Page 644 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1445445946346406416426436446456466476486546947441144 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 17378
    Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    I thought people misspoke when the stated there would be a Marvel Firsts: The 1990s Omnibus. I figured it would just be an other one of those TPBs they have put out for the other decades. But no, it really is an Omnibus. This looks like worst of these single issue omnibus collections.

Marvel Firsts : The 1990s Omnibus

On Sale Date: August 18, 2015
    Ages 9 And Up, Grades 4 to 17
    $125.00 USD, $140.00 CAD
    1288 pages
    Hardcover
    Comics & Graphic Novels / Superheroes
    9780785198161, 0785198164
    Summary: Revisit comics’ most divisive decade with a giant-sized compendium of daring debuts! All your favorites are here: Deadpool! Nomad! X-Force! Scarlet Spider! Quicksilver! ClanDestine! Venom! Nightwatch! Gambit! Vengeance! Spider-Man 2099! The Thunderbolts! Plus Ghost Rider and Deathlok, reinvented for the ’90s! Guns! Swords! Leather! Clones! Pouches! Don’t dis the ’90s, they’re totally dope!
    COLLECTING: Deadpool: the Circle Chase #1, Cable (1993) #1, Venom: Lethal Protector #1, Gambit (1993) #1, Spider-Man 2099 (1992) #1, War Machine (1994) #1, Darkhawk #1, X-Force (1991) #1, Web of Spider-Man (1985) #118, Tales of the Marvel Universe 1, Generation X San Diego Preview 1 & MORE!
    I like how even the solicit apologizes for this book's existence.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I like how even the solicit apologizes for this book's existence.
    Lol! They had to do the same thing for The Crossing Omnibus. I guess these things are geared toward a very specific demographic and its up to us in the know to protect the innocent and/or weak-willed!

Amazing Member

I thought people misspoke when the stated there would be a Marvel Firsts: The 1990s Omnibus. I figured it would just be an other one of those TPBs they have put out for the other decades. But no, it really is an Omnibus. This looks like worst of these single issue omnibus collections.

$125.00 USD, $140.00 CAD
    1288 pages
    Hardcover
    Summary: Revisit comics’ most divisive decade with a giant-sized compendium of daring debuts! All your favorites are here: Deadpool! Nomad! X-Force! Scarlet Spider! Quicksilver! ClanDestine! Venom! Nightwatch! Gambit! Vengeance! Spider-Man 2099! The Thunderbolts! Plus Ghost Rider and Deathlok, reinvented for the ’90s! Guns! Swords! Leather! Clones! Pouches! Don’t dis the ’90s, they’re totally dope!
    COLLECTING: Deadpool: the Circle Chase #1, Cable (1993) #1, Venom: Lethal Protector #1, Gambit (1993) #1, Spider-Man 2099 (1992) #1, War Machine (1994) #1, Darkhawk #1, X-Force (1991) #1, Web of Spider-Man (1985) #118, Tales of the Marvel Universe 1, Generation X San Diego Preview 1 & MORE!
    I'm pretty sure i have most of this in floppies....
    Give me my prize.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I can't decide which is worse, this 90s omni or that damned Ultimate Marvel omni. No more sampler platter omnis please!

Marvel's Press Release:
    "You like 90s? We got 90s!
    -ClanDestine! Nightwatch! Vengeance! It's a feast of failures!
    -We're putting a deadpool issue in so you'll buy this. Be sure to finish this miniseries is one of our many TPBs.
    -Remember when Gambit sold comic books? Read the exact issue when people stopped caring!
    -Here's X-Force 1! Fun Fact: You can buy 10,000 issues of X-Force 1 with the money you spent on this!
    -Darkhawk! The character with so many unresolved plotlines, and who's major cosmic career will peter out into a supporting role in a teen avengers title! What do we do with this guy, huh kids!?
    -Check out yet another time we tried to make Deathlok happen! It'll stick someday!
    -Also Cable, the hero without empathy or a sense of humour who has been a messiah-like figure three or four times. Don't bother buying more issues after this one!"
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

And they refuse to reprint the Ultimates Omni.

[QUOTE=victorxd1999;842224]
    Quote Originally Posted by danelway View Post

You should try some 90s Dc like Spectre or JLA. It's awesome
    LOL, I hoping you were talking to the other poster and not me. I've not only read them, I've championed their existence to other comic readers.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Man, if you could clone sage, it could make a nice roast a hell of a lot cheaper.
    No kidding, and it would certainly be more palatable than the "saga"

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    The Quesada/Jemas years were what got me back into comics in college. JMS Spider-Man, Jones Hulk, Bendis Daredevil, Morrison New X-Men, the Ultimate line, etc.

Coming in with my last exposure to comics being mid-90s X-Men, it was amazing how different and cinematic these books felt.
    Same here, except my last exposure was the mid-90s Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by smc123 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Just gives us a damn Peter David Hulk Omni already and stop giving us this crap! It wouldn't be till vol 3 that it's into the 90's.
    No shit.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I'll look for it in the dollar bin!
    Do they still have quarter bins?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post

Anyone know how much the Eternals by Neil Gaiman OHC is going for?
    You can probably get it for $10-$12 or so. I see it pop up every now and then at my local used book shop (it has a great HC/TPB selection).

Especially considering most of these issues aren't their "debuts" just whenever Marvel got around to giving them a miniseries, which in the 90s Marvel was giving every character ever and their grandmas either a one shot or miniseries.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Spectacular Member

$125.00 USD, $140.00 CAD
    1288 pages
    Hardcover
    Finally, Web of Spider Man 118 is in an omnibus, my collecting can now end.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    And they refuse to reprint the Ultimates Omni.
    They better not, I paid $100 for my copy.
    Miller was right.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Wow, I thought I got Eternal for a steal ($10). Aw well, still love it. Probably the best JRJR art of the last decade.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I can't wait to pick this up for $3.99.
    I want to see what the & MORE! includes. And yes, i'd pay as much as i paid the the Now Omnibus, maybe. Not sure it's even worth $10.00. The funny thing is that Marvel is probably wise to the fact that this thing will not sell, and so maybe the print run is really, really low. It could become quite the collectible. I think it would be best if the cover art even advertised that it was a collectible first printing. Maybe just like how the first printing of the Squadron Supreme collection had Gruenwald's Blood mixed in maybe they can use the tears of 90's fanboys that thought their comics would be worth something in the printing of this book. Oh and i want a die cut holo foil 3d wrap around cover.

I want to see what the & MORE! includes.
    NFL SuperPro?

Hmmmm... who do you guys think the lamest characters that Marvel came out with in the 90s that aren't already listed. Like that got lost in time and didn't make it out of the 90s. And not just all the lame ass X-Men and other mutants they came out with (I liked Maverick so don't say him OK )
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Especially considering most of these issues aren't their "debuts" just whenever Marvel got around to giving them a miniseries, which in the 90s Marvel was giving every character ever and their grandmas either a one shot or miniseries.
    I personally enjoyed the Marvel Grandmas collection. My personal favourite was Grandma Cage's sweet Christmas.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    The new "death" policy established many, many years ago is that you can't kill a character without a plan.
    I thought the policy was kill a major character every quarter.