Page 657 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1575576076476536546556566576586596606616677077571157 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,855 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The cheapest it's going for on the amazon.com marketplace is $115, and £80 on the amazon.co.uk marketplace. I haven't checked ebay.

The cover price of the 2008 printing first printing which I have (not sure if there were further printings) is $29.99.
    My guess is just as good as my guess here but: There's a strong reason to be positive that we will see a House of M Omnibus in the next 2-3 years. Book is OOP, there was a large success and large impact of the story, the market demand is obvious...
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    shut up.
    How could you????
    HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ALL OF US??

Where did you get it and do they have more?
    I got it from a guy on Marktplaats (Dutch Ebay) who sold both the Devil Dinosaur and Eternals omnibus. After a quick mail exchange I started to get the feeling he had no idea what he had so I made a offer I would make with every 20 issues omnibus and he accepted it. I'm soooooo happy
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Man, I love me some Devil Dinosaur and moon boy and Eternals! I think that material is fantastic but it always seems to be so negatively regarded. I don't know...its Kirby and the king still made great comics IMO . Love the 70s Cap run as well! Haters be damned

All-New Member

Hi All!
    Hope you can help me. I'm writing here from Poland so sorry for any mistakes in spelling correct. Recently i have bought few Marvel Omnibuses second hand. And all of them have no Dust Jackets... is it possible that anyone can send me scan of dj from omnibuses:
    - Ultimates Millar Omnibus,
    - FF vol 2. Hickman Omnibus,
    - Howard the Duck Omnibus.
    If somebody have them i will be grateful...
    Cheers!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Could someone explain to me the difference of some bindings and how they curve? I don't get how new avengers omnibus and age of apocalypse omnibus can be rounded at the spine but the Simonson thor omnibus is straight and more rigid.
    All those books have the same type of bindings, but I've had more difficulties with my Simonson Thor omnibus than the other two, so maybe it's just a case of a slightly lower quality print run? Theoretically they should be the same. They're all sewn and I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure they were all manufactured in China. Sometimes quality is worse for a certain omnibus for no particular reason, like the problem with most copies of The Stand omnibus where the glue comes undone because... (nobody knows)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Jackolson View Post
    Hi All!
    Hope you can help me. I'm writing here from Poland so sorry for any mistakes in spelling correct. Recently i have bought few Marvel Omnibuses second hand. And all of them have no Dust Jackets... is it possible that anyone can send me scan of dj from omnibuses:
    - Ultimates Millar Omnibus,
    - FF vol 2. Hickman Omnibus,
    - Howard the Duck Omnibus.
    If somebody have them i will be grateful...
    Cheers!!!
    Sorry, can't help you man, but congrats for getting Ultimates, it's one of white whales here. Would you tell us where did you get it?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Sorry, can't help you man, but congrats for getting Ultimates, it's one of white whales here. Would you tell us where did you get it?
    Polish Auction www.allegro.pl but it was few months ago now i dont see nothing special...

Our maby somebode know the place where they sell those?
    Last edited by Nick Jackolson; 01-18-2015 at 06:08 AM.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    My guess is just as good as my guess here but: There's a strong reason to be positive that we will see a House of M Omnibus in the next 2-3 years. Book is OOP, there was a large success and large impact of the story, the market demand is obvious...
    There was a reprint in the UK last year, and I think with the events crossover this year there's a strong possibility of a new printing, in the same vein as Secret Wars. But I do find it odd how what might be Marvel's best event hasn't had a bigger push. Besides Civil War and Infinity, I haven't been too big on Marvel's events.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Let me just remind you all of how irritated I am that the Silver Surfer omnibus is out of print.
    I said no more Marvel purchases until I could increase the size of some of my other collections, but now I'm stuck on this series. And because the omnibus is out of print (and I freaking REFUSE to pay some third party seller $200+ for a copy), I have to get it in MMW, which is FINE with me, except where I used to be able to readily find the second MMW volume of it in HC, now I can only find it in TPB. And what is up with the Silver Surfer Epic Collection containing everything but this run (Lee/Buscema)?? Grrrrr.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    There was a reprint in the UK last year, and I think with the events crossover this year there's a strong possibility of a new printing, in the same vein as Secret Wars. But I do find it odd how what might be Marvel's best event hasn't had a bigger push. Besides Civil War and Infinity, I haven't been too big on Marvel's events.
    I would still put Infinity Gauntlet and Annihilation above House of M.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

It also really highlights the connection to Magneto and the mutant-ness of Wanda and Pietro, two things Marvel appear to want to play down.

So we may not....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Let me just remind you all of how irritated I am that the Silver Surfer omnibus is out of print.
    I said no more Marvel purchases until I could increase the size of some of my other collections, but now I'm stuck on this series. And because the omnibus is out of print (and I freaking REFUSE to pay some third party seller $200+ for a copy), I have to get it in MMW, which is FINE with me, except where I used to be able to readily find the second MMW volume of it in HC, now I can only find it in TPB. And what is up with the Silver Surfer Epic Collection containing everything but this run (Lee/Buscema)?? Grrrrr.
    That sucks! I'd hate for you to be stuck with only a crappy TPB as a choice when there are better formats available. I bought both re-mastered MMW HCs a few year ago for like a combined $35. They're much more readable than the unwieldy omnibus with its glued binding. The Silver Surfer MMWs HCs have this great paper from pre-2009 that's at least twice as thick as the paper used today--the bookblock of volume 1 is like the same thickness as a 500-page Epic--and let's not forget the sewn-binding!

Do you know where I can find the second MMW for Silver surface in hardcover for a decent price?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    That sucks! I'd hate for you to be stuck with only a crappy TPB as a choice when there are better formats available. I bought both re-mastered MMW HCs a few year ago for like a combined $35. They're much more readable than the unwieldy omnibus with its glued binding. The Silver Surfer MMWs HCs have this great paper from pre-2009 that's at least twice as thick as the paper used today--the bookblock of volume 1 is like the same thickness as a 500-page Epic--and let's not forget the sewn-binding!
    It's funny that you can even turn sympathy posts into rants about Marvel's paper. Though honestly I'm just surprised you didn't find a way to mention Jason Aaron and how his wrting is terrible. You're starting to lose your edge man
    We still love you though

I'm not entirely how sure "obvious" is to Marvel.