Page 558 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 584585085485545555565575585595605615625686086581058 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 17378

What is the X-Men: Inferno Prologue? IS it an Omni or just a Mutant Massacre style OHC?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    What is the X-Men: Inferno Prologue? IS it an Omni or just a Mutant Massacre style OHC?
    It's not an omnibus, no. It's the next part in the classic X-Men OHC series, plugging the hole between Fall of the Mutants and Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    It's not an omnibus, no. It's the next part in the classic X-Men OHC series, plugging the hole between Fall of the Mutants and Inferno.
    Does it contain a lot of extraneous crap from Loise Simonson's New Mutants and X-Factor runs? If so, that's a no go. That'll give ya nightmares, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Does it contain a lot of extraneous crap from Loise Simonson's New Mutants and X-Factor runs? If so, that's a no go. That'll give ya nightmares, too.
    I love that stuff, but yes. It's comprised of about 1/3 each.

• Uncanny X-Men #228-238, Annual #12
    • X-Factor #27-32, Annual #3
    • New Mutants #62-70, Annual #4
    • Marvel Age Annual #4, Marvel Fanfare #40

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I'd post them myself, but I'm way too tired because thoughts of Brian Bendis writing the X-Men disturbed my sleep and had me tossing and turning all last night!
    OMG, me too. Like, actually.

I feel like my depression about how awful the entire X-line has been for the past two years has lead me to spend more money on other comics in order to try to recapture the magic. I'd also like to link it to my gaining weight, but that's mostly attributed to working at a start-up
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Yeah, the "Inferno Prologue" is going to be a tough buy for me. I will, because it plugs a hole and the Claremont X-Men issues cover one of my favorite eras of the team; but man, those New Mutants issues are weak sauce. Oh, Gossamyr... how does it feel that writers have brought back freaking Bird-Brain, yet no one has deigned to touch you?

Haven't read the X-Factor issues, so at least there'll be the novelty factor. But overall, yeah, this is a gap-filling purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Didn't you post this recently?

Time travel is a big part of some avengers stories, mostly anything involving Kang. But there's many more stories that don't cover time travel. Avengers is often fun, but it can be pretty broody too.
    yep, deleted the previous post, sorry!

I was wondering about the rest of the run because i had high hopes for the "avengers forever" storyline and was bored by it!

thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Yeah, the "Inferno Prologue" is going to be a tough buy for me. I will, because it plugs a hole and the Claremont X-Men issues cover one of my favorite eras of the team; but man, those New Mutants issues are weak sauce. Oh, Gossamyr... how does it feel that writers have brought back freaking Bird-Brain, yet no one has deigned to touch you?

Haven't read the X-Factor issues, so at least there'll be the novelty factor. But overall, yeah, this is a gap-filling purchase.
    I feel like Marvel knows this, and is milking it. Like a buy one x-men get two shitty comics included at full price.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

With Amazon having listings up for Omni titles through May at least is it likely we aren't going to see any DD Omni material, new or reprints, to coincide with his Netflix TV show?
    I don't have the Bendis or Brubaker DD volumes and while I have the DD MMW Silver Age material I'd like to get those in an Omni, I'd sell the MMW to get just the one volume. The DD material is a big hole in my Omni collection.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    With Amazon having listings up for Omni titles through May at least is it likely we aren't going to see any DD Omni material, new or reprints, to coincide with his Netflix TV show?
    I don't have the Bendis or Brubaker DD volumes and while I have the DD MMW Silver Age material I'd like to get those in an Omni, I'd sell the MMW to get just the one volume. The DD material is a big hole in my Omni collection.
    Yeah looks like it's avengers season for the first half of next year (with some other stuff peppered in) but there will probably some surprises. No Spidey omni makes me sad. Are there any x-omnis beyond onslaught and its avengers double billing?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Yeah looks like it's avengers season for the first half of next year (with some other stuff peppered in) but there will probably some surprises. No Spidey omni makes me sad. Are there any x-omnis beyond onslaught and its avengers double billing?
    I was wondering the same, with stuff like X-Men by Alan Davis, X-Men by Seagle & Kelly, Uncanny X-Men-The New Age by Chris Claremont and X-Men: Legacy (X-Men: Legacy Vol. 1 #208–218, not the new stuff) on one hand and New mutants, Excalibur, Peter D. X-factor,... i wonder why they're keeping the X-men related omnibus to stuff connected to the avengers or stuff like this Inferno "prologue" ..
    Last edited by ricardoramos; 11-26-2014 at 10:01 AM. Reason: corrected text

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm with you on this. If a SA DD Omnibus does appear, I'll probably purchase it and still keep my MMW HCs due to the paper quality.

I'm eagerly awaiting a DD Miller Companion Omnibus reprint.

Can anyone tell me if the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is any good? Is the storyline good and worth the purchase of the omnibus or stick with the trade paperback? Any help would be greatly appreciated

The Infinity Gauntlet and Silver Surfer issues in the omni are great. There are a lot of tie-ins and some are good and some not. Personally, I really like the omnibus.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post

Ugh! The mention of Bird Brain just made me throw up a little in my mouth. Thanks again, Louise Simonson!