Page 697 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 197597647687693694695696697698699700701707747797 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 17378
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    What's the cheapest I can pick up Lee/Claremon'ts UXM omnibus 1 for nowadays?
    Skipped on it during the clearance last year and I now I kinda regret it...
    I would say your best bet now is to regularly check ebay and the amazon marketplace and wait for a decent price to appear.

If you're in the US, the cheapest I've recently seen it for is on the amazon.com marketplace at $90.

If you're in Europe you can purchase it for €99.50 from www.cheap-comics.com

I wasn't going to pick this Omnibus up at all, but I took Krisis's advice and purchased it when it was going at clearance as an "investment".

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pdjones View Post
    IST has it for 57.99.
    At $57.99, are you sure you're not referring to the Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 1 by Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne?

Edit: I see where you may have been misled - Thesanmich used "UXM", but I believe he meant the Claremont/Lee X-Men Omnibus, as that one is OOP and was going for clearance (and consists mainly of UXM issues). Right, Thesanmich?
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 02-05-2015 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    What's the cheapest I can pick up Lee/Claremon'ts UXM omnibus 1 for nowadays?
    Skipped on it during the clearance last year and I now I kinda regret it...
    I always feel I have to warn people about that book. The Vol 1 numbering is misleading. It's knee deep in plot lines that began in Mutant Massacre, carried through Fall Of The Mutants and Inferno, and ended at the beginning of Claremont/Lee Vol. 2. Basically, the team was slowly dismantled then rebuilt. This volume is when it's completely dismantled. (It's also arguably the low-point of Claremont's Uncanny X-Men run.) If you don't have the other OHCs, then you won't get much out of it and will be fine skipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    This is a very minor complaint about the Uncanny Avengers omnibus, but the annual being shoved in after the final issue irritates me for some reason.
    On the one hand, I agree, because in general I believe one-shots and annuals should be filed where they are in the reading order. But on the other hand, the UA Annual doesn't really fit well anywhere. It came out near the end of the run, where the status quo had changed so much, but if I didn't know better I'd say it took place before any of the Apocalypse Twins stuff. It's almost like the Uncanny Avengers Annual is an Alternate Universe piece (UAAAU, if you will).

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    But seriously... After reading your post, I went upstairs and pulled my copy of the same omnibus off the shelf.

Unread, and still in it's shrink wrap because (if I didn't mention it before) my backlog is HUGE!

So I opened it up and I can see what you mean, some pretty fold out posters at the back.

Everything in my copy was flat with no creases.

But, if you have torn out the 'grey buffer page', I think this may be part of the endpaper, which connects the inner surface of the cover board to the textblock, and is indeed the main mechanism by which this attachment occurs.
    If you have truly removed this then I think you may have genuinely compromised the integrity of the book.

I hope that I am wrong, and maybe I've just got the wrong end of the stick from your description.

Does the book look o.k. to you now? (In terms of it's structure).
    Hmmm, the book does look OK, however I can't recall if I have cut the page flush or if I tore it out completely.

I was pissed when the posters caused creases. Maybe I'll buy another copy and use this one as my reading copy. Or better yet trade for another copy, since the book is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    Pretty Sure that Marvel Disney had the John Carter license at the time of the Marvel Omnibus/ John Carter Movie. Dynamite did not have the license until relatively recently.

Edgar Rice Burroughs creations still have copyright protection in the U.S. but maybe not in other parts of the world.
    ERBs stuff is largely public domain including John carter. That's not so worldwide so Disney had rights to release the film worldwide. They dropped it because the film tanked. However they can print the omnibus at their whim. Then Dynamite originally used the material without the estates blessing, which they can, but the estate sued through a legal loophole. ERBs estate tried trademarking stuff. They can't. But the permissions Disney had and dynamite have aren't the same. One did not go to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I always feel I have to warn people about that book. The Vol 1 numbering is misleading. It's knee deep in plot lines that began in Mutant Massacre, carried through Fall Of The Mutants and Inferno, and ended at the beginning of Claremont/Lee Vol. 2. Basically, the team was slowly dismantled then rebuilt. This volume is when it's completely dismantled. (It's also arguably the low-point of Claremont's Uncanny X-Men run.) If you don't have the other OHCs, then you won't get much out of it and will be fine skipping it.
    Also the confusing ohc that's between the two volumes.
    Last edited by Canucked; 02-05-2015 at 08:17 AM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

BANNED

I went to a second hand comic book store in Notting Hill today and they had the OHC (practically an omnibus) edition of Fall of the Mutants for £20.
    An absolute bargain but the book was in terrible condition unfortunately. The dust jacket was bent and ripped on all edges, the book felt loose and there was a stain on the side of the pages. Very disappointed.

They also had X-Men: Asgardian Wars for £12 and this was in perfect, like new condition, but it's not something I want in my collection despite the amazing art.

Why can't people look after their books? It's not like they're cheap!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I went to a second hand comic book store in Notting Hill today and they had the OHC (practically an omnibus) edition of Fall of the Mutants for £20.
    An absolute bargain but the book was in terrible condition unfortunately. The dust jacket was bent and ripped on all edges, the book felt loose and there was a stain on the side of the pages. Very disappointed.

They also had X-Men: Asgardian Wars for £12 and this was in perfect, like new condition, but it's not something I want in my collection despite the amazing art.

What a shame O;

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

I am thinking about grabbing the young avengers omnibus that just came out by kierion gillien. I have read his Wicked+ Divine series from Image (floppies b/c i think the covers for each are awesome) and wanted to know if this is worth the pickup or pass on it?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    I am thinking about grabbing the young avengers omnibus that just came out by kierion gillien. I have read his Wicked+ Divine series from Image (floppies b/c i think the covers for each are awesome) and wanted to know if this is worth the pickup or pass on it?
    If you enjoy Wicked + Divine and would not mind a more superhero take with similar tone and tastes, you will likely enjoy Young Avengers.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

If you like Wicked+Divine you'll probably like Gillen's Young Avengers too.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Yay. I'm looking to get Silver Surfer next. Any other recommendations?
    Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, and All new Ghost Rider

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Get it now. It's amazing.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I really enjoyed it. Also, if you can get the first Young Avengers OHC, it's pretty good, too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post

This drives me crazy as well especially because so many have to be grabbed on the used market depending on when you got into ohc/omni. Also dang it Asgardian Wars is one of the last x ohcs I need it is on my watch for list right now.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?