Page 65 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869751151655651065 ... LastLast
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Anyone know whether the Daredevil Father HC is Oversized? I have the floppies but I'm thinking of upgrading.
    It is oversized, which I didn't realize until after ordering it. Bummer for me, as I have all of the rest of modern Daredevil in standard trim and it is going to stick out on the shelf.

It's still pretty readily available, but if you can't find it in Europe for a decent price I'll just send you mine
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    That Checechetto art is glorious, also, who did the art on the picture of Punisher/Daredevil?? And why is there not more of this stuff?
    If every issue was drawn like that I'd buy those books in a second, can't stand the other artists though, not my cup of tea.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    New bookworld code for 20% off site wide. BW-OOPS is the code.
    Tried that code and it's 10%

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    It is oversized, which I didn't realize until after ordering it. Bummer for me, as I have all of the rest of modern Daredevil in standard trim and it is going to stick out on the shelf.

It's still pretty readily available, but if you can't find it in Europe for a decent price I'll just send you mine
    Hey Krisis, many thanks for the reply. I'll send you a PM shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Question!

Does anyone here have NO backlog? I did recently, actually, finally catching up on all my books for the first time in a few years, so that an Expedit 4x4 full of trades and hardcovers was completely read.

As of now, I've had to take a break for revision so I've a little pile-up (listed below for the curious) but I all this discussion has made me wonder if any of the rest of you have ever got caught up on your purchases, even for just a little while.

Current backlog -

Absolutes - Dark Knight, Top 10, Sandman V. 1
    Deluxes - Fables v.1, Y The Last Man v.1, Hawkeye v.1, Deadpool v.1, Daredevil v.2
    Omniboo - Byrne FF v.2, Stern Spidey
    Masterworks - Spidey 16
    Trades - Spidey Cosmic Adventures, Batman No Man's Land 3 and 4, Spidey Next Chapter v.1, Wolverine Hama/Silvestri v.1,
    Usually I have a very little backlog, just a few books and some others on the way, but now I have even less because I have to save some money (so now I have a "hopefully I can buy these before they go oop" list).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    That Checechetto art is glorious, also, who did the art on the picture of Punisher/Daredevil?? And why is there not more of this stuff?
    The Punisher/Daredevil was done by Adi Granov. What you see is 2 parts of a 3-part connecting variant:

All 3 issues are in the Daredevil Waid OHC Vol. 2 and Marco Checchetto is the "internal" artist for all 3 issues.

sorry, double post...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    If every issue was drawn like that I'd buy those books in a second, can't stand the other artists though, not my cup of tea.
    Yeah, it took a while for me to get adjusted to the art in Waid's DD, as it was a bit of a shock at first.

I've now got used to the art style with the exception of Chris Samnee. I do like his cover art, however, and believe him to be one of the best cover artists out there but I'm not that big on his "internal" art, although, I'm slowly accepting it. I have, on the other hand, become a big fan of Paolo Rivera and Javier Rodriguez, thanks to their work on Daredevil. The former also, I believe to be among the very top cover artists in the business. Marco Checchetto's art in the 3-issue storyline is also very good.''

Some Paolo Rivera DD cover art:

The Punisher/Daredevil was done by Adi Granov. What you see is 2 parts of a 3-part connecting variant:

All 3 issues are in the Daredevil Waid OHC Vol. 2 and Marco Checchetto is the "internal" artist for all 3 issues.
    I love this art. Now I wanna read it.

You people are just a bunch of Daredevil pushers.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'm going to have to invest in Waid's DD soon. I have a few priority books to buy over the next 2-3 months before they go OOP or too OOP then I'll buy the OHC's. The art really has kept me away from the book but I feel like I'm missing out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    With my book buying habits at the moment, I feel good and bad at the same time.

You know what I mean.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    When I was 8-10 yrs old I wanted to be Spider-Man (thwpp thwpp). This was around the late 70's, when Gwen Stacy died (sob!).
    That was 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Mine is epic, I'd be amazed if anyone had a bigger backlog, my collection is for looking good on the shelf not for reading so I've read only around 5% of it! probably less.

[...]
    I don't buy pre-1980 content
    I do. And I don't think I've read a 5% of my collection, either, so my backlog must definitely be way bigger than yours. [Why am I thinking of Spaceballs here?]

You’d be surprised Pete. Once this month’s orders come through (including those arriving in the UK), my comics reading backlog will consist of 30 Omnibuses, 14 OHCs, 4 Marvel Masterworks, several regular sized HCs and TPBs and a ton of floppies.
    I have every single Marvel and DC Omnibus and (except for Marvel Now / New 52 / Just Imagine) and almost every OHC, as well as a lot of Marvel Masterworks, Premiere hardcovers and Absolutes, not to mention a gazillion books from other publishers. Just so you get an idea, at the time of writing this I have 85 official Marvel Omnibus books, and I've only read 13 of them. Sad, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    This is my main reason I buy with no regrets. At 50% off, It's easy to at least make your money back. One habit I've started, is to not unwrap the book until I actually read it. This way, if it's something I regret buying and decide the backlog is too large to reasonably see myself reading it, I can still resell as new.
    Same here. It annoys me when someone tells me "hey, books are to be read". I know, and I will. In due time. But if I don't, I'll be able to sell them as new indeed.

I don't know when I'll be satisfied. I feel burned out every now and then, especially after enduring some awful stuff (if only everything was like Whedon's AXM or Bendis' Daredevil), but I also know I get all excited when new solicitations come and I see new gaps that are going to be filled in. It's a sweet curse.

Yeah, it took a while for me to get adjusted to the art in Waid's DD, as it was a bit of a shock at first.

I've now got used to the art style with the exception of Chris Samnee. I do like his cover art, however, and believe him to be one of the best cover artists out there but I'm not that big on his "internal" art, although, I'm slowly accepting it. I have, on the other hand, become a big fan of Paolo Rivera and Javier Rodriguez, thanks to their work on Daredevil. The former also, I believe to be among the very top cover artists in the business. Marco Checchetto's art in the 3-issue storyline is also very good.''

Some Paolo Rivera DD cover art:

I always liked the odd styles so I absolutely love the art in Waid's DD. Rivera and Samnee are just one of my favourites nowadays (check out Rocketeer Cargo of Doom, also written by Waid and drawn by Samnee. It 100% pure fun and awesome).
    Chechetto was really good on Punisher, he's style is more for everybody than Samnee I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I love this art. Now I wanna read it.

You people are just a bunch of Daredevil pushers.
    We do what's necessary

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    New $5 off coupon code for those who use Chapters ($50 and over, free shipping):

WELCOME2EMAIL

Good until June 21

Now to figure out some just-over $50 order combos for the next month. Back to the wishlist.
    Wish these were still $5 off $30 instead of $50 but we've gotta take what we can get.

Finished up reading the Annihilation omnibus last night for the first time.