Page 719 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 219619669709715716717718719720721722723729769819 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 17378
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    X-Men: Hunt for Xavier is such a random release. What is the thinking behind this TPB?

Does this mean we won't ever get these issues collected in an omnibus? What about the issues missed between Onslaught Omnibus, Zero Tolerance and this? What about the issues between this and Morrison?

I want to buy it but I hate double dipping.
    Hunt for Xavier fills the gap directly preceding Magneto: Rogue Nation, which still leaves a 15-issue UXM gap following Operation Zero Tolerance (and less in XM, whose OZT run extends longer).

There are a lot of small gaps left by the existing trades in post-Onslaught pre-Austen/NXM Uncanny. Because UXM and XMv2 cross over pretty consistently, most of them are opportunities for these quick hit, gap-filling titles with a semi-marketable theme.

Unless we get a Seagle/Kelly Omni, this is probably our best hope for getting the back halves of 300s and 00s of those two titles collected, respectively.
    Last edited by krisis; 02-17-2015 at 06:45 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Thanks for the help Joseph. Apparently Spectacular and FNSM were bannered as 'Spider-Man Unmasked', but were set during Civil War (explaining the title of the book). FNSM's unmasked stories were just collected in its ordinary Vol 2 trade.
    I was confused back when these came out as well, since I wasn't following the monthly (or bi-weekly?) title.

During the JMS era, the Amazing Spider-Man paperbacks were numbered up until Vol 10, Amazing Spider-Man: New Avengers.
    Then Spider-Man was involved in three consecutive events.

First was The Other, which I didn't really like other than Deodato Jr. and Wieringo's art in their respective titles. The Amazing Spider-Man: The Other paperback/OHC collected the Amazing and Marvel Knights titles, along with the newly-created Friendly Neighborhood. After that, Civil War happened and besides Amazing Spider-Man: Civil War, a Peter Parker-branded paperback was released, collecting only the Sensational title that was continuing the original Marvel Knights numbering.
    That OOP, white whale, Civil War: Spider-Man OHC collects both of these paperbacks.

And immediately after Civil War, just in time for Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3, Back in Black happened. Collection-wise, the Amazing Spider-Man: Back in Black paperback/OHC focused on the main series, while the Peter Parker Spider-Man: Back in Black paperback/OHC collected Sensational, Friendly Neighborhood and a very good Annual by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca.
    There were no more Peter Parker-branded collections after that one, to my knowledge.
    Last edited by JJ87; 02-17-2015 at 06:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Hunt for Xavier fills the gap directly preceding Magneto: Rogue Nation, which still leaves a 15-issue UXM gap following Operation Zero Tolerance (and less in XM, whose OZT run extends longer).

There are a lot of small gaps left by the existing trades in post-Onslaught pre-Austen/NXM Uncanny. Because UXM and XMv2 cross over pretty consistently, most of them are opportunities for these quick hit, gap-filling titles with a semi-marketable theme.

Unless we get a Seagle/Kelly Omni, this is probably our best hope for getting the back halves of 300s and 00s of those two titles collected, respectively.
    It was an odd time for the X-Men (post onslaught and pre morrison). No real coherent storytelling or creative team and the two main books seemed to be one.

But still, nostalgia and all that make me want to have them.

Do you think they'll start reprinting or putting out new editions of Rogue Nation/Shattering/The Twelve etc?
    The current ones are quite old and would make a nice pre-morrison omnibus.
    OZT omnibus was released so oddly though. Everything seems messed up now because of it.

Anyone read the Amazing Spider-Man Who Am I infinite comic? Wondering if the HC that out this week is worth grabbing. Of course I won't be able to read the damn thing until after Superior vol 3 drops.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I was confused back when these came out as well, since I wasn't following the monthly (or bi-weekly?) title.

During the JMS era, the Amazing Spider-Man paperbacks were numbered up until Vol 10, Amazing Spider-Man: New Avengers.
    Then Spider-Man was involved in three consecutive events.

First was The Other, which I didn't really like other than Deodato Jr. and Wieringo's art in their respective titles. The Amazing Spider-Man: The Other paperback/OHC collected the Amazing and Marvel Knights titles, along with the newly-created Friendly Neighborhood. After that, Civil War happened and besides Amazing Spider-Man: Civil War, a Peter Parker-branded paperback was released, collecting only the Sensational title that was continuing the original Marvel Knights numbering.
    That OOP, white whale, Civil War: Spider-Man OHC collects both of these paperbacks.

And immediately after Civil War, just in time for Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3, Back in Black happened. Collection-wise, the Amazing Spider-Man: Back in Black paperback/OHC focused on the main series, while the Peter Parker Spider-Man: Back in Black paperback/OHC collected Sensational, Friendly Neighborhood and a very good Annual by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca.
    There were no more Peter Parker-branded collections after that one, to my knowledge.
    I remember buying ASM and SSM during the Back in Black era. I might pick up the PP:SM Back in Black book to, especially considering that it has some FNSM issues that I haven't read. I know that FNSM has two trades of its own-Derailed and Mystery Date, before it just converges into Back in Black and OMD. Apparently the PP:SM Back in Black trade also has 2 issues of 'Spider-Man Family' as well. What happens in that series?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Ultimate Marvel Omnibus Vol. 1 Cover:

Marvel Firsts: The 1990 Omnibus cover:

I won't be purchasing either.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 02-18-2015 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Marvel Firsts Omnibus - featuring Warlock and Infinity Watch #2!

Bastards are never going to give me #1 oversized!
    This could be a mistake. If you check out the Omnibus cover, the cover of Warlock & the Infinity Watch #1 is featured on the bottom. Maybe this is their sneaky way of making us buy this Omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Anyone read the Amazing Spider-Man Who Am I infinite comic? Wondering if the HC that out this week is worth grabbing. Of course I won't be able to read the damn thing until after Superior vol 3 drops.
    I picked up the FCBD comic which had all of issue #1. I didn't like the art or writing as they seemed extremely infantile as does the whole premise.

You can check out a quick preview here. Maybe it picks up and you might like it. I didn't.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 02-18-2015 at 01:31 AM.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Exactly! What gives?

I picked up the FCBD comic which had all of issue #1. I didn't like the art or writing as they seemed extremely infantile as does the whole premise.

You can check out a quick preview here. Maybe it picks up and you might like it. I didn't.
    Whcih FCBD issue had Who Am I in it?

Also, I really don't like that Ultimate Omnibus cover. It's really badly edited. Honestly,I would have just preferred an image of all the Ultimate heroes taken from another series, or the cover to The Ultimates #1 instead of this strange-looking cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Whcih FCBD issue had Who Am I in it?

Also, I really don't like that Ultimate Omnibus cover. It's really badly edited. Honestly,I would have just preferred an image of all the Ultimate heroes taken from another series, or the cover to The Ultimates #1 instead of this strange-looking cover.
    I don't think it was exactly a FCBD per se, but you could order it from your comic retailer for free along with any order. Check with them if they still have copies.

This is the write up:

Amazing Spider-Man Who Am I? (2014) #1
    Written by Dan Slott, and Joshua Hale Fialkov. Art by Juan Bobillo, and Antonio Fabela. Cover by Pasqual Ferry. From Marvel Comics. Spider-Man wakes up with no idea of who he is -- but he's robbing a bank! To help build excitement for the return of Peter Parker, Marvel is pleased to announce that The Amazing Spider-Man: Who Am I? #1, a promotional comic starring the original web-slinger, is now available to order for free. Taking place within the current continuity of Dan Slott's Spider-Man run, no retailer can afford to miss this exciting opportunity to introduce readers into the world of the Amazing Spider-Man! 28 pages, full color.

This was the cover:

This could be a mistake. If you check out the Omnibus cover, the cover of Warlock & the Infinity Watch #1 is featured on the bottom. Maybe this is their sneaky way of making us buy this Omnibus?
    wouldn't that be collected in a "The Infinity War" Omnibus?
    (and since there will be a movie with that title…)

Ultimate Marvel Omnibus Vol. 1 Cover:

Marvel Firsts: The 1990 Omnibus cover:

I won't be purchasing either.

Two superb candidates for worst Omnibus covers ever.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'll probably end up getting the Ultimate Marvel omnibus for one of my nephews.

If the 90's omnibus followed the same format as the Ultimate one, and had the first arcs as opposed to first issue/appearance, then I would probably bite. As it is though, big pass.

BANNED

That 1990s Omnibus has my name on it! With all those #1s in 1 book, all of my kids can go thru College in 'murrica.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    That 1990s Omnibus has my name on it! With all those #1s in 1 book, all of my kids can go thru College in 'murrica.
    Hahaha

Some folks at Marvel must have a great sense of humor to dredge up a lot of that 90s content.

Enough time has passed where everyone can look back at how disastrous the whole Scarlet Spider BS was and probably smile b/c, since then, we have had a lot of great Spider-Man stories. But still, why would you want to remind people about it? Again, only a twisted sense of humor... (and holy what the heck is the Scarlet Spider wearing there, that blue thing... is there a name for that in the fashion biz?)

And POUCHES people, POUCHES!!
    And... Gambit is still the worst character of all time (had to do it -- he's on the cover).

I have the first two Stan Lee and Kirby FF omnibus...the second volume being really good as far as building the Marvel universe goes. Does the upcoming 3rd volume continue the upward trend in quality or does it start to tail off?