Page 599 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 994995495895955965975985996006016026036096496991099 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I liked the story, and I am a fan of John Romita Jr.'s art, but I was able to get through both volumes within about 1 hour and a half, maybe 2 hours at a maximum. I would argue that kids don't really read these sorts of comics, although maybe there are some voices that disagree. I mean I would read adult-orientated Doctor Who novels as a kid, so who knows? Marvel's main series carries the most authenticity compared to a tie-in comic to a Disney XD show. But I see these as mostly the realm of teen fans (which I am) and adults who either grew up with it or got into it more recently.
    I thought the first half of the dimension Z was pretty great. Even JRJR who I can't stand was serviceable and didn't ruin it for me. The second half - and especially the conclusion - is where I thought it went off the rails. And by quite a bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I felt like the fourth Cap PHC with Dr. Mindbubble was solid, but that could have been because Remender was effectively back in his UXF storyteller mode there. Also, it was moving towards his thrust of Falcon stories, which clearly he's very invested in.
    I liked everything about the 4th PHC except the art in the last few issues. It was the messiest, ugliest stuff I've seen in a long while.

Looks like I'm just picking up the Annihilation omnibus in March. Slim pickings.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Did the Annihilation Omnibus get brought forward? I thought it wasn't coming out til like june?

BANNED

Disappointed no new X-Men stuff in the solicits

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Annihilation Conquest Omnibus Cover:

Excellent cover.

Star Wars: Episode IV - A new Hope OGC Cover:

Personally, I'm not too keen on it.

Deadpool OHC Vol. 2 OHC:

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Excellent cover.
    Holy crap. That is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Holy crap. That is beautiful.
    Yeah, that's a great looking cover!

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    i know, it's not news, but 25$ for a standard-sized, 5-issue container, hardcover or not, is just crazy. not even talking about the mediocre, thin paper. i guess it's not even one hour of reading that goes into that, so who the hell, except for super-hardcore fans, are they targeting with those editions?
    PHCs are frankly atrocious quality. I used to collect them but stopped after a few marvel now editions. They suffer from this wierd paper warping that the Marvel now TPBs don't get. They also have a huge gutter loss and the dust-jacket-less style that isn't great. The price is a huge issue considering there are some that are four or five issues. They look awful on the shelf. I think the now style of collections works better for OHC and TPB formats.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Excellent cover.
    Agreed. Love it.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Looks like I'm just picking up the Annihilation omnibus in March. Slim pickings.
    Yeah, it's just Superior Spider-man vol 3 and Deadpool vol 2 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Yeah, it's just Superior Spider-man vol 3 and Deadpool vol 2 for me.
    I'm kind of glad actually. Over on the DC board, I'm getting only The Dial H for Hero Deluxe.
    My wallet needs time to recover.

All-New Member

Hey, just wondering, I just bought the Infinity Companion Hardcover which is like 600 pages and wondering if it has all of the main story in it or just tie in's only. I thought I'd treat myself to the big book but now wondering and want to make sure I'm not missing out on the main story from the original Hardcover and that the companion does infact cover the story?

Help would be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Nate2592 View Post
    Hey, just wondering, I just bought the Infinity Companion Hardcover which is like 600 pages and wondering if it has all of the main story in it or just tie in's only. I thought I'd treat myself to the big book but now wondering and want to make sure I'm not missing out on the main story from the original Hardcover and that the companion does infact cover the story?

Help would be much appreciated
    The companion contains ONLY the tie-ins. The main series and the Avengers/New Avengers issues are only in the main Infinity book.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate2592 View Post
    Ah crap, I'll make sure to read them aswell then but yeah cheers dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    The companion contains ONLY the tie-ins. The main series and the Avengers/New Avengers issues are only in the main Infinity book.
    Ah crap, I'll make sure to read them aswell then but yeah cheers dude!