Page 560 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 604605105505565575585595605615625635645706106601060 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 17378
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Ok so this ebay seller sent me some pictures of his DD Companion binding. This is sewn right?
    DD Companion was glued. No sewn version exists.

Don't mistake head or tail bands as a sign of sewn binding.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    DD Companion was glued. No sewn version exists.

Don't mistake head or tail bands as a sign of sewn binding.
    Thanks for this. Can finally put this to rest and hope for a reprint like everyone else.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

If you're worried about it being like one of DC's famously tight glued bindings, it really isn't. I bought the DD Companion earlier this year and read it comfortably, and I'll be honest, I'm picky about getting comfortable with a book. It won't lie open flat like our modern Omniboo, but it's not problematic at all. That said, it's pretty expensive and THAT might be your best reason to hold out for a potential reprint.

Also, I really love the design for the Anniversary Omnibus though like most on here I've probably already got enough of its contents not to merit buying one. I think it seems like a perfect gift for someone getting into comics though.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    If you're worried about it being like one of DC's famously tight glued bindings, it really isn't. I bought the DD Companion earlier this year and read it comfortably, and I'll be honest, I'm picky about getting comfortable with a book. It won't lie open flat like our modern Omniboo, but it's not problematic at all. That said, it's pretty expensive and THAT might be your best reason to hold out for a potential reprint.

Also, I really love the design for the Anniversary Omnibus though like most on here I've probably already got enough of its contents not to merit buying one. I think it seems like a perfect gift for someone getting into comics though.
    From what I gather, Legion564 has an OCD when it comes to sewn bindings

Nice haul. Kind of scared to show you guys what I've put together the last quarter of this year.
    I'm sure you'll be going from no books to a brand new shelf completely full of your last quarter purchases. That's when you know you've lost the battle and have given in to the dark side.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the U.S. posters.
    To the rest of you, happy Thursday, stay safe, stay away from Avengers Crossing (no matter how cheap it gets), etc., etc.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Latest haul
    Any extras in Thor??

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Is every issue after New Mutants Classic #54 a tie in?

I can't find them in any other new mutant books, only event books and half of them I'm not interested in getting.

Other than the death of Cypher (which I have in my fall of the mutants trades) does anything else worth reading happen in New Mutants post issue #54?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the U.S. posters.
    To the rest of you, happy Thursday, stay safe, stay away from Avengers Crossing (no matter how cheap it gets), etc., etc.
    And a happy Thursday to you sir
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I'm sure you'll be going from no books to a brand new shelf completely full of your last quarter purchases. That's when you know you've lost the battle and have given in to the dark side.
    Wow how did you know I even bought a shelf?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Wow how did you know I even bought a shelf?
    You mentioned it recently. I think you even posted pics. I also, remember you posting pics of your small stack of omnibus you just stacked on a desk because your collection was so new.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    You mentioned it recently. I think you even posted pics. I also, remember you posting pics of your small stack of omnibus you just stacked on a desk because your collection was so new.
    Haha wow great memory you've got there.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    And a happy Thursday to you sir

Huzzah! Huzzah i say!

Fantastic Member

just came home with 17 lbs of omniboo, including Hickman's FF Volume 1, from B&N in my backpack (had them delivered to the office), checked the cart for price drops/rises, and cried a little, because Volume 2 wasn't there no more.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    just came home with 17 lbs of omniboo, including Hickman's FF Volume 1, from B&N in my backpack (had them delivered to the office), checked the cart for price drops/rises, and cried a little, because Volume 2 wasn't there no more.
    God damn that was fast. Really surprised 2 is gone already.