Page 460 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560960 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering why they didn't just go up to #102. Does Kirby leave in the middle of a storyline?
    yep, I believe #102-104 is a Namor story.

Why Is such a surprise a 3rd volume? Most people who bought 1 and 2 will buy the 3rd so that’s a public already made, is marvel not supposed to like milking the cow?
    Last edited by ricardoramos; 10-21-2014 at 01:47 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    No more predictions, anything may happen. Women of Marvel vol. 2 & The Crossing Companion are on their way!
    Please not... there are so many omniboo I'd rather have.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    yep, I believe #102-104 is a Namor story
    Ok, that makes sense for not including #102, but I'd still have liked at least #101.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    But I agree, this leaves the Infinity OHC kinda wonky with the double dips...
    That's not really the biggest issue though. The New Avengers Infinity issues all by themselves devoid of the larger context literally will make no sense. Anyone who's read Infinity knows that Avengers, New Avengers, and Infinity were pretty much one book at that point, all bleeding into each other. Printing ONLY the New Avengers issues will cause massive confusion, and that's on top of the obnoxious double-dip. It's just stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Please not... there are so many omniboo I'd rather have.
    I agree, sorry for joking around...Marvel's collecting department could have such an easy job just by looking on this forum :-)
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    That's not really the biggest issue though. The New Avengers Infinity issues all by themselves devoid of the larger context literally will make no sense. Anyone who's read Infinity knows that Avengers, New Avengers, and Infinity were pretty much one book at that point, all bleeding into each other. Printing ONLY the New Avengers issues will cause massive confusion, and that's on top of the obnoxious double-dip. It's just stupid...
    Totally agree. Just as the Battle of the Atom issues from All-New and Uncanny were left out of the PHCs (b/c they were collected in the OHC), they should have done something similar here. Don't understand how they can't have any consistency in this department.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    If they are indeed putting ALL the issues in OHC, then for Avengers, 14 and 15 will not be orphaned, but will be in OHC vol. 2.
    But I agree, this leaves the Infinity OHC kinda wonky with the double dips...
    Great point. It makes more sense to add those issues to a volume 2. Vol 2 could easily contain those 2 prelude issues and then the Infinity issues. Problem with an event like this is you can't put out a collection that pleases everyone. People will complain if a volume 2 skipped the Infinity issues or if a vol 2 made people double dip and contained all of them.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it but based off of the NA HC, I'm assuming Avengers vol 2 will include the Infinity issues.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    But no one is just buying the NA book. Anyone buying that will also have the Infinity and Avengers books so I don't see the problem. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    But no one is just buying the NA book. Anyone buying that will also have the Infinity and Avengers books so I don't see the problem. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.
    I would consider buying just the NA book, I've read the first volume of both the Avengers and New Avengers, and thought the Avengers was boring and dumb, but really liked NA.

Amazing Member

Still no new Daredevil Epic Collection. Gutted.

J.D

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I got a pretty penny about a year or so ago for my Ultimates omnibus and it had a screwed up spine. The pages were altogether but it was certainly bent. I even had very, very detailed pictures on ebay and described it to a "t" so no one would think I was trying to screw them. I actually bought it that way a year or so prior to selling it, and then decided it bothered me so much I'd get the two OHCs. I think I paid around $80 for it and got about $110. I only say this in case you're interested in selling and want to seek out upgraded conditions.
    I don't ever intend to sell it because it's a story I truly love.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Paying $81 for 5 trades seems ridiculous, though, when the omnibus was available for less than $70 just a few years ago.
    Not as ridiculous as paying $120 for the omnibus when it was available for less than $70 just a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Why Is such a surprise a 3rd volume? Most people who bought 1 and 2 will buy the 3rd so that’s a public already made, is marvel not supposed to like milking the cow?
    It's a surprise because Tom Brevoort had said that there was no ASM Vol 3 because Vol 3s are a harder sell and are a bigger risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Balltic05 View Post
    Still no new Daredevil Epic Collection. Gutted.

J.D
    Well yeah, it would have been in the Hatchette if it was coming. If a new Daredevil volume is coming then it would come next summer/fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rock View Post
    I would consider buying just the NA book, I've read the first volume of both the Avengers and New Avengers, and thought the Avengers was boring and dumb, but really liked NA.
    I had just the opposite thought, thinking about buying just the Avengers book. Found the NA lineup to be unexciting and dull, plus I have little interest in buying what is essentially an Illuminati book.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Great point. It makes more sense to add those issues to a volume 2. Vol 2 could easily contain those 2 prelude issues and then the Infinity issues. Problem with an event like this is you can't put out a collection that pleases everyone. People will complain if a volume 2 skipped the Infinity issues or if a vol 2 made people double dip and contained all of them.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it but based off of the NA HC, I'm assuming Avengers vol 2 will include the Infinity issues.
    I'll probably skip vol. 2, place the Infinty OHC after vol. 1 and before a potential vol. 3. If I miss an issue or two, that's okay with me. As a New52 trade-waiter i've had to make several of these type of decisions, such as how much double dipping is acceptable and which configuration works best for you.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    About the Avengers OHC's: I hope we will get a tpb with just Infinity, that would solve the problems.
    I would like a hardcover of infinity, in the same format as the Marvel Now HC's. As it stands now I have the bagged/boarded infinity floppies shelved between the Avengers/New Avengers HC's. It just doesn't look right. I hate double dipping unless its something I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    It's a surprise because Tom Brevoort had said that there was no ASM Vol 3 because Vol 3s are a harder sell and are a bigger risk.
    Correct me if i’m wrong but the only omnibus with a 3rd volume was Tomb of Dracula and Mr Marvel guys, guess what.. it’s OOP!