Page 7 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117571075071007 ... LastLast
    Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    I'm about to wrap up the first omnibus, and will begin the second when my comic order arrives in the next week. I feel like if Marvel released a third volume I'd probably go ahead and get it, but there would be a point where I would stop. I'm just not sure what it is yet. (Maybe around UXM 200ish)
    We will be lucky if we get a V3, nevermind making it to 200.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    So um, are we having two threads now? Thought the consensus was to use the more general collected editions thread with the proper subject title? Or is there going to be an extra thread we need to keep track of?
    I really hope not. Is anyone opposed to migrating from here?

Thanks to the person who made it - it's just, you know, practical.
    Last edited by invisiblegardener; 04-30-2014 at 08:03 PM.

I posted a link in the other thread that linked back to the old forum; you could save your avatar to your desktop and reupload here. Or was it in this thread...no time to check.

Edit-this post was for DantonR. I don't see a quote option on my tablet...
    Last edited by PrankT; 04-30-2014 at 08:10 PM. Reason: where are the quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    We will be lucky if we get a V3, nevermind making it to 200.
    Of course, but we dare to dream, eh?

There were doomsdayers that thought the line was ending in years past...so never say never. (That's my motto)

Would you recommend Cap Lives for someone who doesn't have the first 2 omni's? I got the Winter Soldier HC but read nothing beyond that.
    If it's continuity heavy I figure I'd just let it go.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 04-30-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    Of course, but we dare to dream, eh?

There were doomsdayers that thought the line was ending in years past...so never say never. (That's my motto)
    Oh, I agree but recent comments from Brevoort and related theorizing has got me a little pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    I posted a link in the other thread that linked back to the old forum; you could save your avatar to your desktop and reupload here. Or was it in this thread...no time to check.

Edit-this post was for DantonR. I don't see a quote option on my tablet...
    Thanks PrankT.

I'm on my tablet. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

I would have bought the UXM omnis but why bother? Eventually there will be an X-Men Epic line that eventually collects the entire thing in one format.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I struggle with Uncanny. Part of me feels like it's all done now that we have gotten past Byrne. Part of me wants them to keep making omni till the mutant massacre ohc. I really enjoyed some comics after Byrne left, and yet if Uncanny vol 2 is as far as they go I'm ok with it. I don't think the title was ever that good again. Even as a kid I stopped reading new uncanny in favor of Classic X-Men, then stopped those shortly after Byrne's run ended.
    Vol. 3 and 4 are actually the two I'm waiting for. Love the Claremont/Byrne stuff, but the Paul Smith and early JRJR issues have alway been my favorites. Really want that gap between Vol. 2 and Mutant Massacre filled.

What are the chances that Matt Fractions Fantastic Four and FF will get the OHC? Get them intermixed all 32 issues in one book.

CrazyOldHermit
    "I would have bought the UXM omnis but why bother? Eventually there will be an X-Men Epic line that eventually collects the entire thing in one format."

I almost agree, as I love the Epic format, but it's hard not to love oversize John Byrne art.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Vol. 3 and 4 are actually the two I'm waiting for. Love the Claremont/Byrne stuff, but the Paul Smith and early JRJR issues have alway been my favorites. Really want that gap between Vol. 2 and Mutant Massacre filled.
    If they make them I'm sure I'll probably buy them. Like I said I can see myself going up to the mutant massacre if they go that far. Beyond that point however and I am out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    and what's wrong with gushing over european comics?

on a marvel hardcover topic, i've been reading uncanny x-men vol 2 omnibus and have been enjoying it. it seems to me that byrne's art gets better with every issue. i like the plot of the stories and find them interesting, especially the dark phoenix issues, but i'm not a huge fan of claremont's scripts. the dialogue isn't bad, just too many word boxes.
    Ive enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm almost done with vol 1 and the only things I haven't really enjoyed are the Arcade issues (those typify most everything that was wrong with SA and BA comics for me) and some aspects of Proteus. His weakness is metal? Really, so his weakness is bullets. Ya know, like every other thing on the planet? I haven't finished the arc just yet so maybe its not that lame but seems like arming the x-men with sniper rifles would solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    and what's wrong with gushing over european comics?
    Hahaha. Nothing at all but I will admit it was pretty much a Euro comics thread. I felt like an uncultured swine if I ever brought up something as plebian as IDW or Image books.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Ive enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm almost done with vol 1 and the only things I haven't really enjoyed are the Arcade issues (those typify most everything that was wrong with SA and BA comics for me) and some aspects of Proteus. His weakness is metal? Really, so his weakness is bullets. Ya know, like every other thing on the planet? I haven't finished the arc just yet so maybe its not that lame but seems like arming the x-men with sniper rifles would solve the problem.
    ugh, i couldn't stand those arcade issues. he might be my least favorite comic character ever.
    formerly 'weeks'