Page 502 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 24024524924984995005015025035045055065125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 17378
    Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBonce View Post
    For what it's worth, I just wanted to offer my appreciation to both DarkBeast and Kodave for their enormously helpful recent posts on (respectively) Hickman and possible omnibus discounts.

It's posts like these that make this thread so invaluable.
    Not on topic but I just HAVE to ask.

Are you originally from the UK or do you get repeats of Rainbow in Australia?

I always loved Zippy but especially George!

Happy days ...
    Last edited by Cerd the nerd; 11-08-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Does anyone know why the Miller Daredevil Companion is so expensive? I thought companions were usually cheaper and not important.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    You've just been Canucked, Canucked. I'm so proud of myself for coming up with that.
    Canucked up. Love it.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm with you. After I saw those pictures - it looked like it had been through a war after one read - I said, forget it. I'd probably get it for $15, but that's it.
    That said, the book - even when it does eventually sell out - isn't going to get anywhere near $100 or $150 in a couple of years on Ebay. There are just some books that such so bad that when they're gone, it's more "good riddance" rather than "I have to have it."
    That's going to be one of them.
    I think my decision was compounded by the fact that i haven't caught up with reading so there's no point adding that to the pile especially when there are other event books (AvX) still sitting there when i should have cancelled

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Not really; it's not an omnibus. Simple as that.
    Yes, it doesn't have the 'Marvel Omnibus' white lettering on a red background at the top of the spine.

So technically, it's not an Omnibus.

But, you know, some OHC's are exactly the same as an Omnibus, except they don't say so on the spine.

E.g. X-men Fatal Attractions, X-men Fall of the Mutants, Avengers vs X-men Companion, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    Not on topic but I just HAVE to ask.

Are you originally from the UK or do you get repeats of Rainbow in Australia?

I always loved Zippy but especially George!

Happy days ...
    Ha ha. I am from the UK, yeah, but my wife is Australian. I just asked and she says she knows what Rainbow is but doesn't think it was on TV here. Key part of my upbringing, obviously. Glad to find another aficionado!

Anyway... Back on topic, has anyone in Australia got their Alias reprint yet? Mine has long since dispatched but still no sign of it. Bookworld is so slow with delivery on new releases, it drives me crazy. I have even wondered if the dispatch notices are BS and they actually ship them a week or two later.

So tomorrow is the last day to use the 15% off B&N coupon...still on the edge on whether to use it or wait for a bigger one to drop in the coming weeks, thoughts guys?
    I could see myself abusing this sale quite a number of times if clearance/black friday disappoints.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 11-09-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Spectacular Member

Does anyone know why the Miller Daredevil Companion is so expensive? I thought companions were usually cheaper and not important.
    Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I believe it's because it's out of print. It wasn't reprinted when the main omni was.

Yeah, being OOP is the main thing, with pretty much all books, so prices for HC or OHC editions are just stupid, like Punisher Max vol 4, or even American Vampire vol 3 - 80 pounds for new book, crazy! Plus it contains one of the best Daredevil stories, The Man Without Fear, got it in HC and it's awesome stuff

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Yeah, being OOP is the main thing, with pretty much all books, so prices for HC or OHC editions are just stupid, like Punisher Max vol 4, or even American Vampire vol 3 - 80 pounds for new book, crazy! Plus it contains one of the best Daredevil stories, The Man Without Fear, got it in HC and it's awesome stuff
    Correction, it contains two of tte best Daredevil stories ever told. Born Again is easily the best Daredevil story ever.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Correction, it contains two of tte best Daredevil stories ever told. Born Again is easily the best Daredevil story ever.

Hm, ok, didn't read Born Again, know nothing about it. I'll wait for TV series, there is a small chance that book will get reprint.

Hm, ok, didn't read Born Again, know nothing about it. I'll wait for TV series, there is a small chance that book will get reprint.
    It's generally considered the best Daredevil story, maybe even one of the best comics in general. I highly recommend giving it a read someday. Best Miller comic by far.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's generally considered the best Daredevil story, maybe even one of the best comics in general. I highly recommend giving it a read someday. Best Miller comic by far.
    Really?! Better than Sin City? Better than Dark Knight or Year One?

Really?! Better than Sin City? Better than Dark Knight or Year One?
    In my opinion and that of some others, yes. Of course, "best of" is an opinion so not everybody will agree but I think it's the best Miller comic and I'm not the only one. Dark Knight Returns is more important though

I think Born Again and Year One are equal ,except Daredevil is a better character, just above DKR. Man Without Fear has a vibe to it that just makes it easy to read over and over again. I actually googled mental/nervous breakdowns and it made Born Again that much more authentic because I had some trouble (wrongly) thinking that a person can't go from extremes so quickly.

I still think Miller's first run is up there as one of the greatest of all time. From the point when he takes over writing it just gets better and better.