Page 561 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 614615115515575585595605615625635645655716116611061 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 17378
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Latest haul

Here's the cover, which I actually really love, but I haven't opened the book because I'm not sure if I'm keeping it. I kinds forgot to cancel the order.
    If you have the chance, could you post some pics pf the 75th anniversary omnibus?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    God damn that was fast. Really surprised 2 is gone already.
    it was, wasn't it? when i was leaving this morning it was still there, still waiting for me and the 30% discount. i had it figured out and now i have to find a third omnibus again. by Monday. *all desperate* should have snatched it with 20%...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Is every issue after New Mutants Classic #54 a tie in?

I can't find them in any other new mutant books, only event books and half of them I'm not interested in getting.

Other than the death of Cypher (which I have in my fall of the mutants trades) does anything else worth reading happen in New Mutants post issue #54?
    Issue 54 was Claremont's last (except for two fill-in issues later in the run), so there probably won't be any more Classics volumes. The title definitely took a downturn in quality after he left. "Worth reading" is obviously subjective, but the title's best days were unquestionably behind it, and most elements of Weezie's run aren't that fondly remembered. After Inferno there's an endlessly long Asgard storyline, and then when they return Cable takes over and it's sooooooo bad.

So, no, you really aren't missing much after issue 54, unfortunately. For a title that for a couple of years was better than the concurrent X-Men title, it definitely plummeted.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Issue 54 was Claremont's last (except for two fill-in issues later in the run), so there probably won't be any more Classics volumes. The title definitely took a downturn in quality after he left. "Worth reading" is obviously subjective, but the title's best days were unquestionably behind it, and most elements of Weezie's run aren't that fondly remembered. After Inferno there's an endlessly long Asgard storyline, and then when they return Cable takes over and it's sooooooo bad.

So, no, you really aren't missing much after issue 54, unfortunately. For a title that for a couple of years was better than the concurrent X-Men title, it definitely plummeted.
    Hm, that's interesting. Thanks.

I'm surprised there was never an omnibus of claremont's run.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

avengers-thanksgiving.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    It's very good. The Silver Surfer lead-in issues are excellent and it contains Thanos Quest which I honestly think is better than the Gauntlet event itself. A few of the tie-ins are bad (Cloak and Dagger) but they're mostly excellent to decent as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    The Infinity Gauntlet and Silver Surfer issues in the omni are great. There are a lot of tie-ins and some are good and some not. Personally, I really like the omnibus.
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Hm, that's interesting. Thanks.

I'm surprised there was never an omnibus of claremont's run.
    It certainly pops up on a lot of wish lists on this thread. I know I'd buy a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    just came home with 17 lbs of omniboo, including Hickman's FF Volume 1, from B&N in my backpack (had them delivered to the office), checked the cart for price drops/rises, and cried a little, because Volume 2 wasn't there no more.
    Same thing happened with Cable and Deadpool like 2 weeks back. Cable and Deadpool came back a few days ago but went out of stock again when the BF coupon went online. Let's hope the same thing happens to F4 vol.2 in time for another coupon. I know B&N gives out a few 20-25 percent off ones in December.
    F4 vol.2 wasn't part any of my orders but I feel your grief because I tried to pair Cap Lives Omnibus and New X-men omnibus with similarly priced books but they went OOP there and everywhere else before I got the chance to. Ended up spending a little more than I budgeted for because of that.

Just placed my B&N order.

X-Men Claremont & Jim Lee Omnibus Volume 2
    Annihilation Omnibus
    Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus

The 30% discount code basically erased the shipping cost.

Now I just wait the 4-14 business days >.<

Amazing Member

yep for methe same - coupon are mostly for shipping cost - but still. Better than nothing

Sorry I know this has been asked before but how is BaN shipping? And does anyone have an extra code for me or is the 30% off just the Black Friday one?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

is the 30% off just the Black Friday one?
    Yep. That's correct.

Fantastic Member

Sorry I know this has been asked before but how is BaN shipping?
    i posted that today about my latest order in the packaging, shipping, etc. thread.

Quote Originally Posted by thiago.cido View Post
    Any extras in Thor??
    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    If you have the chance, could you post some pics pf the 75th anniversary omnibus?
    I haven't cracked either book. I will probably read thor again soon and open the OHC but I may return the marvel 75 omnibus. I haven't yet though so maybe I subconsciously want to keep it.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    The original Miller DD and Companion omnibuses are glued--and even worse than that they both suffer from a tacky recoloring job. Come on DD masterworks hurry up and get there! We need some authentic coloring!
    There's nobody that bows in greater respect to the Great Dr Greg than myself, but I would say that those early Marvel Glued Bindings are actually pretty good. They are quite flexible, the pages don't fall out, and because the pages have white borders there is no gutter loss. The only exception to this is New X-Men 1st edition. My copy is fine, but apparently it tends to fall apart on repeated readings.

He's right about the colouring for the DD Omnibus and companion though, they're not the same as the original issues. Having said that, I don't think they're that garish, and If I'd never read the originals then I wouldn't know the difference.

Just checked the companion against my Born Again 1987 TPB (which as I remember is the same as the original issues, sold long ago). The colours are basically the same, but everything is a bit softer/ more pastel in the original TPB. To be honest, it looks a bit better, less stark. But the colours are basically the same.

If you find a copy of the companion at a decent price, I recommend you pick it up. I'm not convinced it's going to get reprinted. I am certainly going to hang on to my copy.