Page 603 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1035035535935996006016026036046056066076136537031103 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Ugh! Louise Simonson right? I feel your pain! She knew how to ruin a New Mutants story, too.
    I'm sure I'm alone in this, but Dr. Animus freaked me out. And I don't mean, "freaked me out as a child." I read FOTM for the first time this year, at age 34. He reminded me of the villain in Pinocchio that turned kids into donkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I'm sure I'm alone in this, but Dr. Animus freaked me out. And I don't mean, "freaked me out as a child." I read FOTM for the first time this year, at age 34. He reminded me of the villain in Pinocchio that turned kids into donkeys.
    I must have unconsciously buried the memory of Dr. Animus, because when I think of Weezie's run I get night terrors of Bird Brain--the most horror invoking character idea pre-Liefeld.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Just Uncanny Avengers, Busiek's Avengers, Annihilation: Conquest and maybe Fractions F4 and maybe Onslaught from next years books. Looks like I can continue plodding along buying older books on my buy-list for the next 12 months without it piling up too much.
    If you're referring to the list published a page back, that wasn't the complete list for the next 12 months. I think it covered about the first half. Plus it didn't include some of the great OHCs that are coming out, too!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Yeah, I just did the Marvel Omnis, no OHC's in that list I put up last page.
    I'm curious what the last half of 2015 will look like??
    Hoping for some surprises like maybe a Darkhawk Omni, or 90's Deathlok(if he shows back up in AoS on TV).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Hoping for some surprises like maybe a Darkhawk Omni, or 90's Deathlok(if he shows back up in AoS on TV).
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Darkhawk and Deathlok were some of the comics I followed as a wee lad. I would love to reread those stories.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

I'm hoping for more reprints. Would absolutely buy Punisher by Ennis, Daredevil Companion, Captain Britain by ORIGINAL WRITER, Ultimates and Silver Surfer reprints.
    As for surprise/fringe omni, I would like Thunderbolts by Busiek and She-Hulk by John Byrne.

Incredible Member

I can't wait to see what other Marvel Now ohc's they release. I am in love with this line of hardcovers and would personally like to see Moon knight, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, and Secret Avengers receive this treatment.

That being said, I will take a peak of any series that marvel decides to release in this format. The binding and overall construction of these books seem to blow any recent Marvel Omnibus out of the water.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I can't wait to see what other Marvel Now ohc's they release. I am in love with this line of hardcovers and would personally like to see Moon knight, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, and Secret Avengers receive this treatment.

That being said, I will take a peak of any series that marvel decides to release in this format. The binding and overall construction of these books seem to blow any recent Marvel Omnibus out of the water.
    I'm pretty sure the Hawkeye OHC paper is thinner than any omnibus I own...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    I don't own that one so I suppose I took a leap with my statement.

I'll just reinforce that I'm very happy with my Waid Daredevil, Superior Spider-Man, and Thor OHC's, while being disappointed with the recent omnibus releases.
    Wasn't the Hawkeye OHC the first of the Marvel Now OHC releases? That may have something to do with it.
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 12-17-2014 at 09:06 PM.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post

It's the opposite for me. It's not that the new OHCs are all that bad, but they don't have the heft and grandness of - say - the X-Men or Busiek and Bendis Avengers OHCs from the past 5ish years. Yes, the art is bigger, but I'm just not feeling the need to spend more money for the upgrade like I did back then.

By contrast, I picked up my first Image deluxe with Fatale and am obsessed with the experience of holding it. I'm on the fence on if I need Saga's OHC, but I'll definitely have Lazarus in my next order, and am now considering Manhattan Projects.
    Last edited by krisis; 12-17-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Just compared hawkeye and miracleman book 1 to my new uncanny xmen vol. 1 omnibus that I got yesterday. The paper seems identical. The miracleman paper might be slightly thinner but I really think it's the same paper stock. . In all cases the paper was much thinner than recent paperbacks released by marvel and DC (Stephen king's N tpb has much thicker paper, for example)

So I have the new avengers omnibus and since there still a part 2 solicited what OHC do I need to finish the story? Also IST says their distributor still has the Zomnibus so you don't have to worry about buying it now.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    It's the opposite for me. It's not that the new OHCs are all that bad, but they don't have the heft and grandness of - say - the X-Men or Busiek and Bendis Avengers OHCs from the past 5ish years. Yes, the art is bigger, but I'm just not feeling the need to spend more money for the upgrade like I did back then.

By contrast, I picked up my first Image deluxe with Fatale and am obsessed with the experience of holding it. I'm on the fence on if I need Saga's OHC, but I'll definitely have Lazarus in my next order, and am now considering Manhattan Projects.
    Some of the omnibus they have released around the period of New Avengers may outclass the recent OHC releases.
    However, I've found my recent purchases from the Omnibus line, such as Uncanny X-Force, New X-Men (second printing), and Roger Stern Spider-Man to have the same thin paper, as well as bindings detached upon unwrapping. The sheer size of it doesn't help.

For the OHC's, it's worth mentioning the beautiful art printed on the book cover underneath the dust jacket, but I also praise the omnibus for the convenience of having a full story or comic run in one single book - as long as it doesn't fall apart.
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 12-17-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Based on the Amazon release date I've put this lists together for Marvel Omni. Sound right, any additions or clarifications on street date(cause Amazon is usually 2 weeks behind).

01/27/2015 - Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus (Amazon release date)
    02/17/2015 - Uncanny Avengers Omnibus by Rick Remender (Amazon release date)
    02/17/2015 - Fantastic Four by Matt Fraction Omnibus (Amazon release date)
    03/17/2015 - Avengers by Kurt Busiek & George Perez Omnibus Volume 1 (Amazon Release date)
    03/24/2015 - The Avengers Omnibus Volume 2 by Stan Lee, Roy Thomas et al. (Amazon release date)
    04/14/2015 - Hawkeye by Matt Fraction & David Aja Omnibus (Amazon release date)
    05/05/2015 – Fantastic Four Omnibus vol.3[Stan Lee/Kirby?] (Amazon release date)
    05/15/2015 – Captain America: Return of the Winter Soldier Omnibus (Amazon release date)
    05/19/2015 - Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus vol.2 (Amazon release date)
    06/16/2015 – Annihilation: Conquest (Amazon release date)
    07/14/2015 – X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught Omnibus (Amazon release date)
    Unknown - Fantastic Four v3 by Stan Lee & Jack Kirby Omnibus
    This is good I'll throw it up on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post

I've been rereading my Ultimate X-men OSHCs and I find myself thinking that I've accidentally turned two pages instead of one because the pages are thicker than what I've gotten used to. I like the white dress of the new OSHCs, but their overall quality doesn't compare to what it once was.

The Saga OSHC and Manhattan Projects OSHC are both great, which I'm sure you and everyone else knows if they've seen pics.