Page 505 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 54054554955015025035045055065075085095155556051005 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Does anyone know if the 2007 Miller Daredevil Omnibus and Companion are both sewn binding?
    Both glued. And thicker pages, which makes the glued binding a bit worse. I remember getting annoyed at times when reading them. The new printing is worth it for the sewn binding. Hoping you guys get a reprint of the companion soon. I know all the hype is with the Elektra storyline and I understand why that was reprinted first. But, Born Again is the best Miller DD story. And Man Without Fear is a personal favorite. (MWF was actually my introduction to Daredevil back in the 90s.)

Thanks guys for the responses on Daredevil. I'll get the new printing for Miller and wait for the Companion. Also working on finding Bendis and Brubaker omnibi.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger on the BAM $10.00 coupon. Got the Days of Future Past Hardcover for effectively half off. I'm guessing that like the recent Dark Phoenix hardcover there will be content in this collection that will not carry over to the omnibus, and i'm assuming the Epic that is likely years away.
    The DOFP Past HC is basically the original two-parter, Days of Future Present, a Wolverine three-issue series and a couple of other things.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Amazing Member

just got my fishpond 15€ (~18$) pre-order (shipping included) of original sin HC cancelled

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Slurged on some omnibuses, but can't work out their order for my shelves.

I have
    Uncanny X-Men 1 & 2
    Claremont's X-Men 1 & 2 and then New X-Men. but they're easy to order.

What I can't figure out how to arrange is X-Statix, Infinity Gauntlet, Wolverine & The X-Men and Annihilation.

Any thoughts?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    Slurged on some omnibuses, but can't work out their order for my shelves.

I have
    Uncanny X-Men 1 & 2
    Claremont's X-Men 1 & 2 and then New X-Men. but they're easy to order.

What I can't figure out how to arrange is X-Statix, Infinity Gauntlet, Wolverine & The X-Men and Annihilation.

Any thoughts?
    I'd put Annihilation and Infinity Gauntlet together either before or after all the X-books. I'd go chronilogical with the X-books, so Uncanny X-Men, Claremont, New X-Men, X-Statix, Wolverine and the X-Men. But it's all a matter of opinion
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    This is disappointing to see. There's so much from hardcover MW that hasn't been released in TPB form. Hopefully Epics will be able to fill the gaps, but it's a shame because of the cost of the HC MW and how quickly they go out of print, I rely on the TPB equivilant volumes. Having said that, some TPBs function as MWs by another name, for example the Nick Fury and Warlock Complete Collections which are almost identical to their MW vol. 2s.
    The recent Deathlok the Demolisher Complete Collection was also a complete reprint in SC of the MMWv1 HC. Wonder why they didn't reprint it as Deathlok Epic Collection v1? Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I've got a couple omniboo I'm interested in swapping within the U.S. for those looking to plug some holes in their collection. I can swap:

Secret Wars Omni (sealed, original art cover)
    Invincible Iron Man Omni Vol 1 (dust jacket in less than mint state, binding is still great, original movie cover)
    Amazing Spider-man Omni vol 2 (sealed, Romita DM cover)
    You might want to hold onto that SW Omni. It might escalate in price when the new series comes out next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Does anyone know if the 2007 Miller Daredevil Omnibus and Companion are both sewn binding?
    Both glued. Get this: My original DD Companion even had the DJ glued to the cover. Weird. I tried to take it off but the front right edge was glued to the book. So I had to read it with the DJ on. That's the only book that ever happened to.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    The DOFP Past HC is basically the original two-parter, Days of Future Present, a Wolverine three-issue series and a couple of other things.
    It also includes the 1990 follow up Days of Future Present which was pretty good back in the day. Haven't re-read it in years to see how it holds up nowadays though.

Fantastic Member

hey guys, can you please help me decide? i'm just placing an order with b&n and can't decide on what deadpool omnibus to buy: ".. by joe kelly" or "..& cable"?
    which one of those is more entertaining and/or more probable to go oop soon?

thanks for your input.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    hey guys, can you please help me decide? i'm just placing an order with b&n and can't decide on what deadpool omnibus to buy: ".. by joe kelly" or "..& cable"?

thanks for your input.
    I personally think Cable&Deadpool is more entertaining but I know some guys who think Kelly's is better
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'd put Annihilation and Infinity Gauntlet together either before or after all the X-books. I'd go chronilogical with the X-books, so Uncanny X-Men, Claremont, New X-Men, X-Statix, Wolverine and the X-Men. But it's all a matter of opinion
    I agree. It's a shame they didn't continue the black spine tradition on omnibuses, the rest are going to look like a serious jumble =/

thanks for your input.
    Eh, both are great. Both $125, right? Probably get the newer one at a better deal right now.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

thanks for your input.
    Personally I'd recommend the by Kelly Omni. It's what made DP what he is today. Before Kelly started writing him he was basically your generic 1990s Liefeld created "loaded down with swords & guns X-villain". Kelly turned him more into a wisecracking mercenary anti-hero.

Amazing Member

Does anyone have any thoughts on the New Avengers Omni vs. the OHCs? I have the Omni, but was thinking of getting the OHCs instead. Are they broken up better in OHC? I like to arrange things chronologically and thought it might have better story breaks. That said, I may as well finish the run in OHC since Vol. 2 doesn't seem to be on the horizon at all.

Just received my Fantastic Four by Hickman vol. 2 Omnibus and Thor OHC from IST. For those wondering, the Hickman Omni is identical to volume 1; same spine, same build quality, etc.

Sadly, I think this might be my last HC order. Trying to put our house on the market and juggle a promotion at work, I just don't have the time to devote to the hobby like I'd like. I've always bought more than I read, but even with trying to cut back I find I'm still not reading 1/10 of what I buy. Mix in looking at packing up the 40+ Expedit cubes worth of hardcovers I've accumulated over the past 3 years, and the desire to just sell it all and be done only gets louder.

For any of my fellow Omnibus and Hardcover lovers whom are interested, before I start dumping everything onto eBay I've got a few OOP books I was going to sell at cover;

Astonishing X-Men
    Thor by JMS
    Thor by Simonson
    Cap by Bru vol 1-3
    X-Men AOA variant

Send me a PM if interested and we can figure out the logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I've always bought more than I read, but even with trying to cut back I find I'm still not reading 1/10 of what I buy.
    This is a big problem for me, as well. There are two upcoming Marvel omnis (and one deluxe HC from DC) I plan to get, but other than that I'm going strictly back-issues save for Hellboy LE, BPRD omnis, Goon, Batman '66 and Thor (trying to get a complete run, regardless of format). I figure since Batman '66 is the most frequent of those (two a year?) and I live over an hour from the nearest shop I should eventually have read most of my stuff.