Page 5 of 1159 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast

Go, Collected Editions thread, go!

What are the odd we will see an Onslaught Omnibus soon? Over the last few years they've released everything leading up to it, and soon Road to Onslaught 2 will come out. It's the era of comics I didn't read because I was "too cool" in high school. With the Jim Lee omnibuses, X-Cutioner, Fatal Attractions, phalanx, and AoA all having the OHC/Omnibus treatment, wouldn't Onslaught be the next step or do I misremember?

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    What are the odd we will see an Onslaught Omnibus soon? Over the last few years they've released everything leading up to it, and soon Road to Onslaught 2 will come out. It's the era of comics I didn't read because I was "too cool" in high school. With the Jim Lee omnibuses, X-Cutioner, Fatal Attractions, phalanx, and AoA all having the OHC/Omnibus treatment, wouldn't Onslaught be the next step or do I misremember?
    Marvel seems committed to pumping out oversized X-Men stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if it popped up soon.

Ah, new thread! This must be the right thread to complain about the price of $40 TPBs, since it says neither Omnibus nor OHC in the thread title! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Ah, new thread! This must be the right thread to complain about the price of $40 TPBs, since it says neither Omnibus nor OHC in the thread title! ;-)
    Oh hey I knew who posted this without the benefit of even looking at your username, even with the new icon

Now where were we before we were so rudely interrupted earlier today?
    I think we were talking about paper quality.

Yes, your whining is now on-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    BAM! 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Oh, yes! Or the lack thereof in the UXM Omnibus vol 2. :-(

With the old forum heading for the garbage bin, what will future generations of omnibus buyers do to get real, honest opinions of omnibus quality? We had literally tens of thousands of posts in those old threads. A wealth of knowledge to be sure! How will future generations know the timeline of how the omnibus line went to hell? It was all documented in those old threads! What if some poor ignorant fool runs across an Avengers The Crossing Omnibus on Ebay and wonders if its any good? It was all documented there.

Freeman

Nice to see the thread back. Hope someone remakes DC one soon!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I thought it was whether or not epics were on topic?

Oh, yes! Or the lack thereof in the UXM Omnibus vol 2. :-(

With the old forum heading for the garbage bin, what will future generations of omnibus buyers do to get real, honest opinions of omnibus quality? We had literally tens of thousands of posts in those old threads. A wealth of knowledge to be sure! How will future generations know the timeline of how the omnibus line went to hell? It was all documented in those old threads! What if some poor ignorant fool runs across an Avengers The Crossing Omnibus on Ebay and wonders if its any good? It was all documented there.
    The first sewn omni was Iron Man Vol 1, the first omni with thin paper is the New X-Men reprint, the first omni with the paper cover was X-Force Vol 1. If anyone else has any questions or concerns they can ask them and get a response quicker than they would sorting through the thousands of posts in the old thread.

Excellent! But with two collected editions threads, I'm going to have keep two separate windows open. That means have to I'll try and mix it up a bit by whining in one thread on one day and complaining in the other thread the other day. This could get confusing, so don't be surprised if the next omnibus I buy doesn't make me both whine and complain in both threads.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Excellent! But with two collected editions threads, I'm going to have keep two separate windows open. That means have to I'll try and mix it up a bit by whining in one thread on one day and complaining in the other thread the other day. This could get confusing, so don't be surprised if the next omnibus I buy doesn't make me both whine and complain in both threads.
    Don't two negatives make a positive?

Maybe the whining and complaining will negate each other and your posts will end up gushing with praise?!?!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel seems committed to pumping out oversized X-Men stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if it popped up soon.
    Hello. I've been a reader of this forum for awhile, but this is the first time posting. I have been thinking the same thing with regards to onslaught. I'm trying to catch up on the OHCs involving 90s xmen as that's when I got into comics and noticed there was no OHC onslaught collection yet.

Also, I agree with keeping the collected editions thread. As one other poster mentioned, it's sad not seeing "omnibus" in the title, but ultimately this is a better fit than having two threads.