Page 48 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258981485481048 ... LastLast

Well, the new Cap by Bru Omni, Young Avengers, 75th Anniversary and FF by Hickman Vol. 2 have just appeared on Amazon with some really awesome 5% discounts...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    Don't forget Bru's Winter Soldier series. Add those in and I think you've got a decent sized omnibus. Anyone want to add up what the page count on that would be?
    I don't think the Winter Soldier series is as crucial. And they're putting out an Ultimate Collection of it soon anyway. But adding that to the back half of the 2011 volume and Cap & Bucky would make for kind of a strange mix. They might as well name that: Captain America by Ed Brubaker: Here's What's Left Omnibus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Young Avengers omnibus for 300ish pages?! Who in their right mind would call that an omnibus? That's like Marvel releasing the first three trades of Invincible Iron Man and calling it a---oh wait.
    Marvel didn't call those two Invincible Iron Man books Omnibuses. Amazon mistakenly did and it stuck in the minds of the public.

On the Hickman page count, what is the issue? Isn't this expected (and it completes his run?) Or have I misunderstood?

That young avengers though, that is just an OHC...

Is Cable & Deadpool Marvel's largest omnibus? I feel like only DC has gone over 50 issues.

Young Avengers doesn't bother me too much. Small for the omnibus title. But $50 for 16 issues seems in line with the pricing of the new OHCs.

Hickman FF Vol. 2 at $125 is a nasty move, though. It's like someone at Marvel said "Hey, we have everyone who bought Vol. 1 by the balls, so let's just increase the price for Vol. 2." This sets a bad precedent for future 2 volume stories.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Well, the new Cap by Bru Omni, Young Avengers, 75th Anniversary and FF by Hickman Vol. 2 have just appeared on Amazon with some really awesome 5% discounts...
    Damn, there goes the big preorder discounts on them. Hope that dispute gets cleared up shortly.

I'm so disappointed with these solicits. I'm happy that so many others are happy but for me there is only one buy from that lot, Thor God Of Thunder OHC

Where on earth is superior Spidey Vol 3 OHC. Damn. I hope marvel does not just decide to release an omnibus now and not finish up the series as OHC.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Couldn't get the PDF link to work earlier on the ipad, works fine on the PC now.
    It does work on ipad, it just takes forever (like minutes) to load lengthy pdf files for some reason.

Plenty on there for me, I was getting the Inferno book until I realised it was a double dip, for the sake of my sanity I don't double dip even for a single issue, though it means I end up with some annoying breaks in a lot of runs. Also I'm not interested in the next Cap Omni, I've perfectly fine with the three I've got.

Omnibus wise I'll be picking up Infinity Gauntlet, Dark Tower (extortionate pricing aside), Fantastic Four Volume 2 (also extortionate) and Cable & Deadpool. I'm trying to skip standard ohc so I don't think I'll bite on any of those but there's plenty of trades I want from the Abnett Guardians to the new Wolverine epic.

Wolverine Epic looks interesting, and I'm so glad theyre finally reprinting the Marvel Comics Presents stuff... but yeah I would much rather a Wolverine Omnibus volume 2.
    Thor God of Thunder OHC happened - so I'm really glad I waited.
    ANXM OHC happened - kinda sad I hadn't waited. v5 is still solicited in PHC, if they move it to trades I will chuck a sad.
    FF by Hickman v2 is a giant ripoff, same with Young Avengers and Inferno Prologue. I will still probably purchase those first 2.
    Deadpool is becoming the new Wolverine, he's getting OHC's left right and centre, though storyline quality isn't exactly top notch...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Thats how all Amazon products begin.

ALL-NEW X-MEN VOL. 1 OHC sill only covers #1-#10 instead of #1 to #15 ?

i'll pass!

The rest is all good news! I think a New Mutants Omni 1 is more than justified!
    Also loved the X-MEN: THE ADVENTURES OF CYCLOPS & PHOENIX TPB content! Great intro for Cable (X-force movie on the way I guess?)

Finally Thor GoT OHC!
    The YA "omnibus" is a bit dissapointing. If I will have the money I'm gonna try it but I wasn't impressed by the first 2 issues (I think i couldn't even finish #2 and I'm generaly not that impressed by Gillen's writing, but maybe this time in a nice format...). I would be more happy with a Heinberg YA omnibus but I guess the Gillen run is the hot stuff now.
    Also, I really don't care about Cable or Deadpool (my girlfriend loves DP but she can't read these huge omnis) if it were a New Mutants omni, I would be really excited. I hope at least we'l get a New Mutants Epic collection (I just don't want to buy the 140-160 pages long tpbs).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Of the new batch, I will be aiming for:

Trial of Captain America Omnibus – I’m sure this will be a big seller, similar to UXM Vol. 2 Omnibus, as both were highly anticipated.
    Fantastic Four Hickman Vol. 2 Omnibus - As mentioned by several of you, they’ve very craftily jacked up the price, knowing that FF Hickman Vol. 1 owners “can’t wait” to get their hands on Vol. 2. Well I can wait, and I will do so until the price falls to a reasonable level, either in the blowout sales or on the amazon.co.uk marketplace.
    Marvel 75th Anniversary Omnibus – This all depends on the ingredients.
    Original Sin OHC – I’ll wait for the price to fall pretty low, as the majority of “event” OHCs do.
    Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus – already preordered
    Oz Omnibus – Will wait for a decent price drop.
    Marvels Companion TPB – Possibly, but I would much prefer an OHC and can’t see why it won’t be released as such.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Young Avengers doesn't bother me too much. Small for the omnibus title. But $50 for 16 issues seems in line with the pricing of the new OHCs.

Hickman FF Vol. 2 at $125 is a nasty move, though. It's like someone at Marvel said "Hey, we have everyone who bought Vol. 1 by the balls, so let's just increase the price for Vol. 2." This sets a bad precedent for future 2 volume stories.
    Ha! Ha! Makes me glad I didn't buy vol 1 after they jacked the price from $75 to $100 and then used cheap, see-through pages in it.