Page 642 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1425425926326386396406416426436446456466526927421142 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 17378
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danelway View Post
    I'm not all that familiar with the Vertigo line, I prefer straight up super hero stuff, so it may have had better writing.
    I'd still buy a clone saga omnibus, volume 1& 2 I'd guess, maybe a Thunderbolts one as well.
    Didn't get AoA, but will be getting Onslaught, to each his own.
    Late 80s and 90s Dc is one of my favorite era of books. Spectre, Hawkworld, JLA, Starman, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Waid's Flash, David's Aquaman, Grell's Green Arrow, Hitman and quite a lot more. And I'm not even mentioning Vertigo (90's Vertigo is probably one of the best era a publisher ever had quality-wise)
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 01-11-2015 at 09:42 AM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to leave you hanging there. Descriptors of Marvel in the 1990s:
    Nadir
    Armpit
    Rock Bottom
    All-time low
    Feculent
    Uncool
    Fetid
    The Crossing
    Unpalatable

Are just a few adjectives that come to mind.
    Thanks for a adjectives. But the 90's did bring some gems as well such as Busiek/Ross' Marvels, Smith/Quesada's Daredevil, and the Thunderbolts. It's all a matter of opinion though and while the Onslaught saga wasn't ground breaking, I found it to be a fun story.

I'm not all that familiar with the Vertigo line, I prefer straight up super hero stuff, so it may have had better writing.
    I'd still buy a clone saga omnibus, volume 1& 2 I'd guess, maybe a Thunderbolts one as well.
    Didn't get AoA, but will be getting Onslaught, to each his own.
    Hopefully if the Busiek/Perez Avengers Omnibus does well, Marvel will collect Busiek's Thunderbolts as well. That would be a day 1 purchase for me.

And Untold Tales of Spider-Man. Busiek saved a lot of the 90s for me.

Looks like desparation.
    I think desperation would be a Heroes Reborn omnibus.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Sorry, didn't mean to leave you hanging there. Descriptors of Marvel in the 1990s:
    Nadir
    Armpit
    Rock Bottom
    All-time low
    Feculent
    Uncool
    Fetid
    The Crossing
    Unpalatable

Are just a few adjectives that come to mind.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Thanks for a adjectives. But the 90's did bring some gems as well such as Busiek/Ross' Marvels, Smith/Quesada's Daredevil, and the Thunderbolts. It's all a matter of opinion though and while the Onslaught saga wasn't ground breaking, I found it to be a fun story.

Hopefully if the Busiek/Perez Avengers Omnibus does well, Marvel will collect Busiek's Thunderbolts as well. That would be a day 1 purchase for me.
    It's mostly early 90's and mid 90's that's bad. Almost all the good ones are from 1997 onwards.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    And how the Clone Saga went on like a year longer than it was supposed to. I think Knightfall was the only thing like that that actually wound up being shorter than originally planned.
    New Krypton got cut off early.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

It was still better than what Image & DC were putting out at the time, there were a few gems in there.
    90's DC is the suit, man. I love the 90's legacy heroes. And who doesn't love Barbarian Aquaman.
    Cyclops was right

I think Onslaught is a perfect representation of Marvel Comics in the 1990s. Hence, my dislike of it.
    Clone Sage, too!

It was still better than what Image & DC were putting out at the time, there were a few gems in there.
    with all due respect, you're out of your mind. DC had some incredible stuff. And that doesn't even count Vertigo. But, yes, Image sucked for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    And Untold Tales of Spider-Man. Busiek saved a lot of the 90s for me.
    The thing about the 90s for Marvel is that it was very, very, very, very freakin' horrible. But there are a lot of 90s gems. This being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's mostly early 90's and mid 90's that's bad. Almost all the good ones are from 1997 onwards.
    I think - at least to me - I can pin point the 90s turn around and it was when JMS took over ASM, when Marvel Cancelled John Byrne's abortion of a Spider-Man reboot, and Quesada was given Marvel Knights and the publisher (can't remember his name but he's no longer there) came on board. It got even better when Quesada took the reins. Say what you want about him know ("One More Day"), the dude brought in some super talent, and let creators create.

Was Amalgam Comics 90s? I remember I had a lot of fun reading those...
    Also, Batman Black and White was pretty cool the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Found a list of Marvel's GN releases spanning from May-August.
    http://comicsbeat.com/look-what-marv...iddle-of-2015/
    Looks like we are getting an Onslaught Omnibus
    -Wasn't aware of the Kamala Khan OHC. It probably was announced/solicited before, but it went over my head.
    -Still disappointed there is no Spidey vol 3 OHC announced yet.
    -Still intrigued about the lack of "title" for the second Miles Morales paperback (Vol 1 - Rebirth, Vol 2 - ???).
    -Really digging the cover they chose for Hawkguy OHC Vol. 2!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Clone Sage, too!

with all due respect, you're out of your mind. DC had some incredible stuff. And that doesn't even count Vertigo. But, yes, Image sucked for the most part.

The thing about the 90s for Marvel is that it was very, very, very, very freakin' horrible. But there are a lot of 90s gems. This being one of them.

I think - at least to me - I can pin point the 90s turn around and it was when JMS took over ASM, when Marvel Cancelled John Byrne's abortion of a Spider-Man reboot, and Quesada was given Marvel Knights and the publisher (can't remember his name but he's no longer there) came on board. It got even better when Quesada took the reins. Say what you want about him know ("One More Day"), the dude brought in some super talent, and let creators create.
    JMS was given ASM in 2001 and Quesada came in in 1998. But I get your point

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    -Still disappointed there is no Spidey vol 3 OHC announced yet.
    To which Spidey OHC are you referring? The only one I can think of is Superior Spidey, and that 3rd OHC has been solicited and is coming out in March. Was that the one you were talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    JMS was given ASM in 2001 and Quesada came in in 1998. But I get your point
    Yeah, you're right, but it was kind of a 3-4 year turn around. It wasn't overnight, but it all seemed to run together. Marvel Knights Punisher with Ennis started up after the disaster "Angelic" story line; Smith and Quesada took over DD after his character was stuck in a rut; Bruce Jones on Hulk after Byrne's horrible start (Jenkins redeemed it somewhat); etc. It was a good time. The Ultimate line started up, Bendis was on freakin fire, etc., etc.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 01-11-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    To which Spidey OHC are you referring? The only one I can think of is Superior Spidey, and that 3rd OHC has been solicited and is coming out in March. Was that the one you were talking about?
    Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 is the one that started after Superior.
    Besides the Spider-Verse OHC, no other hardcovers (not even premiere-sized) have been solicited or announced for this volume.

Granted, there are only 6 issues between Superior #31 and Amazing #7, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 is the one that started after Superior.
    Besides the Spider-Verse OHC, no other hardcovers (not even premiere-sized) have been solicited or announced for this volume.

Granted, there are only 6 issues between Superior #31 and Amazing #7, but still.
    It won't be solicited until after Superior is out and covered. And since deadpool, hawkeye and superior all had about a year between OHC, I think that's what your looking at.

Events books, like Spiderverse, are an exception and now seem to come out very soon after the event itself.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.