Page 8 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Hahaha. Nothing at all but I will admit it was pretty much a Euro comics thread. I felt like an uncultured swine if I ever brought up something as plebian as IDW or Image books.
    I know right? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Now where were we before we were so rudely interrupted earlier today?
    Actually laughed when I saw this. Seriously, what the hell happened?
    Got my UXMV2 onmni in the mail today, in perfect condition.
    Happy to see that, specially considering how much my XMV1 would seem to be going for these days. Jeez that's allot of money for a book. lol
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

What are people expecting to see in the sep-dec solicits from the Hatchette catalogue ?

Hahaha. Nothing at all but I will admit it was pretty much a Euro comics thread. I felt like an uncultured swine if I ever brought up something as plebian as IDW or Image books.
    I felt so out of place there I stopped browsing for the exact reasons you mention.

Hey guys, was quite surprised that the threads no longer existed when I jumped on the ipad this morning. Nor my login/avatar etc lol

I'm busy recreating the DC thread here so it can be preserved as apparently the old forums are disappearing completely in a week or something. Its taking a bit of editing but should be done reasonably soon.

A Collected editions sub forum would be great, hope we get one.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    For anyone who actually owns one of the Epic Trades, how are they quality wise?

I see a Moon Knight Epic solicited for October. Assuming it is from the 80's series. Very excited to see the first volume finally being collected.
    They're great!

Got the Daredevil Fall From Grace one delivered yesterday.

Each volume is 400 - 500 pages. They have a perfect (glued) binding that looks pretty sturdy.
    The paper is matte and thinner than newsprint. It seems perfectly fine. The books are about 3/4" thick whereas Essentials are 1" or so.

The quality of the printing seems good and the colours are vibrant. Hard to see how they they could have made them any better.

The only problem is (somebody already mentioned, who was it again?) they are expensive for what they are. This one is £33.99 cover price in the UK, would you believe that is 57.39 USD!
    The price I paid was £22.09 on amazon.co.uk which is 37.3 USD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

More pics:

I'm really looking forward to starting this today.

Never read any post Frank Miller Elektra before, apart from a bit in the ultimate universe.

Hope it's not a disappointment!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Internet-man View Post
    Seriously, what the hell happened?
    this happened:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52513

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    ugh, i couldn't stand those arcade issues. he might be my least favorite comic character ever.
    Same here, right till Avengers arena. He's one of my favorites now

Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    So um, are we having two threads now? Thought the consensus was to use the more general collected editions thread with the proper subject title? Or is there going to be an extra thread we need to keep track of?
    Yes it would be a lot better if we genericized everything more, wouldn't it. So we just have a"Collected edition thread" that covered absolutely everything marvel prints other than floppies, and just one more thread to cover floppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    For anyone who actually owns one of the Epic Trades, how are they quality wise?

I see a Moon Knight Epic solicited for October. Assuming it is from the 80's series. Very excited to see the first volume finally being collected.
    How was that Moon knight series? I will probably pick up the Essential vol 2 to check it out (I don't have issues with the b&w art), but I usually have problems with oldschool street level stuff (I didn't like Knightfall or Miller's original DD for example) but I really liked Moon knight in WCA.

Happy to see this is back. The Roman numerals in the thread title make me smile!

Just got my AoA Companion - flipping through it and discovering a lot of stories I have forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I would have bought the UXM omnis but why bother? Eventually there will be an X-Men Epic line that eventually collects the entire thing in one format.
    But by that time, those Epics will cost twice as much per page as an omnibus does now and they'll be standard size, glue-bound and have a lousy paperback cover.

Ive enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm almost done with vol 1 and the only things I haven't really enjoyed are the Arcade issues (those typify most everything that was wrong with SA and BA comics for me) and some aspects of Proteus. His weakness is metal? Really, so his weakness is bullets. Ya know, like every other thing on the planet? I haven't finished the arc just yet so maybe its not that lame but seems like arming the x-men with sniper rifles would solve the problem.
    I'm pretty sure that happens in the 1990s. Let's not forget the ammo pouches!

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    But by that time, those Epics will cost twice as much per page as an omnibus does now and they'll be standard size, glue-bound and have a lousy paperback cover.
    Maybe so, but an omnibus then will cost four times as much as an omnibus does now.