who is DEFINITELY in this collection otherwise via UXM, so I wouldn't get too obsessed with that. Yet. Also, Blevins from New Mutants is not listed.

It's funny, I was trawling the Hachette site all day yesterday and none of these were posted. I must have missed them by just a few hours.
    All I want is Uncanny #232-234. The rest are awesome, but as long as it has the three Brood issues, I'm a happy man. That's the only post-Mutant Massacre story I'd call a favorite that hasn't been in any of the OHCs made so far.

Also, I love how much of classic X-Factor has been collected at this point without ever having it's own OHC or omnibus.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Excited For this. Managed to get all 3 of the omni's for around $140 on ebay, and The Death of Captain America one was signed by Mike Perkins!
    When was this?

Just started reading Uncanny Xforce, I had forgotten how amazing the colouring/art was in this book. Really enjoying it, I actually haven't read any Marvel in a little while since I re-read Brubaker Cap Omnis after the WS movie. Speaking of which...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Lookit guys! Captain America by Brubaker fourth Omnibus!

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9780785192725/

Also, having never read a Captain America issue outside of one in a Hulk trade (I think), is now the time to jump onboard with this? Is it like a never-read-Daredevil-but-Miller-and-Bendis-are-awesome situation?

I really enjoyed the latest movie, if it helps.

WAHOO! Patience pays off, my 3 Omnis were a treat but having the whole run (don't really need v6 imo) in Omnibus is fantastic. I think that nearly everything Brubaker has put out that was acclaimed is now in oversized form, at least from Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I am super happy for all who've been yearning to complete the sequence of their Bru-Cap Omnibus line! Having finally read the run, I can agree it was deliriously good and I am now kicking myself for not snapping up the three earlier omnis when they were crazy cheap. Oh, well - live and learn!
    This is possibly the only Omnibus I've been actively seeking from Marvel apart from Hickmans FF/Uncanny Xforce its great that they are finishing the run. Now I have to find something else to ask for, since they seem to listen lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultlife2013 View Post
    When was this?
    Sometime last year. Couldn't give ya an exact date lol. Death of, was OOP, Lives was getting blow out prices I believe and The first one just went OOP I do believe but there was still some going for around cover at the time.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

This just popped up on the Hachette fish, but we knew it was coming:

Marvel 75th Anniversary Omnibus

By:*Marvel Comics
    ISBN:*9780785191988
    Publisher:*MarvelImprint:*Marvel
    On Sale:*Nov. 18, 2014
    Format:*HARDCOVER BOOK
    Edition:*N/A
    Price:*$99.99 ($112.99 In Canada)
    Category:*COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELS
    Pages:*1,000

BANNED

So I guess that leaves August totally unaccounted for...maybe the second Hickman FF?

On another note, are there any opinions regarding the John Carter omnibus...never read an issue back in the day, but I liked the movie and it piqued my curiosity about the omnibus.

Anyone ever ordered anything from bookoutlet2USA on the amazon marketplace? I just ordered an Used-Good As New Copy (No Highlighting) of Spider-Man: The Graphic Novels OHC for £7.17 + £2.80 UK delivery. They still have copies available.

For anyone interested, there's a Captain America Brubaker Omnibus going for $64.99 (excl. shipping) from Cloud-9-Books on the amazon.com marketplace.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...n=new&sr=&qid=

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Herc View Post
    So I guess that leaves August totally unaccounted for...maybe the second Hickman FF?

On another note, are there any opinions regarding the John Carter omnibus...never read an issue back in the day, but I liked the movie and it piqued my curiosity about the omnibus.
    August isn't unaccounted for. We knew everything that was coming in August in February. It's the Marvels Platinum edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Epic killed the Avengers (essentials).
    Ahh okay, did not know that.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Herc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    August isn't unaccounted for. We knew everything that was coming in August in February. It's the Marvels Platinum edition.
    We're also getting the Yellow, Blue and Gray OHC by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale in August.

I think but I'm not sure but collections for GotG and runaways come in august. The only thing the month is missing is an omnibus.

Edit: yeah I just looked. Both collections are august. Two series I'd rather have in omnibus tho...
    Last edited by Canucked; 05-12-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

So with the Brubaker omnibus announcement does that mean we aren't getting a Cap SA vol 2 omnibus anytime soon?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    So with the Brubaker omnibus announcement does that mean we aren't getting a Cap SA vol 2 omnibus anytime soon?
    At this point, there does not appear to be a direct correlation between any two Omnibuses releases on the schedule.

We used to consistently see 3 Omnibuses (or, very large OHCs) centered around the theatrical release of each Marvel movie, with one trailing far enough that it coincided with DVD release.

That does not seem to be the strategy anymore, so it's hard to say if there is any remaining "rule" about when we get omnibuses related to other ones. Last fall we got two new FF Omnibuses and two reprints within a single quarter while FF had nothing happening other than casting speculation - no movie, TV show, comic relaunch, or anything!

So - nope, the Brubaker omni announcement doesn't really mean anything. Personally, I assumed the announcement of the Brubaker Winter Solider OHC was the death knell for the Brubaker omnis, but I was wrong!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!