Page 713 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 213613663703709710711712713714715716717723763813 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,695 of 17378
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Has anyone read the Hickman FF omnibuses? I want to read everything Inhumans related, but I don't really care for the fantastic four.

Are the Inhumans in those two omnibuses enough to make a purchase worthwhile?
    I haven't read really anything to do with the Inhumans outside of FF, so I'm sure others can give a better opinion, but they play quite a huge part in Vol. 2 from memory. Obviously the FF are the main focus, but the Inhumans make up a third of the plot.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Has anyone read the Hickman FF omnibuses? I want to read everything Inhumans related, but I don't really care for the fantastic four.

Hickman's run on FF is widely praised -- and rightly so. However, I don't seem to remember the Inhumans being a significant factor in that run in the way that they were in, say, Infinity, for example (though someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

The books tell a pretty incredible story though and are only hurt by a somewhat less than... fantastic ending -- though this could be b/c Marvel's plans for The Avengers took over.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

The only significant thing Hickman does with the Inhumans is a) bring them back from Kree space and b) Dissolves Ronan and Crystal's marriage.

Aside from that he does some stuff with 'Universal Inhumans' which just shows the Kree experimented on some other races, and gives Blackbolt an ego stroke as the King of all Inhumans. This plotline goes no where.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Not really, but the book is so ridiculously good its worth it anyway, Its the reason I'm an FF fan at all.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Hey guys, how long does it usually tae for an IST order to process and ship. I ordered 6 books Thursday night, and only four of them are marked as processed. Is that normal?
    Cyclops was right

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I also recommend Hickman's FF. It's a typical Hickman book so you can enjoy it whether or not you like the characters as it's very high concept.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I also recommend Hickman's FF. It's a typical Hickman book so you can enjoy it whether or not you like the characters as it's very high concept.
    Yes, Hickman really pays off in the Omnibus format. You get a very long continuous story that ebbs and flows for two Omnis. Thats good stuff. Technically, depending on his Secret Wars wrapup it may all be one continuous story.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Hey guys, how long does it usually tae for an IST order to process and ship. I ordered 6 books Thursday night, and only four of them are marked as processed. Is that normal?
    Depends on the 2 books not marked yet. Are they older books? Or more recent? If they're older, sometimes they (ironically enough) don't actually have them "in stock" and it can take a few days for them to get it in.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Odds are when you do an order that big (especially if you're getting not new books also) one or two books that they don't have on hand are being waited on. I don't think they actually keep much of their stock on hand and just order stuff from diamond and then ship it to you. A good rule of thumb is if it hasn't shipped in about a week shoot them an email as one of the books that isn't processed may actually be OOP and they haven't updated the site to reflect that yet.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Hi,

I was thinking about ordering from IST, using shipping to Europe (Barcelona, Spain).
    Anyone has any experience with them shipping international?
    And, if you know, are there any issues with customs?

Amazon usually passes through just fine.

Thank you.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I didn't pick it up (already have it in MMW and Omnibus), but from my understanding it will have the standard silver cover. This is what David Gabriel (Marvel's SVP of sales) replied back in March 2014 on the collectededitions.com site:

"CE SPOTLIGHT: The Masterworks volumes in the Famous Firsts slipcase will also be released separately (two a month) starting in January 2015. This shot in the arm to the Masterworks backlist indicates a priority to keep the old hardcovers in print.

DAVID: We’ve had a surge recently in Masterworks sales, with many editions making their way overseas into international territories, as well as a bit of an upsurge within the direct market. And to be clear, we’ll ONLY be doing new printings of the regular editions — the silver-and-black-jacketed versions, not the limited marble editions (those sought-after versions are long gone). But keep in mind the NEW Not Brand Echh edition will have both silver-and-black AND marble editions like any other new Masterworks HC!"
    Great! Thanks for the info Raffi!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by producte View Post
    Hi,

I was thinking about ordering from IST, using shipping to Europe (Barcelona, Spain).
    Anyone has any experience with them shipping international?
    And, if you know, are there any issues with customs?

Amazon usually passes through just fine.

Thank you.
    What do you want to know about IST's international shipping?
    I live in Asia and order exclusively from them and can't praise them enough.

My orders never got hold up by customs - I think books are fine

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    What do you want to know about IST's international shipping?
    I live in Asia and order exclusively from them and can't praise them enough.

My orders never got hold up by customs - I think books are fine
    Thank you for the reply. Yes, I wanted to know if packing resists the overseas trip and if they get trapped in customs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by producte View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Yes, I wanted to know if packing resists the overseas trip and if they get trapped in customs or not.

If you ever give them a try, please let us know how it goes - I'm fed up with Amazon's packaging, and their discounts haven't been that good lately.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Was able to snag the first Hickman Fantastic Four omnibus on Amazon (praying for good shipping). Do you guys think the second omnibus is in risk of going out of print? Marvel needs to start reprinting the OOP omnibuses in demand like the Punisher by Ennis or Uncanny X-Force.