Page 647 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1475475976376436446456466476486496506516576977471147 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    NFL SuperPro?

Hmmmm... who do you guys think the lamest characters that Marvel came out with in the 90s that aren't already listed. Like that got lost in time and didn't make it out of the 90s. And not just all the lame ass X-Men and other mutants they came out with (I liked Maverick so don't say him OK )
    Nightcat, hands down. Also, does the Billy Ray Cyrus comic count?

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    I think that amping up the 90's-ness of the omnibus design would make it pretty funny and even worthwhile for some people. And dude, it was Gruenwald's ashes, not blood, that would be so gross.
    My bad, it was ashes, of course, cause blood would just be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    My bad, it was ashes, of course, cause blood would just be weird.
    We'd need a 70's Marvel Omnibus including Marvel Comics Super Special!: Kiss.
    That one had their blood mixed with the red ink.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Yes! Make it so!
    Well, I guess it's a good thing we are getting an omnibus of the forgettable 90's instead of an omnibus of an amazing, memorable series like Claremont's New Mutants.

I find myself constantly wondering what Marvel is thinking.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Marvel needs to collect New Mutants in omnibus.
    I cannot believe such a fantastic series has not been put in omnibus yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I wouldn't mind a masterwork.
    They did get several volumes of "Classics" books, which I always imagines as being like MMWs but for bronze age or later stuff. X-Force, Cable, Excalibur, Deadpool, etc. all also had "Classics" to collect older material and they're great.

New Mutants Classics Volume 1 collected the graphic novel and the first seven issues. A great way to get into the series, and a pretty good way to collect, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    They did get several volumes of "Classics" books, which I always imagines as being like MMWs but for bronze age or later stuff. X-Force, Cable, Excalibur, Deadpool, etc. all also had "Classics" to collect older material and they're great.

New Mutants Classics Volume 1 collected the graphic novel and the first seven issues. A great way to get into the series, and a pretty good way to collect, IMO.
    The classic TPBs??
    I have up to...7, I think.
    Minus the first one.
    I have the singles for the first one instead because I couldn't find a copy of the TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post

I already own all the paperbacks. Now I need something more permanent in hardcover.....with nice, quality paper!

Well, I guess it's a good thing we are getting an omnibus of the forgettable 90's instead of an omnibus of an amazing, memorable series like Claremont's New Mutants.

Yeah, for awhile they were rolling through the events of the 80's, so the Atlantis Attacks and Evolutionary War made somewhat sense, even if panned by some.
    Then came the Crossing omnibus. I'll admit to never having read it, but even before the omnibus was solicited, it almost always was in the top 3 of the "worst Avengers stories ever" lists that would crop up from time to time. So why make an omnibus of that?

I suppose for any of these books, if they (Marvel) are smart and do the analytics and know what will sell and by what numbers, that even an odd release makes $ for every book sold, and if they know what a decent print run would be where they're not left with a ton of overstock, then they won't lose their butts on it, and in the end it's still profitable. But when you read here, and on the MMW boards and other places, every so often these polls come out of the most wanted omnibuses - I mean, hey Marvel marketing, they just did your work for you! And it's always the same handful of 'yet to be released' books on there. Occasionally they listen, and we get Annihilation and now Conquest, but there's still a lot on there that has yet to be released (like the aforementioned New Mutants) plus a lot that could be reprinted. But they release something no one wants. I would guess they have smart people digging into this stuff and know what they're doing, but sometimes it makes you scratch your head. But who knows, maybe there's a TON of 90's era comic fans out there, who even though they might not view those comics as GREAT, they view them as nostalgic and/or funny and something they HAVE to have, hence the 90's omnibus.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

BANNED

I already own all the paperbacks. Now I need something more permanent in hardcover.....with nice, quality paper!
    I would buy this!
    #1-34 in omnibus edition please with issue 21 being the cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I would buy this!
    Yes!
    The only thing is, is that Sienkiewicz's art looks better on newsprint/without superduper color treatment that collections often get.
    I have all of the singles from NM that Sienkiewicz does the art on, and I also have it in the TPBs. The color looks better in the singles than the TPBs.

I would buy this!
    Yeah, I'm on board with this! It makes too much sense. Probably will never happen.

Ah ok. I was confused because someone else proposed MMWs (which come in HC and TPB) and so figured there was a chance people just wanted "collected". I am clearly very new to this thread lol.

I would buy this!
    Annual 1 would fit here, too, I think, no?

As for Volume 2, do 35-54 (everything before Fall of the Mutants, which has its own omni) and Annual 2-3?

Instead of a Volume 3, do something like New Mutants: Prelude to X-Force, which includes 74-94 and 98-100? Maybe also include all of the "Days of Future Present" annuals? Maybe also the Kings of Pain/Killing Stroke annual stuff?

DC solicits are starting to trickle out now, which means Marvel solicits should probably come out tomorrow, I would guess. Anyone think there'll be any surprises there we don't know about yet?
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

New Mutants isn't X-TREEME enough for an Omni. Except for the Rob Liefeld stuff, which is collected as X-Force in an Omni. Because that makes sense.
    Cyclops was right

Just noticed that DCBS/IST has their own exclusive cover to the X-O Manowar omnibus. Not sure if that's a first for them. It'll be interesting if they start doing that with Marvel's collections, since I wouldn't mind more cover options and they're who I usually buy from. (Although I'd imagine Marvel would demand more money than Valiant, which might make it infeasible.)