Page 702 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 202602652692698699700701702703704705706712752802 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 17378

Star Wars omnibus binding is all good now.
    Last edited by Dr Strange; 02-07-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I was wondering does anyone own the frank miller daredevil omnibus and companion? the first print ones, not the new one with the all red spine.

Is the binding solid on it or shakey?

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    My town library has an outstanding collection of OHC, HC and TPBs. I make it a point to give them any material I have which is being replaced by a better format or a better collection. Or if I find something really great, for cheap, that I already have I make sure to snag them a copy. Feels like I am helping them curate the collection!
    That's a great thing to do but I never think to do so. The majority of my comics reading comes from my local library's collection of graphic novels, and after four years I've nearly exhausted nearly every single book of interest there. I have a few Vertigo, Wildstorm and Image titles left to finish (Sweet Tooth, Hellblazer, Walking Dead, Ex Machina, Wonder Woman, Sandman), but I am determined to finish by the summer. Then when I move out to uni, I'm sure I'll be able to find stacks more to read. And so it goes on.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by kesselrig View Post
    Tom Brevoort posted the following to his Tumblr page:

"Yo Tom, will Superior Foes of Spider-Man get an Omnibus HC sort of thing?
    Anonymous

I believe so, yes."
    Excellent. I've heard nothing but good stuff about this series. I will happily get this if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    That's a great thing to do but I never think to do so. The majority of my comics reading comes from my local library's collection of graphic novels, and after four years I've nearly exhausted nearly every single book of interest there. I have a few Vertigo, Wildstorm and Image titles left to finish (Sweet Tooth, Hellblazer, Walking Dead, Ex Machina, Wonder Woman, Sandman), but I am determined to finish by the summer. Then when I move out to uni, I'm sure I'll be able to find stacks more to read. And so it goes on.
    The only real qualification I put on it is that if, for some reason, they end up not putting it on the shelf to let me know and I would take them back. The idea of House of M or Civil War OHC going for $2 at a library sale would make me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by kesselrig View Post
    Tom Brevoort posted the following to his Tumblr page:

"Yo Tom, will Superior Foes of Spider-Man get an Omnibus HC sort of thing?
    Anonymous

I believe so, yes."
    Yay! Now I don't have to break down and get a dirty filthy TPB
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I was wondering does anyone own the frank miller daredevil omnibus and companion? the first print ones, not the new one with the all red spine.

I have both, and the reprint, too. Binding is solid but, being thick glued books, they won't lie flat, so you'll have to hold them a bit while reading.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I have both, and the reprint, too. Binding is solid but, being thick glued books, they won't lie flat, so you'll have to hold them a bit while reading.
    Oh good, I didn't want to hunt them both down and discover their binding was crappy. I want to read the frank miller run but the new omnibus is ugly as are the trades.

Now begins the long wait trying to find them for a decent price along with the silver surfer omni.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    Sounds nice, i don't trust his vague Magic 8 Ball response. It would look odd on most people's shelves unless they collect some of the other Slott material in OHC.
    Superior foes has nothing to do with Slott's Spider-Man.

But about the news itself:
    I'm pretty sceptical about it but if it were true I would be soooo happy. I was just about to bind my singles
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I know what you mean. It's frustrating having a Vol 2 without a Vol 1, even if they don't make sense to be numbered that way. The sequence of OHC/Omnis that tell the whole dismantling/rebuilding of the team saga is:

Mutant Massacre > Fall Of The Mutants > Inferno: Prologue > Inferno > Claremont/Lee Vol. 1 > X-Tinction Agenda > Claremont/Lee Vol. 2

The only remaining gap is a few issues between Mutant Massacre and Fall Of The Mutants. It all wraps up in the middle of Vol. 2. Then the 90s/Cartoon version of the team begins in that same volume with X-Men, and the Bishop's Crossing OHC covers the Uncanny issues. Basically, by Marvel feeling the need to make the Lee issues their own special thing, they made a mess out of those collections.
    No wonder i felt so frustrated.

I picked up Claremont/Lee vol. 1 and read the first 13-14 issues and HATED it.
    Which issue would you say starts the best consecutive 15-20 issue run in the era you mentioned?

I usually stop my reading of X-Men at #175 but sometimes make it up to #209 after which I don't appreciate the "tone/mood" of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    I usually stop my reading of X-Men at #175 but sometimes make it up to #209 after which I don't appreciate the "tone/mood" of the book.
    Yeah, Claremont starts getting really weird in the 200's. That book coasted on his reputation for years.

I've got both, have read them a couple of times each. One of the better glued bindings, opens pretty well and is very readable. It won't lay flat, but if you hold books in your hands while you read(or on your legs) like I do it's fine. They're quite nice Omnibus too.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I've got both, have read them a couple of times each. One of the better glued bindings, opens pretty well and is very readable. It won't lay flat, but if you hold books in your hands while you read(or on your legs) like I do it's fine. They're quite nice Omnibus too.
    I know from your shelf pics you've got the red spine ones, i'm trying to find the ones on the far left to match my other omnibuses.

Are they older editions or variants? I can't seem to find a proper answer anywhere =/

If they're just variants, that mean the only difference is dust jacket so I could just look into printing a dust jacket instead of paying twice as much.
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 02-07-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    No wonder i felt so frustrated.

I picked up Claremont/Lee vol. 1 and read the first 13-14 issues and HATED it.
    Which issue would you say starts the best consecutive 15-20 issue run in the era you mentioned?

Claremont should have walked away at # 201, which on the surface appeared to conclude what was started with issue # 94/Giant Size # 1. With the exception of an issue here and there, it pretty much turned to s@!* after that. In my opinion.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

I know from your shelf pics you've got the red spine ones, i'm trying to find the ones on the far left to match my other omnibuses.

Are they older editions or variants? I can't seem to find a proper answer anywhere =/

If they're just variants, that mean the only difference is dust jacket so I could just look into printing a dust jacket instead of paying twice as much.
    They're variants. I believe the red and black ones were the mass market editions. If I remember right someone on the Masterworks board actually printed up a new DJ for their reprint. Wish Marvel would hurry up and reprint the companion too.
    Miller was right.