Page 767 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 267667717757763764765766767768769770771777817867 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,505 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Perhaps because they already did that with Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF run? Two series that eventually ran alongside each other, put in back & forth order in the second omnibus.

*I'm not sure they'll release it like this either, since they're going the OHC route currently, but I can see where the idea is coming from.
    I'm going for the OHCs on this one - easier to read, and I don't want another unfinished series in omnibus form ala Bendis' New Avengers, so I'll just get all the OHCs and be fine. If issues overlap with Infinity OHC, not ideal, but so it goes.
    I haven't read Vol 2 of FF so correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that NA and Avengers cover two different teams and different tones who's stories converge after awhile whereas his FF books cover the same team in a central story line. If that is true then I could easily see why Marvel would collect FF in two omnibus volumes and collect Avengers NA separately.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    But I wish I could find one of the Danger Girl absolutes. As well as both Authority Absolutes. I would consider paying for a hardcover Darkness Compendium volume 1, but only if it's never been opened as it's made like crap.

Also Bendis' Daredevil omnis. Which I wouldn't pay crazy prices for either but I do have money set aside if I ever find them.
    I thought about going for the DG Absolute, but instead got the Image OHC. No slipcase or 2nd book, but it's still the same size and has the same issues, and I got it for $50 off ebay last month.

Oh yeah, and I blew budget on the Authority volumes a couple of years ago. Still kept them when DC issued the new, smaller HCs because I loved the art.

Actually after all I said, one book I would pay good money for is X-Men 1 Kirby in great condition.

But I wish I could find one of the Danger Girl absolutes. As well as both Authority Absolutes. I would consider paying for a hardcover Darkness Compendium volume 1, but only if it's never been opened as it's made like crap.

Also Bendis' Daredevil omnis. Which I wouldn't pay crazy prices for either but I do have money set aside if I ever find them.
    I'd be willing to sell you my Bendis DD omnibi when I'm done reading them.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I'd be willing to sell you my Bendis DD omnibi when I'm done reading them.
    We'll talk.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Just curiosity what is that "one" book you would be willing to top $300 for? (For anyone not just you canucked)
    I have done it once I paid $320 for xmen omni 1 Kirby cover.
    They haven't made the book I'd pay $300 for. The most I ever paid was $160 and it wasn't a Marvel book.

BANNED

If someone is asking a lot for them they're not being realistic. Wait it out and they'll repost the sale for cheaper when no one wants any Xmen OHC for 80 bucks.

I don't even think many copies of inferno sell for the internets prices, but it couldn't say for sure. Maybe suckers out there are paying 300 for it. Dont get me wrong. I bought expensive books, and have have a savings account set aside for when I find some of them. There are some books I'd pay top dollar for, but not Xmen. You can almost always find it cheap.
    x-men inferno is one of the rarest ohc's out there.
    every ebay listing is a bidding war and is never cheaper than $200.
    it hasnt even appeared on uk ebay since last november. im desperate for a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    x-men inferno is one of the rarest ohc's out there.
    every ebay listing is a bidding war and is never cheaper than $200.
    it hasnt even appeared on uk ebay since last november. im desperate for a copy.
    It's not on .ca now either so I have no real frame of reference. But I think most people who want it are unwilling to pay those prices. Some collectors just have money to burn. You should see the amazon.ca prices. It's gross. I'm sure you'll track it down one day though, it's not a bad book by any means. May even get some kind of reprint one day.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    They haven't made the book I'd pay $300 for. The most I ever paid was $160 and it wasn't a Marvel book.
    Just out of curiosity, what was the book you paid $160 for?
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Just finished Uncanny Avengers and I think that everything that DOES NOT have the Red Skull in it, is fantastic. I was worried about halfway through that it was going to become another escape from the evil time line where mutants are slaves or that it would become a regurgitation of UXF but it was it's own story that surprised me and had some great beats in it. One of my favorite reads in a while. My only complaint is the art.

It looked like Acuna was being heavily rushed towards the end and Larroca's art was worse than usual. It's disappointing that it jumps so quickly into the Red Skull story line. They should have had everything from issue 23 onward in the Axis hardcover.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Just curiosity what is that "one" book you would be willing to top $300 for? (For anyone not just you canucked)
    I have done it once I paid $320 for xmen omni 1 Kirby cover.
    I've never paid more than 200% cover price on anything so far aside from a few inflated X-Men TPBs that were still pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things. My top expenditures have been:

- Tomb of Dracula Omni (I can't even remember if it was Vol. 1 or 2, but either way totally worth what I paid; zero regrets.)
    - Wonder Woman Archives Vol. 6 (This was short-printed and went OOP quickly. This is the one book I admit I vastly overpaid for.)
    - Avengers Assemble OHC Vol. 2 (I have no regrets even now that I could buy an Omni for the same price!)
    - New X-Men OHC Vol. 3 (I'm happy I have this versus the huge omni - it's was pricey, but perfect for my reading habits.)

Tomb and X-Men were, "I've set a budget that is not unreasonable, and if I find them for that I'll pay up." Wonder Woman and Avengers were, "I have a beautiful set of every volume but this one all acquired mega-cheap, so I'm willing to be insane this once."

I honestly think I'm out of things to pay any kind of premium on now that Epics are getting me into the MMW lines I never bought (and, I really almost pulled the trigger on Spider-Man, at some point). My eBay saved searches list is down to Criminal Vol. 2 (not super-important to me) and that freaking Toxin TPB of which there is only ever a few copies on sale no cheaper than $50.
    Last edited by krisis; 03-12-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Just finished Uncanny Avengers and I think that everything that DOES NOT have the Red Skull in it, is fantastic. I was worried about halfway through that it was going to become another escape from the evil time line where mutants are slaves or that it would become a regurgitation of UXF but it was it's own story that surprised me and had some great beats in it. One of my favorite reads in a while. My only complaint is the art.

It looked like Acuna was being heavily rushed towards the end and Larroca's art was worse than usual. It's disappointing that it jumps so quickly into the Red Skull story line. They should have had everything from issue 23 onward in the Axis hardcover.
    The original TPB which contained #23-25 was called Axis Prelude (it also contained the Magneto lead-ins too). Considering how much material was put into the Original Sin, Age of Ultron and Infinity HCs, they should have definitely put the Prelude book in (but maybe leave out the UA Annual).
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I'd even get a full boxed set a la Secret Wars just to get that Spider-Man OHC. One is going for $300+ right now
    It finished with 40+ bids and sold for $350.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I haven't read Vol 2 of FF so correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that NA and Avengers cover two different teams and different tones who's stories converge after awhile whereas his FF books cover the same team in a central story line. If that is true then I could easily see why Marvel would collect FF in two omnibus volumes and collect Avengers NA separately.
    Only at the beginning, for well over a year now the two books have been almost interchangeable, and since Time Runs Out started they're both pretty much the same book dropping all pretences of being separate 'teams' and they definitely don't have different tones.

It's all one story. It's all interwoven, and other than the first arc or so of Avengers, it all has a pretty similar tone too. The last year's worth will NEED to be bundled in the same book or else they'll make no sense. Pretty much everything after Infinity might as well be the same book for all intents and purposes. I've been reading them as they come out.

It's really directly comparable to Fantastic Four/FF. It's the exact same style of back and forth interwoven story, maybe even MORE interwoven than FF. You just can't read one and ignore the other other than the very first few issues leading into Infinity. I mean, you could, but you'd be missing a vast amount of information and you'd quickly get lost.

Just read the 1st arc in the Hickman FF vol 1 omni and I have to say its going to save me some cash as I won't be getting vol 2, its so boring, I'm not sure if it's the writing or the chatacters, I admit to reading very little FF, I had an ultimates HC a long while ago which I found bored me to tears and this is doing the same, is it Hickman or the FF?

Quote Originally Posted by zachalia View Post
    Only at the beginning, for well over a year now the two books have been almost interchangeable, and since Time Runs Out started they're both pretty much the same book dropping all pretences of being separate 'teams' and they definitely don't have different tones.

It's all one story. It's all interwoven, and other than the first arc or so of Avengers, it all has a pretty similar tone too. The last year's worth will NEED to be bundled in the same book or else they'll make no sense. Pretty much everything after Infinity might as well be the same book for all intents and purposes. I've been reading them as they come out.

It's really directly comparable to Fantastic Four/FF. It's the exact same style of back and forth interwoven story, maybe even MORE interwoven than FF. You just can't read one and ignore the other other than the very first few issues leading into Infinity. I mean, you could, but you'd be missing a vast amount of information and you'd quickly get lost.
    The time runs out HCs collect both series together, I'd imagine either OHC or Omnibus would follow suit.