Page 501 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 4014514914974984995005015025035045055115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 17378
    Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I ordered Original Sin on amazon when it was listed at 35. I feel like that its a bit much and am tempted to cancel. 75 is robbery. Does it come with the digital issues?
    Not at all! Highway robbery

Amazing Member

I ordered Original Sin on amazon when it was listed at 35. I feel like that its a bit much and am tempted to cancel. 75 is robbery. Does it come with the digital issues?
    I cancelled my Amazon pre-order at $35, based on a few of the reviews of the event and the build quality. It is cheap for the pre-order price and perhaps you will be able to sell it for $150 (can't sell it easily in Asia). For me though it becomes about quality over quantity, that $35 could be put somewhere else...... Although if i could get it for about $15 that changes

Quote Originally Posted by Joyus View Post
    I cancelled my Amazon pre-order at $35, based on a few of the reviews of the event and the build quality. It is cheap for the pre-order price and perhaps you will be able to sell it for $150 (can't sell it easily in Asia). For me though it becomes about quality over quantity, that $35 could be put somewhere else...... Although if i could get it for about $15 that changes
    I'm with you. After I saw those pictures - it looked like it had been through a war after one read - I said, forget it. I'd probably get it for $15, but that's it.
    That said, the book - even when it does eventually sell out - isn't going to get anywhere near $100 or $150 in a couple of years on Ebay. There are just some books that such so bad that when they're gone, it's more "good riddance" rather than "I have to have it."
    That's going to be one of them.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Default Month and a half Haul

Here are the books that I picked up from marvel in the month of October. Took advantage of IST special sales they have going on for Marvel/DC/DarkHorse/IDW. Special thanks to poster TomSlick for helping me acquire the Electra Assasain book. Will mostly likely read this book after i finish reading the trades for She-Hulk and Ms.Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    Here are the books that I picked up from marvel in the month of October. Took advantage of IST special sales they have going on for Marvel/DC/DarkHorse/IDW. Special thanks to poster TomSlick for helping me acquire the Electra Assasain book. Will mostly likely read this book after i finish reading the trades for She-Hulk and Ms.Marvel.
    Hey, you're welcome. Glad you were able to get it and it arrived safely. Looks like a nice overall haul. I just wrapped up reading Alias the other day. Great book (as are a lot of the others in your pics).

Has the Deadpool and Cable omnibus become a bit hard to get online already in the UK? Normally an omnibus is between £40 and £50 the first couple of weeks but all I see is Amazon for £60 (which I don't buy hardcovers from) and £95+ on the marketplace. Out of stock on Speedyhen and Wordery too.

Glad I got Alias, missed the Speedyhen preorder for £40 but got it for £50 from Wordery. Pretty sure I'm done with Marvel until the Busiek Avengers omni next year now. Gives me more money to add to the first two Hellboy LE's!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Has the Deadpool and Cable omnibus become a bit hard to get online already in the UK? Normally an omnibus is between £40 and £50 the first couple of weeks but all I see is Amazon for £60 (which I don't buy hardcovers from) and £95+ on the marketplace. Out of stock on Speedyhen and Wordery too.

Glad I got Alias, missed the Speedyhen preorder for £40 but got it for £50 from Wordery. Pretty sure I'm done with Marvel until the Busiek Avengers omni next year now. Gives me more money to add to the first two Hellboy LE's!
    Deadpool and Cable isn't available to all retailers yet. I think it's DM now and everyone else on tuesday.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

How is the paper in the new edition of Alias?
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

What exactly does direct market mean? I feel like I should know lol.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    How it was explained to me:

Direct market - ordering direct from publishers (i.e. hachette)
    Distributors - Ordering from dealers who supply multiple products to stores (i.e diamond)

Direct market has no returns but better lead times and sometimes pricing. But you end up with things like remaindered books.
    Distributors are more available but take a larger cut of the pie.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Isn't instocktrades considered a distributor? So where do comic book stores fall into as a opposed to a chain like BaN?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Direct market is distribution by Diamond to Diamond dealers (aka comic book shops). Mass market is widespread distribution.

How it was explained to me:

Direct market - ordering direct from publishers (i.e. hachette)
    Distributors - Ordering from dealers who supply multiple products to stores (i.e diamond)

Direct market has no returns but better lead times and sometimes pricing. But you end up with things like remaindered books.
    Distributors are more available but take a larger cut of the pie.
    Other way round. Diamond distributes to the direct market market (comic book stores) and Hatchett distributes to the chain outlets (amazon, BN, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Other way round. Diamond distributes to the direct market market (comic book stores) and Hatchett distributes to the chain outlets (amazon, BN, etc).
    Ah, gotcha.

Ah, gotcha.
    You've just been Canucked, Canucked. I'm so proud of myself for coming up with that.