Page 688 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692698738788 ... LastLast
Results 10,306 to 10,320 of 17378
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    For a more political cap, Steve Engleharts run is perfect.
    I do wish Marvel would reprint the Secret Empire/Nomad trades from 2006/2007. They rereleased the Kirby volumes from the Falcon series as an Omnibus, so I'm surprised those two volumes haven't been compiled together into an Epic Collection or something similar. The Secret Empire was rereleased as a hardcover in the UK in the magazine-based Marvel Graphic Novel Collection, but it's not the same.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I wish they'd reprint that omnibus. The trades for SS's early stuff aren't very nice.(
    I get the MMWs. You can get the first one on IST.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    It's like people forget what that story actually did to Iron Man. That story came out just before the first Iron Man movie, which featured Tony being charming and likeable on an unprecedented level and left people who might have gotten into the Iron Man comics from the movie completely put off of what was going on in them at the time.
    Exactly. I had no desire to read IM after this - not that I did before. After the two OHCs of Fraction's run came out, I got them for a good price. I thought they were great stories and Fraction did a good job writing around jerk-Stark and his antagonistic role in Civil War. He focused more on the fallout, Stark the man, and his relationship with his friends.

But, Marvel never promoted that so a lot of readers just assumed he was a dick in his own title. At least I did, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Yeah, and ther are people who feel like Ironman was right but completely slandered by the resolutions and events of the crossover.

What I'd really like to see is an end to the Captain America vs Ironman and Wolverine vs Cyclops shit. It's so tired, and still happening. Writers have a great chance to develop all character isnvolved by seeking real resolution but instead they perpetuate the same narrative. And I like civil war, but the novelty of them fighting is gone since that seems to be all they ever do.
    I agree, but it's not going to happen. Every time someone take a character like Peter Parker and makes him interesting or a little more of an adult, we get the return of the old Parker Luck or whatever BS. You watch, Parker will be working for the Daily Bugle, taking pictures in the next few years. Or he'll be back in school. It's the same with the Wolverine-Cyclops relationship. I get that the characters can't age in real time, but they can evolve for crying out loud. It wouldn't kill a writer to step away from the norm every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post

Warlock by Starlin? Yes.

Miller's DD is a must-read if you haven't yet. People love Ann Nocenti's run too.

What have you read about Cap A?
    People absolutely abhor, despise and reject her run, too. Heh.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I get the MMWs. You can get the first one on IST.
    I bought the Uncanny X-Men ones a while ago and then I found out they're very oddly sized, they're shorter than normal trades and longer so they stick out. I ended up selling them for the omnibuses.

I assume all the other MMWs are the same dimensions? That's kind of why I've avoided getting any of them.

I can get measurements when I get home. but if you look at my shelf pics with all the Sub-Mariner MMWs, they are the same size, I think.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I can get measurements when I get home. but if you look at my shelf pics with all the Sub-Mariner MMWs, they are the same size, I think.
    Oh you mean the hardbacks? I was talking about the paperbacks.

I've no idea what the size of the hardbacks are.

I can also measure the TPB for you as I have volume 2 in TPB.

Comics aren't all the same size as mainstream North American modern day comics are. Older comics, some non-superhero comics and some European comics all have different dimensions. When you get into OHC, absolute, etc, it widens the size vary even more. If you collect enough tpbs from that collection you can have a nice uniform shelf.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I agree, but it's not going to happen. Every time someone take a character like Peter Parker and makes him interesting or a little more of an adult, we get the return of the old Parker Luck or whatever BS. You watch, Parker will be working for the Daily Bugle, taking pictures in the next few years. Or he'll be back in school. It's the same with the Wolverine-Cyclops relationship. I get that the characters can't age in real time, but they can evolve for crying out loud. It wouldn't kill a writer to step away from the norm every now and then.
    What!!?! No way. Who the hell are the super heroes supposed to fight if the weren't fighting each other? Bad guys? No way. I like my heroes bickering and at each other's throats. Thank you Mark Millar.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Exactly. I had no desire to read IM after this - not that I did before. After the two OHCs of Fraction's run came out, I got them for a good price. I thought they were great stories and Fraction did a good job writing around jerk-Stark and his antagonistic role in Civil War. He focused more on the fallout, Stark the man, and his relationship with his friends.

But, Marvel never promoted that so a lot of readers just assumed he was a dick in his own title. At least I did, anyway.

People absolutely abhor, despise and reject her run, too. Heh.
    I think the Knaufs did a better job at making Iron Man work. A very underrated run
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

With the current Deadpool run to finish at issue 45, I'm tempted to cancel vol 2 of the OHC and hope for an omni linked to the movie release.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    What!!?! No way. Who the hell are the super heroes supposed to fight if the weren't fighting each other? Bad guys? No way. I like my heroes bickering and at each other's throats. Thank you Mark Millar.
    That's what people want. Especially the ones who normally don't read the books. They are drooling over action sequences where Batman kicking the crap out of Superman, or Iron man out of Cap and stuff like that. It's a strange perversion of the masses ad it drives me crazy.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    With the current Deadpool run to finish at issue 45, I'm tempted to cancel vol 2 of the OHC and hope for an omni linked to the movie release.
    An omnibus is great when it's the only option.

But I'll take volumes of OHCs over an omni any day.

Spectacular Member

Do we expect a Daredevil Companion Reprint when the Netflix show hits? Its already to late, isnt it? :/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    An omnibus is great when it's the only option.

But I'll take volumes of OHCs over an omni any day.
    i agree
    it's great if i can buy OHCs as they are released, they are just easier to handle. sure, if i get into a series when some or all of the OHCs are hard to find, i definitely go for a conveniently available omnibus, especially as i'm an international buyer and shipping rate for one big book will almost always be lower than for several smaller volumes.