Page 557 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 574575075475535545555565575585595605615676076571057 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by romeop View Post
    I am quite new to Marvel collecting and have a question about the MarvelNow hardcover editions. I have found various examples of hardcovers for a series collecting just the first 6 or so issues and then some time later the first 12ish issues.
    I wanted to start collecting one of those but I am quite unsure if this is a general practice that marvel does? Seems to me a bit redundant and quite confusing, why are they doing that?
    Are those editions all the same production quality and will they follow thru with it?

For example Thor: God of Thunder
    There is a HC edition with issues 6-11 (1-5 has gone OOP since I last checked):
    Thor: God of Thunder, Godbomb
    It says there it also includes some exclusive AR video content (which I do not care much about)

And then there is the HC edition with issues 1-11 (according to Amazon also slightly bigger in size and more attractive price-wise):
    Thor: God of Thunder Volume 1

I have found the same thing with one of the other series (I think All New X-Men)

So my question is, will both editions be continued, has it happened before? Is it okay always to wait for the bigger one? Or does the smaller one have any advantages apart from being released earlier (but not much of a gap)?
    I have read quite a big chunk of the info at the thread start but could not find any mention about it.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany
    So you've got Premiere Editions and Deluxe Editions. Marvel's better-selling titles get released first in Premiere Hardcovers, which usually collect about 6 issues of a title. After a while, the same book will come out in softcover. (Marvel's books that don't sell as well go straight to softcover.)

For some books, like the two you've stumbled on, Marvel will put out a deluxe hardcover. These usually collect twelve issues or so, or the equivalent of two of the smaller collections I just covered. They're also oversized; they're about an inch taller and two-thirds of an inch wider. Right now, Marvel's only doing this for a select few titles: Thor, Deadpool, Hawkeye (finishing with Volume 2), All-New X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers and Daredevil. They did this with Superior Spider-Man, but it remains to be seen if they'll continue with Amazing Spider-Man.

In short, there's no guarantee that any given book is going to get the deluxe treatment. It's even possible for Marvel to abandon a series in the deluxe format if the sales aren't there. (This hasn't had a chance to happen with the Marvel Now series yet, but it happened with Fraction's Invincible Iron Man, for example.)

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Does anyone know about the original Miller DD omnibus and Companion being sewn? Someone who says he can sell me both said they're sewn and I asked him for pictures which I'll put up soon. I only found online that they're all glued but wondered if someone knew of an exception.
    The original Miller DD and Companion omnibuses are glued--and even worse than that they both suffer from a tacky recoloring job. Come on DD masterworks hurry up and get there! We need some authentic coloring!

I can't believe Spider-Man isn't even getting a regular hardcover...
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

I can't believe Spider-Man isn't even getting a regular hardcover...
    It seems like Amazing will get the same treatment as Superior...tpb -> OSHC. (I'm hoping!)

However, I'm not sure how Spider-Verse will fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    It seems like Amazing will get the same treatment as Superior...tpb -> OSHC. (I'm hoping!)

Hopefully, we get an OHC of #1-6, 1.1-1.5 and maybe Edge of Spider-Verse #1-5 to sit against Spider-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post

I know I've already praised it a lot but Thor GoT deluxe vol 1 is pretty damn amazing. It's a fully contained story and it's one of the best Marvel Now stories easily. The rest after that is good to very good but the first 11 issues were amazing.
    I'm about a third of the way through it, and this is a great read. Well, thought out. To me, Aaron's Marvel work has always been above average at best, but he's hitting it over the fences with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    The original Miller DD and Companion omnibuses are glued--and even worse than that they both suffer from a tacky recoloring job. Come on DD masterworks hurry up and get there! We need some authentic coloring!
    Do you think you could post up some pictures? Curious about the coloring job.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Do you think you could post up some pictures? Curious about the coloring job.
    We covered this in an earlier version of this thread and I'm sure someone posted pics. If not you can check out the orange DD at the MMW Message Boards. Somebody once posted pics there. I'd post them myself, but I'm way too tired because thoughts of Brian Bendis writing the X-Men disturbed my sleep and had me tossing and turning all last night!

We covered this in an earlier version of this thread and I'm sure someone posted pics. If not you can check out the orange DD at the MMW Message Boards. Somebody once posted pics there. I'd post them myself, but I'm way too tired because thoughts of Brian Bendis writing the X-Men disturbed my sleep and had me tossing and turning all last night!
    Lol he did a great job on Daredevil if that makes you feel any better. And at least you're not reading his gotg. (hopefully)

Spectacular Member

I'd post them myself, but I'm way too tired because thoughts of Brian Bendis writing the X-Men disturbed my sleep and had me tossing and turning all last night!
    You mustn't have had enough sleep for years now!

Lol he did a great job on Daredevil if that makes you feel any better. And at least you're not reading his gotg. (hopefully)
    Honestly Bendis's Uncanny and All New isn't all that bad. I'd buy OHCs of his Uncanny no problem. But his GoTG is just awful. Seems like the plot now is to mix the Guardians with Iron Man, Angela, X-Men, Ms Marvel, Venom and trying to make GoTG 'mainstream' (whatever that means). Interesting to see how well that 1st OHS sells though

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post

I'm hoping that the hypothetical ASM Vol 2 hardcover will collct issues 16 onwards. Hopefully the spine for the spider-verse OHC has the same design featues as the current run of OHC's marvel are kicking out.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I am quite new to Marvel collecting and have a question about the MarvelNow hardcover editions. I have found various examples of hardcovers for a series collecting just the first 6 or so issues and then some time later the first 12ish issues.
    I wanted to start collecting one of those but I am quite unsure if this is a general practice that marvel does? Seems to me a bit redundant and quite confusing, why are they doing that?
    Are those editions all the same production quality and will they follow thru with it?

For example Thor: God of Thunder
    There is a HC edition with issues 6-11 (1-5 has gone OOP since I last checked):
    Thor: God of Thunder, Godbomb
    It says there it also includes some exclusive AR video content (which I do not care much about)

And then there is the HC edition with issues 1-11 (according to Amazon also slightly bigger in size and more attractive price-wise):
    Thor: God of Thunder Volume 1

I have found the same thing with one of the other series (I think All New X-Men)
    Money, money, money.

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    So you've got Premiere Editions and Deluxe Editions. Marvel's better-selling titles get released first in Premiere Hardcovers, which usually collect about 6 issues of a title. After a while, the same book will come out in softcover. (Marvel's books that don't sell as well go straight to softcover.)

For some books, like the two you've stumbled on, Marvel will put out a deluxe hardcover. These usually collect twelve issues or so, or the equivalent of two of the smaller collections I just covered. They're also oversized; they're about an inch taller and two-thirds of an inch wider. Right now, Marvel's only doing this for a select few titles: Thor, Deadpool, Hawkeye (finishing with Volume 2), All-New X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers and Daredevil. They did this with Superior Spider-Man, but it remains to be seen if they'll continue with Amazing Spider-Man.

In short, there's no guarantee that any given book is going to get the deluxe treatment. It's even possible for Marvel to abandon a series in the deluxe format if the sales aren't there. (This hasn't had a chance to happen with the Marvel Now series yet, but it happened with Fraction's Invincible Iron Man, for example.)

So my question is, will both editions be continued, has it happened before? Is it okay always to wait for the bigger one? Or does the smaller one have any advantages apart from being released earlier (but not much of a gap)?
    I have read quite a big chunk of the info at the thread start but could not find any mention about it.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany
    As Jshlpetski wrote, there is no guarantee that a certain title will get the deluxe treatment. But for those already out, the OHC i.e. the "bigger one" is far superior and more bang for your buck. Not only do you get the oversized treatment but it works out cheaper.

Btw, welcome to the thread.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post

Honestly Bendis's Uncanny and All New isn't all that bad. I'd buy OHCs of his Uncanny no problem. But his GoTG is just awful. Seems like the plot now is to mix the Guardians with Iron Man, Angela, X-Men, Ms Marvel, Venom and trying to make GoTG 'mainstream' (whatever that means). Interesting to see how well that 1st OHS sells though
    I think the first GoTG OHC will sell very well. The first two PHCs (Vol.1: Cosmic Avengers & Vol.2: Angela) are sold out and are going for extortionate prices on the secondary market.

Does anyone know about the original Miller DD omnibus and Companion being sewn? Someone who says he can sell me both said they're sewn and I asked him for pictures which I'll put up soon. I only found online that they're all glued but wondered if someone knew of an exception.
    The Companion Omnibus is glued indeed, but there's nothing wrong about its coloring. I'm sure it will eventually get reprinted.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I think the first GoTG OHC will sell very well. The first two PHCs (Vol.1: Cosmic Avengers & Vol.2: Angela) are sold out and are going for extortionate prices on the secondary market.
    I also think GotG OHC will sell well, if only because it has the Guardians nametag and vol 1 on the cover.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47