Page 59 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263691091595591059 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just ordered Infinity Companion OHC and Captain America Lives Omnibus thru flubit.co.uk.

That's 8 Omnibuses and 4 OHCs this month, and still counting. The missus is going to skin me alive

Aren't hobbies supposed to be expensive, well some anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    I would guess the odds would be bad. It seems they are printing less of these books, which doesn't lend itself to a fire sale.
    Good point, thanks. Although you never know... Maybe by late summer/fall we'll get lucky with a surprise batch of big discounted Omnibuses again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I'll be ordering myself the MacFarline Spider-Man omnibus from Amazons Marketplace on Friday and be crossing my fingers. The Punisher Omnibus will have to wait till the following pay day. Hope it lasts that long!
    FYI (it's been bugging me for months on Omnibus' list) it's McFarlane
    Speaking of we need to make Omnibus the OP/OT.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Here's a broad question for you, my fellow collectors:

When will you be satisfied?

I know, it's a bit open ended. Here are some sample responses:

"Never - I'll always want more books!"
    "I'm just keeping up with XYZ format, and will keep buying those until the quality/content/price changes drastically."
    "When I have a complete run of XYZ series/character/creator in ABC format."
    "When I have XYZ years of comics I read/always-wanted-to-read collected."
    "When XYZ shelf/rooms/houses are filled."

et cetera

I'll wait to see a few responses before sharing my thoughts.
    For me it will be when all of Spiderman (and possibly X-Men) has been collected in glorious OHC.
    I've never read any of it so I'm going through it as I go but I'm sticking to OHC so as to not go overboard and it kills me that there's such a gap between ASM2 and Stern with so many important, key, evergreen moment in the middle. I want ASM3 (which even then wouldn't get to Gwen Stacy) so ASM4 also, I'd love a black costume omnibus, I want a Carnage and Big Time OHC..... And I need to get the Back in Blacks and Civil War OHC.

For X-Men they're pretty good at filling it up (at least till the mid 90s) and I'm glad they're plugging some holes with the 'prologue' type books but we really need on Onslaught Omni.
    In what's already out I need to get House of M OHC and I'm sure a few others I'm forgetting

Then in the OOP ones I'd like to get there's Silver Surfer, Wolverine, DD Companion/Bendis/Bru
    And of course Spidey is my main btu I keep getting lured into new things so I want to get into cosmic marvel and hope for more Annihiliation Omnis and also GotG.

I guess it never truly ends but if all of Spidey got done I'd be 'statisified'

"This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Captain America Lives Omnibus is still in stock on amazon.co.uk, Barnes & Noble and Cheap-Comics and can be picked up at reasonable prices on the amazon marketplace, so shouldn't this still be classed as Almost OOP?
    I use the American Amazon site to go by since I cannot go through all the countries Amazon sites.

Since B&N does have it in stock I will pull back from OOP list and have B&N listed. Thanks for the heads up.

Just a note also that once CGN goes over cover price on a title I do not count them as having it in stock. I consider that OOP pricing then. For example Iron Man Omnibus by Layton or X-Men Age of Apocalypse

Amazing Member

In a weeks time I'm off to Krakow for a few days.
    Always like to check out a local comic store if possible.

Any of the Polish collective recommend a place to have a look?

All-New Member

I know hos everyone's been saying never to buy anything less than "Like New" from amazon marketplace. When I saw an Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus listed at "very good" for £36+shipping I took the chance and ordered.

Today I received my copy and it was still sealed. Brand new! And the packaging was perfect. No dented corners. Just thought I'd share!IMG_20140515_165440.jpg

Storefront was plumcircle books USA.
    Last edited by Dadis; 05-15-2014 at 12:32 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I wonder when Thor god of thunder OHC and Cable & Deadpool Omnibus finally show up to pre-order... I really want those 2
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Got my Powers Definitive 1-3 today. CGN packaging is nothing short of phenomenal. The paper is really thin and it's not overly glossly. Some may hate that, but I actually like the touch and feel. It makes it easier to turn the pages as well. We'll see how they hold up. The covers have a nice red and black contrast, which gives it a unique look.
    Don't worry about it. I've got my Defenitive volumes for two years and they hold up very, very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Balltic05 View Post
    In a weeks time I'm off to Krakow for a few days.
    Always like to check out a local comic store if possible.

Any of the Polish collective recommend a place to have a look?
    www.atomcomics.pl is one of the 2 Polish comic web stores I use and they are based in Krakow. They are not a LCS per se but I believe you can visit them to pick up your orders. I've never visited them but the store is run by two brothers and they are extremely friendly and helpful. With regards to floppies they are slightly more expensive than www.multiversum.pl but offer a much better service. I've only once received a damaged floppy from them and they immediately gave me a refund and allowed me to keep the floppy. When I had a similar situation with Multiversum, they told me to send it back and couldn't guarantee me a replacement.

With regards to Omnibuses and OHCS and other trades, Multiversum has a larger selection as they've been running much longer and from time to time have special discounts.

With regards to OOP Omnibuses, I do know atomcomics.pl has the SA Captain America Vol. 1 and both Age of Apocalypse Omnibus covers. At present, they're selling them at cover price. Also, you need to order in advance, as the Omnibuses are not stored with them. I did manage to purchase Daredevil Brubaker Omnibus Vol. 2 for just under cover price from them.

Anyway, you can get their contact details from here whereas their location in Krakow is: ul. Gustawa Herlinga-Grudzińskiego 1, 30-705 Krakow.

Btw, if you have a free day I recommend you visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine or Auschwitz (Oswiecim), although the latter can be quite depressing but absolutely worthwhile visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Here's a broad question for you, my fellow collectors:

When will you be satisfied?

I know, it's a bit open ended. Here are some sample responses:

"Never - I'll always want more books!"
    "I'm just keeping up with XYZ format, and will keep buying those until the quality/content/price changes drastically."
    "When I have a complete run of XYZ series/character/creator in ABC format."
    "When I have XYZ years of comics I read/always-wanted-to-read collected."
    "When XYZ shelf/rooms/houses are filled."

et cetera

I'll wait to see a few responses before sharing my thoughts.
    When I get to the point where all my books form a cohesive story between them. Since it's a shared universe, most of the books build on what came before, so having a collection that can be understood by itself, with all of my favorite creators and characters, that's the real goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    FYI (it's been bugging me for months on Omnibus' list) it's McFarlane
    Speaking of we need to make Omnibus the OP/OT.
    I'll go one step further and say that it should read Amazing Spider-Man Michelinie McFarlane

In the 90s, it was popular to give the so-called "A" list artists top billing, such as Todd McFarlane, but it was David Michelinie that wrote a good Spidey story and not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    I use the American Amazon site to go by since I cannot go through all the countries Amazon sites.

Since B&N does have it in stock I will pull back from OOP list and have B&N listed. Thanks for the heads up.

Just a note also that once CGN goes over cover price on a title I do not count them as having it in stock. I consider that OOP pricing then. For example Iron Man Omnibus by Layton or X-Men Age of Apocalypse
    No worries mate.

Btw, thanks for putting this list together and keeping it updated. Much appreciated

BANNED

Dadis, did you use amazon.co.uk?

Spectacular Member

FINALLY got my Uncanny X-Force Omnibus. Ordered it from the US and was expecting it to turn up in pieces, but nope! It was packaged terribly and there's some slight creasing/damage on the spine, but nothing compared to the mangled one I had to send back to a different seller. I know what I'm going to be reading next

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dadis View Post
    I know hos everyone's been saying never to buy anything less than "Like New" from amazon marketplace. When I saw an Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus listed at "very good" for £36+shipping I took the chance and ordered.

Today I received my copy and it was still sealed. Brand new! And the packaging was perfect. No dented corners. Just thought I'd share!IMG_20140515_165440.jpg

Storefront was plumcircle books USA.
    £36 for The Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus. That's insane!

You must be well chuffed.

Just goes to show it's worth branching out and trying marketplace sellers.

Also, if you're unsure about a book's condition, just email them and ask for a description. The worst they can do is not respond.

I finally ordered some books from books_any recently who consistently have the lowest prices on amazon marketplace uk. They took 3 weeks to arrive but when they did they were fine and reasonably well packed (Spider-Man the Next Chapter Vols 1 and 2).

Next time I'll try ordering an omnibus.