Page 562 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 624625125525585595605615625635645655665726126621062 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 17378

Hey guys, what ground does the Claremont X-Men vol 2 cover? And what's the quality of the stories there?

Really appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 11-27-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Hey guys, what ground does the Claremont X-Men vol 2 cover? And what's the quality of the stories there?

Really appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.
    The end of clairmonts epic run and the downfall of comics as we know it. Just jokes

To be honest I can't remember when volume one ended and volume 2 began. But volume 2 definitely has the beginning of the x-men (sans uncanny) and that featured the introduction of omega red and a Longshot/mojo issue and maybe cyclops checking out psylocke (was that in x-cutioners song?) and the teams were split and that was fun except the blue team was way overrated cause everyone loved gambit at the time.

Frankly X-Men 1-(whatever it is) are pretty tame as far as story goes. Jim Lee art is great.

Unless you mean Uncanny X-Men volume 2, then get it. It's got lots of great milestone stuff. Giant sized. Phoenix. On and on.

EDIT: also getting those volumes mixed up. Volume 2 has days of future past which is in a zillion places and dark Phoenix, which is also everywhere. Intro of kitty.

Whoopsie. X-stuff becomes a blur after a while.
    Last edited by Canucked; 11-27-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Amazing Member

I'm so close to finishing my Marvel omnibus collection.

I only need to get:

The Stand Omnibus
    The Dark Tower Omnibus
    The Dark Tower Omnibus vol 2
    Fantastic Four by Hickman vol 2
    Deadpool&Cable

It doesn't mean I won't collect more Marvel omniboo, but I'll have reached a point where I feel comfortable with my collection and not disappointed about what it lacks. I think it will be refreshing because then I will be able to beef up my DC collection and much needed indie collection.

Quote Originally Posted by heatvision View Post

I only need to get:

The Stand Omnibus
    The Dark Tower Omnibus
    Deadpool&Cable

It doesn't mean I won't collect more Marvel omniboo, but I'll have reached a point where I feel comfortable with my collection and not disappointed about what it lacks. I think it will be refreshing because then I will be able to beef up my DC collection and much needed indie collection.
    Congrats. I've been buying all Marvel stuff so I snuck in an absolute batman just cause it was getting too much. Also for Spider-Man omnibi where does the Untold Tales omnibus fit into the reading order?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by heatvision View Post

I only need to get:

The Stand Omnibus
    The Dark Tower Omnibus
    Deadpool&Cable

I'm missing those exact same omnibus. After this year I'll have about 70 percent of my Marvel want list completed. Just need those and a few SA ones and some of the more recent books and I'll be done.
    It's been quite a chore collecting their books with their tendency to go OOP all. the damn. time. Happy I can finally start putting more money into purchases from other publishers.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 11-28-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Congrats. I've been buying all Marvel stuff so I snuck in an absolute batman just cause it was getting too much. Also for Spider-Man omnibi where does the Untold Tales omnibus fit into the reading order?
    At the start. There's actually a feature in the back of the book telling you which issues of Untold to read between which issues of Amazing. So you'd need ASM v.1 to get the most out of it in that sense. I've never done this, but it seems popular enough a practice on the boards.

Incredible Member

Can someone do me a favour? I can't seem to find Hickman F4 vol 2 on B&N, and I'm hoping it hasn't sold out.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Can someone do me a favour? I can't seem to find Hickman F4 vol 2 on B&N, and I'm hoping it hasn't sold out.
    I posted about them being out of stock on the Good Deals Thread. I emailed them, and this was their response:

"Also, upon checking on our website and our inventory, we regret to inform you that this particular book "Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Volume 2" is no longer available through BN.com.

Or, there is a possibility that the item had disappeared to your cart because this is no longer available. on our website.

We would like to inform you that product availability is based on inventory that can change at any time, based on demand for the product. We are sorry for that you were unable to avail this promotion."

Are they selling out everywhere or just B&N?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Are they selling out everywhere or just B&N?
    IST still says they have it.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I haven't cracked either book. I will probably read thor again soon and open the OHC but I may return the marvel 75 omnibus. I haven't yet though so maybe I subconsciously want to keep it.
    Thanks! When you read Thor, come back and give us your thoughts on the edition.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thiago.cido View Post
    Thanks! When you read Thor, come back and give us your thoughts on the edition.
    Me and a lot of other guys already gave our feedback if you're interested. Everybody thinks it's awesome-sauce
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Just FYI to anyone looking for the Death of Captain America omni - I've got a mostly sealed copy I'm wanting to trade. Check out the details in the (woefully underused) CBR book trading thread here:

http://community.comicbookresources....962#post741962

If I don't get any takers in the next couple days I'll probably just post it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Me and a lot of other guys already gave our feedback if you're interested. Everybody thinks it's awesome-sauce
    Agreed.
    (10 char)

If I buy Untold Tales of Spider-Man and the Stern and michelinie omnibi should I read the Untold first?