Page 435 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535935 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 17378

I think a large part of splitting up "ages" also come down to personal eras. For instance, Morrison's New X-Men and Brubakers X-Men are part of what most would consider the modern age. But for me, X-Men is split in pre-House Of M, and post-House of M, and I can't group them together. Or Claremont/Post-Claremont. As a 90's teen reader, there's three different ways I group that time. Early 90's Marvel, when I first started reading comics, the Image era right in the middle, and then my college years when I became more writer focused and flashy art no longer impressed me. All one age to most, but personally, it was like my own Golden/Silver/Modern Age. It's impossible to group Infinity Gauntlet, Youngblood, and Preacher all into one group.

Keeping on topic, I read the Deadpool Minibus. Lot of fun. The first three minis are all one story. Deadpool Vs Deadpool was probably my favorite. This book is a perfect example of the silly, irreverent Deadpool that's popular with the mainstream, non-comic fans. Extremely violent, if that matters. Good art and colors that work well oversized. If I had to compare it to movies, I'd say entertaining, mindless summer blockbuster based on a clever idea.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Gotg complete collection is available again for anyone wanting it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...qid=1412712233

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Can anyone give me some info on the up comic wolverine epic ? What are the stories like that are included. Never read any early wolvie and would like to get another epic title besides spidey but none of the others really interest me.
    COLLECTING: WOLVERINE (1988) 1-16, MATERIAL FROM MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) 1-10, MARVEL AGE ANNUAL 4 (WOLVERINE EPIC COLLECTION VOL. 1)

So Wolverine Classic v1-3 plus Marvel Comics Present Wolverine v1 (all out of print) in one place, really.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Bleeding Cool have listed the following we've not heard complete details of before:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston
    A certain upcoming movie makes sure we get Ultron Unbound, collecting Avengers West Coast #89-91, Annual 8 and Vision #1-4.

And we also get an Marvel’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron Prelude collecting Marvel’s The Avengers Cinematic Adaptation #1-2, Avengers: Cinematic Infinite Comic #1, Avengers (1963) #57-58, Avengers (1998) #22 and Avengers #12.1.

Skull the Slayer comes in April, collecting Skull The Slayer #1-8, Marvel Two-In-One #35-36 by Marv Wolfman, Steve Englehart, Bill Mantlo, Steve Gan, Sal Buscema and Ernie Chan.

More interest in Deadpool sees all his early guest appearances in ther comic books collected together as Deadpool Classic Companion, containing Nomad (1992) 4; Secret Defenders 15-17; Wolverine (1988) 88, 154-155; X-Force (1991) 47, 56; Heroes For Hire (1997) 10-11; Material From Avengers (1963) 366; Silver Sable & The Wild Pack 23, 30; Wolverine Annual ’95, ’99; Contest Of Champions II 2; Marvel Comics Presents (2007) 10; Breaking Into Comics The Marvel Way 2.

And there’s more! The Ones With Deadpool collects the more recent Deadpool Bi-Annual 1, Death of Wolverine: Deadpool & Captain America 1 and Deadpool Annual 1-2

The Carnage and Hoboblin Axis mini-series in which they become the good guys, get a combined collection as Axis: Carnage & Hobgoblin.

The Super Villains Unite: The Complete Super Villain Team-Up collects in one volume Giant-Size Super-Villain Team-Up #1-2; Super-Villain Team-Up #1-14, 16-17; Avengers #154-156; Champions #16 by Roy Thomas, Tony Isabella, Jim Shooter, Bill Mantlo, John Buscema, Mike Sekowsky, George Evans, Sal Buscema.

Spectacular Member

Anyone know why Super-Villain Team-Up would be missing #15?

I was freaking out last week that all my omnibi were warping, and I checked today and they all went back to normal. Just some temporary thing I guess. 0-o
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Both Lee/Kirby and Byrne Fantastic Four are much better than Hickman's. If you didn't find them interesting, then I can't imagine spending the time and money to read Hickman's run which built itself on FF history.
    I couldn't agree more. I like Hickman's run and think it's the third best FF run by a mile. But that said, Lee/Kirby and Byrne are leagues and leagues and leagues above him. Their runs had more actual content and creation, while Hickman basically just dabbled in set pieces, poses, and making the characters play musical chairs or whatever. It was still pretty good, but it baffles me how people without a deep understanding of FF history can understand much less like it so much. Clearly, however, there are people who never read much FF before who really do enjoy Hickman's run. So, it happens, but from my perspective as someone with a long history of FF reading, it just doesn't make sense to me. It almost seems like a catch-22. If you have a long history of FF reading, then you will not be totally in love with Hickman's FF run... even though Hickman's FF run is written so as to play on a lot of FF history. I guess maybe people without a lengthy FF catalog in their library could possibly be prone to giving Hickman too much credit simply BECAUSE they sense that he's referencing a lot of history that they don't know much about, so they think his run is deeper and more profound than it is. I know all of that probably sounds very crass and judgmental, and I don't mean it to offend people -- if someone disagrees, fine -- but I think on some level it's probably true. For what it's worth I think Hickman's been Marvel's best writer overall for the past five years. But it just baffles me that people would compare his FF run favorably to Byrne's.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    The art on Michelinie's run puts it squarely in the 90s Image-era of Marvel IMO. I've never seen MJ look so unattractive
    I couldn't agree less! McFarlane's MJ was a highlight. It's not comparable to Rob Liefeld drawing some nameless Youngblood bimbo with boobs bigger than her head. Nor is McFarlane comparable to some nameless Image artist from 1994 or whatever, thrown on a disposable title with guns and blood all over the cover. The guy wasn't the most technically proficient artist or storyteller ever, but he had skills and brought a lot of excitement to Marvel, pre-1990 even. I think this stuff is just plain fun.

Amazing Spider-Man 303-04.jpgAmazing Spiderman 298-03.jpgAmazing Spider-Man 303-08.jpg

I know you didn't mention McFarlane by name. I also think the other artists on Michelinie's run, sometimes taking cues from McFarlane, did a fine job with MJ.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    So if I understand all the above correctly, post-TOCA Omni there will still be Captain America v6 #11-19 + Captain America & Bucky #620-628, plus the Winter Soldier series all by Brubaker left un-Omni'd. Correct?
    Basically.

There's also Secret Avengers which has Steve Rogers. Brubaker wrote #1-12 of that series. That could potentially be used as padding in a Brubaker Omnibus.

If Marvel wanted to give us nice Omnibus or Oversized hardcover collections, they could do:

Secret Avengers Vol. 1 by Ed Brubaker, Nick Spencer and Warren Ellis
    Collecting: Secret Avengers #1-12, 12.1, 13-21; Fear Itself: Black Widow #1
    (23 issues)

Secret Avengers Vol. 2 by Rick Remender
    Collecting: Secret Avengers #21.1, 22–37
    (17 issues)

Secret Avengers Vol. 3 by Nick Spencer
    Collecting: Secret Avengers, Vol. 2 #1-16, material from Marvel Now! Point One
    (16 issues)

Secret Avengers Vol. 4 by Ales Kot
    Collecting: Secret Avengers, Vol. 3 #1-12, Original Sin: Secret Avengers Infinite Comic #1-2
    (12+ issues - still ongoing)

Personally I don't think it makes much sense to put the Winter Soldier solo series or Secret Avengers into a fifth Captain America by Brubaker Omnibus. Those should really be in their own collections.

If Marvel needs to pad out a fifth Captain America by Brubaker Omnibus, I would hope they just stick all of the "Captain America & ..." issues into it. So the remaining nine from Vol. 6 plus 22 issues of "Captain America & ..." would make for a 31 issue Omnibus, with 18 of those 31 issues being written by or with Brubaker (about 58%). That would be the best complement to the 34 issue Trial of Captain America Omnibus, in my opinion. Winter Soldier really deserves its own Omnibus/OHC with the Latour issues (repeating myself for the millionth time).

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rock View Post
    Anyone know why Super-Villain Team-Up would be missing #15?
    It's a reprint of Amazing Adventures #4-5.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I was freaking out last week that all my omnibi were warping, and I checked today and they all went back to normal. Just some temporary thing I guess. 0-o
    When you get past all of the processing paper is still wood. Wood reacts to changes in humidity and temperature in odd ways and is surprisingly resiliant.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I personally have these ages in my head:
    Golden age=40s and 50s
    Silver age=60s
    Bronze age=70s till 1985
    "Copper age" 1986 till 2000
    Modern age= till present

I use these in my head because I can link comics more easily with these ages. When I read a comic I can almost immediately tell you if it's from before 1985 or after, or from the 60s or the 70s.
    Not bad, but let me tweak it slightly for you:

Bronze age=70s till 1985
    "Copper age" 1986 till 1991
    CRAPPER age: 1992-1999

Modern age= 2000 till present

They really could have combined more of Captain America into fewer omnibi. I don't get how Marvel can make such big omnibi and also make tiny ones like Death of Captain America.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    They really could have combined more of Captain America into fewer omnibi. I don't get how Marvel can make such big omnibi and also make tiny ones like Death of Captain America.
    I think in that case they were going for a graphic novel approach.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I think in that case they were going for a graphic novel approach.
    The DOCA complete collection TP actually contains more issues than the Omni. LOL

I'm just working through brubaker's cap work now and I'm loving it.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.