Page 790 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 290690740780786787788789790791792793794800840890 ... LastLast
Results 11,836 to 11,850 of 17378
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I've had a look at krisis's guide but wanted to double check to see if this is right:

Matt Fraction's Uncanny collection -
    If I buy the 3 paperbacks, I'll miss out on X-Men Legacy 226-227 as the Utopia hardback is the only place to get that?
    But if I buy the first TPB and then go with Utopia HC and Nation X hardcover, I'll miss out Uncanny X-Men 512?

I prefer hardcover edition, is there a way to collect everything without double dipping?
    If krisis doesn't have it listed probably doesn't exist. You said you were looking at the legacy hc run so that would cover those missing issues. The question is how bad do you want 512 in a collected format. I have personally opted for the ohc route hoping that eventually all of uxm will eventually get this treatment (I know it's unlikely please don't crush my dreams).

Edit: just looked those legacy issues only in utopia I get the dilemma now.
    Last edited by Brewman; 03-20-2015 at 08:23 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I've had a look at krisis's guide but wanted to double check to see if this is right:

Matt Fraction's Uncanny collection -
    If I buy the 3 paperbacks, I'll miss out on X-Men Legacy 226-227 as the Utopia hardback is the only place to get that?
    But if I buy the first TPB and then go with Utopia HC and Nation X hardcover, I'll miss out Uncanny X-Men 512?

I prefer hardcover edition, is there a way to collect everything without double dipping?
    I did this (thanks Krisis):
    Matt Fraction vol. 1 (#500-511) < Manifest Destiny (#500-503) + Lovelorn (#504-507) + Sisterhood (#508-512)

Just a bit of a hassle to track down but MD is in HC and i don't miss out issue #512

Incredible Member

I would love to see pics of the Rage of Ultron OGN. I've been dying to see Opena's work.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I'm looking forward to Rage of Ultron too. Also there's a second Thanks OGN coming out this year, which Thanos VS Hulk is leading into. Talking of Thanos VS Hulk, the TPB also includes Warlock #12. Does anyone know why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I would love to see pics of the Rage of Ultron OGN. I've been dying to see Opena's work.
    CBR posted some preview images that Marvel released a couple of months ago.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=25349
    Last edited by Mighty Roman; 03-21-2015 at 01:15 AM.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Can anyone tell me where the Age of Ultron story fits chronologically? Is it necessary to read it with Hickman's run or is it part of Bendis second Avengers run?

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    Can anyone tell me where the Age of Ultron story fits chronologically? Is it necessary to read it with Hickman's run or is it part of Bendis second Avengers run?
    It was intended to be published during Bendis' 2nd Avengers run, but was pushed back. The story was eventually published in 2013, (and begins during the 7th month of Marvel NOW). It has nothing to do with Hickman's saga, and can be read pretty much anywhere, but if you want to read it directly when it is set, it is set after issue 7 of the original Marvel NOW titles. However, it sets up Avengers AI if you plan to read that.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

I'm in a bit of a dilemma over the Busiek/Perez Avengers omnibus.

I have all the OHC's (1 & 2 are still sealed as I picked them up for £10 each at a book fair). I'm rapidly running out of room and was thinking of flipping the OHC's on ebay and getting the omnibus as it may take up less room.

What do you guys think?

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Maybe I'm just a pessimist - and probably because I think Remender's Avengers sucks - but do you really think that if you aren't crazy about his recent Avengers work that he's going to miraculously turn it around with a throw away OGN?
    Just finished it this morning. It's a solid read -- something Axis, for example, was not. Opena's art is v. good.

Further, this book explores (and I don't think I'm spoiling anything here) the Pym / Ultron dynamic in a more interesting way than, say, Age of Ultron did towards the end.

Anyway, as I said earlier, easily the best OGN so far.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma over the Busiek/Perez Avengers omnibus.

I have all the OHC's (1 & 2 are still sealed as I picked them up for £10 each at a book fair). I'm rapidly running out of room and was thinking of flipping the OHC's on ebay and getting the omnibus as it may take up less room.

What do you guys think?
    Just for ease of reading I'd say keep the OHCs. But the first omni also comes w/ Avengers Forever so there's that to consider...

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    Just finished it this morning. It's a solid read -- something Axis, for example, was not. Opena's art is v. good.

Further, this book explores (and I don't think I'm spoiling anything here) the Pym / Ultron dynamic in a more interesting way than, say, Age of Ultron did towards the end.

Anyway, as I said earlier, easily the best OGN so far.

Glad you liked it, but no more Remender for me. I actually haven't really been that impressed with the OGNs anyway.

Glad you liked it, but no more Remender for me. I actually haven't really been that impressed with the OGNs anyway.
    Agreed. Some of the OGNs have been good, and enjoyable. But they aren't telling anything new, or even compelling. The ideas are too safe and are seem like giant-sized "What if...?" stories.

I want someone to write one that is wild, and creative. Take marvel characters, doesn't even have to effect continuity, and tell something new.

But really, I read marvel for marvel and superheroes, and go elsewhere for new graphic novel ideas.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    Just for ease of reading I'd say keep the OHCs. But the first omni also comes w/ Avengers Forever so there's that to consider...
    The OHCs are missing some crossover issues that were fixed with the TPB/Omni release.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't have pics, but it is better than the OHCs for the most part. The OHCs eliminated all the cover text - even from covers with dialogue, without which the covers don't make sense - and a lot of the footnotes and "next issue" tags. These are restored in the Omnibus (I think the TPBs restored them too) and, as usual with Marvel, it features the original covers with the full text and logo. Also, a couple of issues had reproduction problems in the OHC that are fixed here - issue #11 looked rather bad for some reason in the OHC but looks better here.

"Avengers Forever" seems mostly the same as before, but they've restored the credits pages.

There are also some extras this time around that weren't there before, mostly in the form of articles from in-house Marvel magazines about the Avengers relaunch and the "Live Kree Or Die" crossover, and also a couple of essays reprinted from the letters pages, though the original letters pages themselves are not included.
    The thing with the covers: that's correct. Just checked with my OHCs again. But...I find that not a big thing. It's not a first page of the comic and story elements are missing or something. On the plus side you even have the art without any text bubbles. I will say I would have liked them as closely reproduced as the singles, so the Omnibus is better in that respect. But it's ok as it is in the OHCs.
    For me the OHCs are way better to read and the paper is much much nicer and all in all the better presentation, even with the slight flaws and the glued binding.

Avengers: Endless Wartime was so awful it turned me off from the entire line. Rage of Ultron has caught my interest but I'm still not going to to take a chance, especially with so many great releases left this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Agreed. Some of the OGNs have been good, and enjoyable. But they aren't telling anything new, or even compelling. The ideas are too safe and are seem like giant-sized "What if...?" stories.

I want someone to write one that is wild, and creative. Take marvel characters, doesn't even have to effect continuity, and tell something new.

But really, I read marvel for marvel and superheroes, and go elsewhere for new graphic novel ideas.

100 percent agree. They should take a few chances with these stories. Personally I think they should effect continuity, maybe not drastically, but make them count without making them some big ass event.