Page 504 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 44044544945005015025035045055065075085145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    Can anyone here recommend a good book rest for omnibus and OHC reading.

I've checked these out on Amazon and, it seems, for every good thing about each of these, there is something that gives me pause.

Fellowes Booklift Copyholder 28.86 http://www.amazon.ca/Fellowes-Bookli.../ref=pd_cp_k_2

Natural Living Bamboo Recipe Book Holder 14.99 http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00272W6N8/r...I1MC28YZRQ5160

Comments or other suggestions?
    I would not recommend those unless you can test them out yourself. I bought a pretty nice one on amazon but there are round metal bars on the hinges that will dent your book.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Absolutely spot on, imo - about the last issues of BA, the underappreciation of Elektra: Assassin as well as the quality of MWF.

I'd add that Miller worked with the best two artists that ever have worked on a Marvel book (highly subjective, I know) on two of those runs: Mazzucchelli (on BA) and Sienkiewicz (on EA), so that alone makes it worth it getting those stories.

However, I think Miller has also delivered some amazing work outside of the Big Two. Apart from the obvious (Sin City, 300), his Martha Washington series (mentioned by others above) is brilliant yet often overlooked.
    Hey, great minds think alike.

I've never read Martha Washington, though. Never really seen it at a time when I was ready to buy it, if that makes sense. I know I've seen two or three issues of it in the dollar bin at a somewhat local flea market. I've glanced at them many times but never really had a sense of how much of the story they represented. I'll pick 'em up already next week.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I think the work Sienkiewicz did on EA might have been his best ever. The story was also damn good, too.
    I think it's probably my favorite art on anything ever. I can't think of any comic work that was more impressive to me visually. And I'm not really even a huge Sienkiewicz fan.

Oh I guess JHWIII on Promethea. Those are the top two visual tour-de-forces in comics history, as far as I'm concerned.

The impossible irony is that I'm fine with owning both of them in standard dimensions. I've bought and then sold both the Elektra Omnibus and OHC because the price was right. And I have no desire to buy Promethea in Absolute or Omnibus format. I'm fine with the single issues. I guess because for whatever reason the art here is very tied to storytelling or something. I dunno. That said, of course if new OHCs came out tomorrow I'd buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ... but there's one caveat for me: The Fantastic Four. I was most excited about collecting this series and I only got the first two Masterworks volumes. I'm thinking I might have to go with the omnibuses for that one series.
    Well, you get 3 omnibuses (2 available now), all in print, which covers MMW's 1-9. BAM, that's 90+% of the Lee/Kirby run right there (they trickle into MMW #10).

All are in print, and due to 2nd printings, will probably be in print for awhile. So good for you that you have books you want that are actually IN PRINT. ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    So, I'm still reeling from the cancellation of the Marvel Masterworks paperback line. I've been discovering Silver Age Marvel via this method, so it was quite upsetting... but I think I've gotten my collecting plan mostly back together. I've got the final Ditko Spider-Man volume, there are a couple of still in print volumes that fill out runs of characters I want (like Captain America up until the Kirby and Streranko stuff ends) and I'll try to get those quickly, and then for the rest I'm kinda okay with waiting a few years until the Epic Collections cover the stuff I want. I see the Epic Collections will probably be totally out of order, since the second Kirby/Lee Thor volume comes from near the end of Kirby's run, but I'll just deal with that.

... but there's one caveat for me: The Fantastic Four. I was most excited about collecting this series and I only got the first two Masterworks volumes. I'm thinking I might have to go with the omnibuses for that one series.
    When was this announced?
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    If you have to get a crappy tpb, get one now and read it. I love Miller's original stories and they were certainly groundbreaking, but they don't quite stand the test of time, like Born Again.

The Martha Washington "absolute" average about $100. I got a lucky "buy it now" for about $65 with free shipping about a year ago. If you're patient you can find it for about that price. I don't think I've seen it lower. It had a $100 cover price.
    Are you sure about that 100 dollars threshold? Haven't checked anywhere else but when I see 160 pounds on UK Amazon I expect at least 200 $ somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Well, you get 3 omnibuses (2 available now), all in print, which covers MMW's 1-9. BAM, that's 90+% of the Lee/Kirby run right there (they trickle into MMW #10).

All are in print, and due to 2nd printings, will probably be in print for awhile. So good for you that you have books you want that are actually IN PRINT. ;-)
    The price point of three $60+ volumes gave me sticker shock, but when you do the math covering the same material in the smaller volumes would add up to just as much money, if not more. That made me feel somewhat better.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    When was this announced?
    A couple weeks back it was confirmed by Cory Sedlmeier over on the MMW message board.
    http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...ht_102614.html

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    A couple weeks back it was confirmed by Cory Sedlmeier over on the MMW message board.
    http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...ht_102614.html
    This is disappointing to see. There's so much from hardcover MW that hasn't been released in TPB form. Hopefully Epics will be able to fill the gaps, but it's a shame because of the cost of the HC MW and how quickly they go out of print, I rely on the TPB equivilant volumes. Having said that, some TPBs function as MWs by another name, for example the Nick Fury and Warlock Complete Collections which are almost identical to their MW vol. 2s.

Also, for people looking for overstock books, check out the bargainbooktime (a) (b) pages on Amazon (this is UK; not sure about US.)
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    CBR's LGBT Community

EDIT

---

Read link before posting

---
    Last edited by America / Bucky / Russia; 11-09-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    CBR's LGBT Community

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I've got a couple omniboo I'm interested in swapping within the U.S. for those looking to plug some holes in their collection. I can swap:

Secret Wars Omni (sealed, original art cover)
    Invincible Iron Man Omni Vol 1 (dust jacket in less than mint state, binding is still great, original movie cover)
    Amazing Spider-man Omni vol 2 (sealed, Romita DM cover)

Looking for:

Daredevil Companion Omni (red and black Chip Kidd cover)
    Wolverine Omni vol 1
    X-Men Inferno OHC
    New Teen Titans Omni vol 1
    Tomb of Dracula Omni vol 1

Does anyone know if the 2007 Miller Daredevil Omnibus and Companion are both sewn binding?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Does anyone know if the 2007 Miller Daredevil Omnibus and Companion are both sewn binding?
    I'm pretty sure they're both glued.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I asked a seller from eBay about the Frank Miller Klaus Janson Omnibus 2007, they said it was glued. I can't justify spending a bunch of money for the 2007 edition, if it's only for the thicker paper and awesome dust jacket.

Should my next purchase be Civil War: Frontline or Thanos Imperative? I'm learning toward Thanos but Frontline has a higher page count which is rather appealing.
    Last edited by Busby; 11-09-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Well I pulled the trigger on the BAM $10.00 coupon. Got the Days of Future Past Hardcover for effectively half off. I'm guessing that like the recent Dark Phoenix hardcover there will be content in this collection that will not carry over to the omnibus, and i'm assuming the Epic that is likely years away.