Page 590 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 904905405805865875885895905915925935946006406901090 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 17378

If Loebs hulk is anything like long Halloween or dark victory I'll love it. Even if it's like Hush I'll like it lol.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    If Loebs hulk is anything like long Halloween or dark victory I'll love it. Even if it's like Hush I'll like it lol.
    Then expect the worst.
    Miller was right.

Actually, you should ignore the previous suggestions so far - no disrespect to my buds on the board here - and go track down all the Peter David stuff that has been collected so far, whether it's in tpb or single issues or whatever. 'Cause everything eventually goes back to Peter David's run. And besides, it's waaaay better than Pak, Loeb, Duncan, etc. Not saying their stuff isn't good. But it's not Peter David.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Actually, you should ignore the previous suggestions so far - no disrespect to my buds on the board here - and go track down all the Peter David stuff that has been collected so far, whether it's in tpb or single issues or whatever. 'Cause everything eventually goes back to Peter David's run. And besides, it's waaaay better than Pak, Loeb, Duncan, etc. Not saying their stuff isn't good. But it's not Peter David.
    This. I've read David's run up to 378 (the entire Grey Hulk saga) and it's spectacular, despite some awful Todd McFarlane art and some spotty Jeff Purves stuff.
    Miller was right.

God damn so many different things about hulk lol. I'm just gonna finish every omnibus I've bought this year then get started on a new project.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    This. I've read David's run up to 378 (the entire Grey Hulk saga) and it's spectacular, despite some awful Todd McFarlane art and some spotty Jeff Purves stuff.
    You can say that again!

God damn so many different things about hulk lol.
    How about one more? Loeb's run isn't great, but when Jeff Parker takes over Red Hulk after him (#25-57, 30.1, Red She-Hulk #58-67) it's pretty damn good.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Well, let's throw one more in: Bill Mantlo. His three Hulk proto-Epics (Pardoned, Regression and Crossroads) are lots of fun.

Ok guys I give up. I'll save this page and come back in a few months.

Weird thing about Loeb. He's good to great with DC characters, but okay to terrible with Marvel. I own and love all of his Absolute books, but his Marvel work can be downright horrible. Assuming you'll like his Marvel work really isn't a safe assumption. If you enjoy Loeb and Sale, try the OHC "Yellow, Blue, and Gray". It collects the three mini series they did for Marvel.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Peter David is the best Hulk writer by far but if I remember correctly Legion likes more recent stuff. And it's not collected very well.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I've been thinking about getting this, but I've got the typical hesitation associated with Golden Age material. I have every other Cap Omni (which is probably why my completionist-saturated brain wants this one) and I've enjoyed them all, but I haven't been able to find any online reviews of the GA Cap Omni. What do you think of the stories and art in the book? Worth getting?
    I guess it depends on what you like. The stories are dated, that's for sure. But I am a guy who liked books like Atlantis Attacks, Evolutionary War and watches DVDs like the Complete Captain America Animated Series from 1966 and has fun while watching it. I am able to appreciate the stories from that era, because I read them differently and in the context they were written. So that's a short explanation of the background I am coming from and of what I like reading. That said, I find the CAP ones entertaining and the artwork and remastering really great. I find it much much better to read than the early Batman stories for instance, which try to be a detective story but lack the suspense which should come with it. CAP is different. That said, expect no character development or great story arcs like in the Brubaker ones. These are just simple stories. However, if you are a completionist like me, then there is really no choice: get it.
    As for the reviews online: try for amazon, goodreads or the materworks forum to get further opinions on that.
    Last edited by Suriel; 12-11-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Well, let's throw one more in: Bill Mantlo. His three Hulk proto-Epics (Pardoned, Regression and Crossroads) are lots of fun.
    I wish we could get earlier Mantlo Hulk collected!

Fantastic Member

I suspect that it will suck.
    It would be nice instead if Marvel would collect Miles Morales Spider-Man in omni or OHC at least.
    http://www.amazon.com/Miles-Morales-.../dp/0785197788

It's paperback.