Page 569 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 694695195595655665675685695705715725735796196691069 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 17378
    Fantastic Member

just found this on amazon.ca, it's by titan books:

The DC/Marvel Crossover Classics Omnibus: v. 1 Hardcover – Dec 21 2015
    http://www.amazon.ca/DC-Marvel-Cross...ywords=omnibus

also:

Fantastic Four by Matt Fraction Omnibus Hardcover – Feb 17 2015
    http://www.amazon.ca/Fantastic-Four-...eywords=omnibu

X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught Omnibus Hardcover – Jul 14 2015
    http://www.amazon.ca/X-Men-Avengers-...ywords=omnibus

zero interest in either of them, though
    Last edited by krylox; 12-01-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post

Awesome. I had never believed that we will get an Omnibus with this content. I hope they will also reprint the second Spider-Man/Superman Crossover, never saw this in the wild before.
    (Shit, I spent a ton of money of Avengers/JLA just a couple of weeks ago... -,-)

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For those of you who own and/or have read the Evolutionary War Omnibus, what are your thoughts? I know this was probably covered some time back on the (previous?) thread, but any comments would be appreciated.

I’m able to purchase it for ~$28. Now I know that’s nothing amazing for those of you in the US, but in Europe, I would say that’s pretty decent.
    Agree with other comments that some of the Annuals as single issues are okay, there's some clunkers in there for sure.
    The best part, to me, was that they took the "history of the High Evolutionary" (or whatever they called it) little bits that were at the back of every Annual in this event, and put them back-to-back in the omnibus. So it reads like one large High Evolutionary story, which I thought was really good. Best part of the whole omnibus, IMO. Although some of it has since been retconned, I believe, if that sort of thing bothers you or not - I think specifically around Spider-Woman's origin.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Hasn't that Marvel/DC hardcover been on there forever?
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    It's a bit jumbled and hit or miss. It's one of Marvel's early events that was spread across most of their annuals, best compared to Atlantis Attacks. Much like AA I find Evolutionary War to be good through nostalgia goggles but without them I imagine it would fare poorly. It's certainly nothing that I would ever consider a 'classic'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post

Some of the annuals read like good single issues. The Punisher annual is good, so is the Uncanny X-Men annual. There are others. If my memory is correct, it was a summer event. The first two months were alright but the end of it is nothing great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Agree with other comments that some of the Annuals as single issues are okay, there's some clunkers in there for sure.
    The best part, to me, was that they took the "history of the High Evolutionary" (or whatever they called it) little bits that were at the back of every Annual in this event, and put them back-to-back in the omnibus. So it reads like one large High Evolutionary story, which I thought was really good. Best part of the whole omnibus, IMO. Although some of it has since been retconned, I believe, if that sort of thing bothers you or not - I think specifically around Spider-Woman's origin.
    Thanks guys for the replies. Something to mull over.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For those of you who own and/or have read the Evolutionary War Omnibus, what are your thoughts? I know this was probably covered some time back on the (previous?) thread, but any comments would be appreciated.

I’m able to purchase it for ~$28. Now I know that’s nothing amazing for those of you in the US, but in Europe, I would say that’s pretty decent.

Naw that's still too expensive for that book, even by US standards. It was - imo - a very forgettable read.

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post

also:

Fantastic Four by Matt Fraction Omnibus Hardcover – Feb 17 2015
    http://www.amazon.ca/Fantastic-Four-...eywords=omnibu

X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught Omnibus Hardcover – Jul 14 2015
    http://www.amazon.ca/X-Men-Avengers-...ywords=omnibus

zero interest in either of them, though
    Having wrapped up Hickman's FF, I will probably pick up the Fraction book even though I've heard mixed reviews about it. I certainly have interest in Onslaught and while the DC/Marvel crossover sounds like a good idea to me, I think that's just nostalgia talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Hasn't that Marvel/DC hardcover been on there forever?
    Yep.

Such an ugly cover, too.

Damn my order that I placed Wednesday from IST still hasnt shipped. Has anyone had a long wait time from them yet?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Also for $190 this guy wants to sell me the OHC of Civil War including the main title, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Frontline, Spider-Man, The Underside, and X-Men. Should I take this?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Also for $190 this guy wants to sell me the OHC of Civil War including the main title, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Frontline, Spider-Man, The Underside, and X-Men. Should I take this?
    Less than $30 a book, including the impossible-to-find Spider-man? YES. Do not delay.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post

You really have to watch what you say in these forums now, the wrong political opinion gets you banned in other sub forums, no warning (looks like that's what happened to Hermit). Shame really. This used to be an open and welcoming place. Hopefully Hermit will be back soon, he's a genuinely good guy and a valued poster here. It would be a shame to lose him.

That's actually incorrect, he had a previous warning and you can't see his posts that got him banned because they were deleted(along with a lot of other inflammatory/stupid posts) from that thread.

CBR is an open and welcoming place, but it now has a firm "no dickheads" policy and a lot less warnings before the ban hammer gets used since the reboot.

/offtopic

I'm currently working on updating my Spider-Man by Dan Slott collection from paperback to hardcover, starting with Big Time. I have two questions for anyone who has read it and/or has these volumes:

• Are Spider-Island and Ends of the Earth available in standard, non-oversized hardcovers? I don't expect them to, but want to be sure...
    • Is the Spider-Island Companion any good? This one wasn't released in paperback as far as I know, so I didn't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Damn my order that I placed Wednesday from IST still hasnt shipped. Has anyone had a long wait time from them yet?
    I placed an order two days before that on Monday and it shipped the next day Tuesday. Absolutely email them. Never hesitate to do so after a few days have passed. What exactly did you order if I may ask and what is the current status of each book? Listed as still in stock on the site?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I placed an order two days before that on Monday and it shipped the next day Tuesday. Absolutely email them. Never hesitate to do so after a few days have passed. What exactly did you order if I may ask and what is the current status of each book? Listed as still in stock on the site?
    A few new 52 batman trades, absolute Hush and 3 marvel omnibi which are all still in Stock. Thanks I'll email them. Also is there a list of OHC relating to civil war? Couldn't find one with my usual methods.