Page 6 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast

Since there are new forums and an air of starting over, I suggest we try for a collected editions forum.

How nice would it be to have a Marvel omnibus thread or just a DC absolutes thread, all in the same forum? Or maybe, somewhere close to talk about those nice Dark Horse library editions.

I think now is as good a chance to ask. I have already sent an e-mail to community@comicbookresources.com in hopes that they know that there are a lot of us who want this. I think everyone who posts in one of these threads should do it.

I return you to your current topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    Hello. I've been a reader of this forum for awhile, but this is the first time posting. I have been thinking the same thing with regards to onslaught. I'm trying to catch up on the OHCs involving 90s xmen as that's when I got into comics and noticed there was no OHC onslaught collection yet.

Also, I agree with keeping the collected editions thread. As one other poster mentioned, it's sad not seeing "omnibus" in the title, but ultimately this is a better fit than having two threads.

This is everyone's first time posting now lol. Figured this thread would get started back up with the quickness. Maybe it can get stickied this time around? Is the general thread up yet?

Since there are new forums and an air of starting over, I suggest we try for a collected editions forum.

How nice would it be to have a Marvel omnibus thread or just a DC absolutes thread, all in the same forum? Or maybe, somewhere close to talk about those nice Dark Horse library editions.

I think now is as good a chance to ask. I have already sent an e-mail to community@comicbookresources.com in hopes that they know that there are a lot of us who want this. I think everyone who posts in one of these threads should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Don't two negatives make a positive?
    In theory, but not always in practice. Marvel has recently been testing that theory by using both crappy paper and crappy paper cover material on its omnibus line , but that has yet to make a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Maybe the whining and complaining will negate each other and your posts will end up gushing with praise?!?!
    In theory that might work, but I point your attention upwards to see the theory in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post

That's what the general hardcover/collected edition discussion thread was for, when they weren't using it to just gush over European comics.

So, I saw an Avengers The Crossing Omnibus on ebay for $35 with free shipping. Is it worth that?

OOP list updated on front page. Thanks to Omnibus for all the work he does on that.

I sent an email asking for a collected edition forum. Really hope we get one.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    That's what the general hardcover/collected edition discussion thread was for, when they weren't using it to just gush over European comics.
    and what's wrong with gushing over european comics?

on a marvel hardcover topic, i've been reading uncanny x-men vol 2 omnibus and have been enjoying it. it seems to me that byrne's art gets better with every issue. i like the plot of the stories and find them interesting, especially the dark phoenix issues, but i'm not a huge fan of claremont's scripts. the dialogue isn't bad, just too many word boxes.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Oh, yes! Or the lack thereof in the UXM Omnibus vol 2. :-(

With the old forum heading for the garbage bin, what will future generations of omnibus buyers do to get real, honest opinions of omnibus quality? We had literally tens of thousands of posts in those old threads. A wealth of knowledge to be sure! How will future generations know the timeline of how the omnibus line went to hell? It was all documented in those old threads! What if some poor ignorant fool runs across an Avengers The Crossing Omnibus on Ebay and wonders if its any good? It was all documented there.
    Oh the horror! The Horror! All those moments will be lost in time... Like tears in the rain...
    Last edited by Mobe1969; 04-30-2014 at 07:37 PM.

I struggle with Uncanny. Part of me feels like it's all done now that we have gotten past Byrne. Part of me wants them to keep making omni till the mutant massacre ohc. I really enjoyed some comics after Byrne left, and yet if Uncanny vol 2 is as far as they go I'm ok with it. I don't think the title was ever that good again. Even as a kid I stopped reading new uncanny in favor of Classic X-Men, then stopped those shortly after Byrne's run ended.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    and what's wrong with gushing over european comics?
    Nothing, just not my bag. Some of it's neat and all, I just envisioned the thread to be more of a catch-all discussion thread (which it is) but yeah, I dunno lost my train of thought.

So um, are we having two threads now? Thought the consensus was to use the more general collected editions thread with the proper subject title? Or is there going to be an extra thread we need to keep track of?

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

You know, I just got settled in, was looking forward to losing my New Member status... and then this?

Where is my stupid gauntlet avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I struggle with Uncanny. Part of me feels like it's all done now that we have gotten past Byrne. Part of me wants them to keep making omni till the mutant massacre ohc. I really enjoyed some comics after Byrne left, and yet if Uncanny vol 2 is as far as they go I'm ok with it. I don't think the title was ever that good again. Even as a kid I stopped reading new uncanny in favor of Classic X-Men, then stopped those shortly after Byrne's run ended.
    I'm about to wrap up the first omnibus, and will begin the second when my comic order arrives in the next week. I feel like if Marvel released a third volume I'd probably go ahead and get it, but there would be a point where I would stop. I'm just not sure what it is yet. (Maybe around UXM 200ish)