Page 809 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 309709759799805806807808809810811812813819859909 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,135 of 17378
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    Is the binding on the stand omnibus as bad as I've heard? I have both dark tower omnis and would like to have the stand next to them on shelf, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to spend that kind of money on a book that's going to fall apart
    It totes came unglued for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    What does everyone think about the upcoming Giant-Size X-Men 40th Anniversary HC?

The issues that interest me the most here, are having Deadly Genesis in hardcover paper. I really liked that story.
    Meh. According to Amazon, it's not even an OHC (which is somewhat silly, given that it's got the words "Giant-Size" in its title, albeit for a different reason). If you want Deadly Genesis in HC, you might as well get the original HC, which is also premiere-sized and goes for very little money. Plus chances are that the paper in the original HC is thicker - but again: only if the dimensions given on Amazon are correct.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 04-01-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

What does everyone think about the upcoming Giant-Size X-Men 40th Anniversary HC?

The issues that interest me the most here, are having Deadly Genesis in hardcover paper. I really liked that story.
    It's quite rare for there to be a release that I already own everything collected but in trades. So no interest to me.

Also, poor Angel on that cover. They just slapped the logo right over him.

BANNED

It's true that I'm not really interested in most of it but Forbidden Planet had a pre-order price of £20 which I thought was quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    How long until the Epics aren't on the menu as the Flavor of the Month anymore either?
    Not until they spread the line thin and progression slows to a crawl. Lucky that can't happen with epics as the brand is only for the titles that were there from the start of Marvel and ran for many decades.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    First two Punisher by Rucka trades seem to be oop judging from the Amazon prices. I would welcome an Omnibus for the Rucka run, but I guess a Complete/Ultimate Collection is closer to reality...
    I wouldn't even hold your breath for that. It wasn't a high selling run (dropped to TPB only after the first HC) and Marvel really seemed to want Rucka off the book by the end of the run. The four TPBs (or the first HC and subsequent 3 TPBs) are probably the best you'll be able to do unless Rucka really hits it off with Marvel again.
    Rucka's run was a thing of beauty though and if it ever did get wholly collected it would make for a nice OHC/Omni. I'd get one first chance.
    Punisher #1-16
    Punisher War Zone #1-5
    include the ASM and DD crossover stories about obtaining The Omega Drive and that's a nice 23 issue OHC/Omni.

Marvel wanted to add Punisher to their relaunching Marvel Now title of Thunderbolts and Rucka either didn't want to account for that in his stories or Marvel just didn't want conflicting versions of him on the stand? And not in a Max vs 616 type conflict. That's what I gathered from stories on the sites. While true it wasn't a hot seller, in truth, Punisher as a title has a core following and his fan base allows his book to typically stay just high enough above the margins to continue. Look at the current Edmondson run for that, a run that's also really good set inside 616 MU.

I'd say our best bet for a Rucka OHC/Omni might be a TV show or movie but that didn't get us anything for Daredevil so who knows.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Not until they spread the line thin and progression slows to a crawl. Lucky that can't happen with epics as the brand is only for the titles that were there from the start of Marvel and ran for many decades.
    Did you forget to use the little winkie guy ;-)? Because they've got quite a few new lines since they've started.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I love the reused Alex Ross cover, and Deadly Genesis was a good story, but it's the lamest idea for a collection ever. It's like putting X-Men #1, Professor Xavier and the X-Men #1, Children of the Atom, X-Men: Mythos and X-Men: Season One into one collection. Overly repetetive and with a lack of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Rucka's run was a thing of beauty though and if it ever did get wholly collected it would make for a nice OHC/Omni. I'd get one first chance.
    Punisher #1-16
    Punisher War Zone #1-5
    include the ASM and DD crossover stories about obtaining The Omega Drive and that's a nice 23 issue OHC/Omni.

Marvel wanted to add Punisher to their relaunching Marvel Now title of Thunderbolts and Rucka either didn't want to account for that in his stories or Marvel just didn't want conflicting versions of him on the stand? And not in a Max vs 616 type conflict. That's what I gathered from stories on the sites. While true it wasn't a hot seller, in truth, Punisher as a title has a core following and his fan base allows his book to typically stay just high enough above the margins to continue. Look at the current Edmondson run for that, a run that's also really good set inside 616 MU.

I'd say our best bet for a Rucka OHC/Omni might be a TV show or movie but that didn't get us anything for Daredevil so who knows.
    Everyone needs to give Rucka's run a lot more attention. I like what Edmonson's doing, but it doesn't compare to Rucka's - the best run in years.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Did you forget to use the little winkie guy ;-)? Because they've got quite a few new lines since they've started.
    Yeah I didn't think of using ;-) but I was very much joking about the state of the line. I have a problem with the complete change of mission statement. Moon Knight was the top selling Epic so we already have another one solicited even though the original plan was to never include titles with small runs like Moon Knight or Iron Fist ect.. it was Stated it would be just for the really long running ones they would add X-men Daredevil and Hulk at some point.

But why was Moon Knight the best seller? Maybe because it's a Small run started from the his first issues, now vol 2 looks to be picking right up with the original solo title run. Even more reason to buy vol 2 and pick up the first if you were on the fence. It's the first color trades for these Moon Knight issues, and his first title considered the best Moon Knight by many. A lot of the main line epic choices were hardly ideal reprinting stuff that is already available in trade or not popular runs of issues. Certainly not going in chronological order but instead jumping around. Look at the FF you can get the first 18 issues any number of ways and the other 3 volumes are... Better they reprinted 70's and 80's not covered by masterworks. The Simonson volume is probably the most high profile, but again it had JUST been reprinted.

I fear Marvel will look at the sales of these Short runs, and be encouraged to dilute it even more.

Yeah I didn't think of using ;-) but I was very much joking about the state of the line. I have a problem with the complete change of mission statement. Moon Knight was the top selling Epic so we already have another one solicited even though the original plan was to never include titles with small runs like Moon Knight or Iron Fist ect.. it was Stated it would be just for the really long running ones they would add X-men Daredevil and Hulk at some point.

But why was Moon Knight the best seller? Maybe because it's a Small run started from the his first issues, now vol 2 looks to be picking right up with the original solo title run. Even more reason to buy vol 2 and pick up the first if you were on the fence. It's the first color trades for these Moon Knight issues, and his first title considered the best Moon Knight by many. A lot of the main line epic choices were hardly ideal reprinting stuff that is already available in trade or not popular runs of issues. Certainly not going in chronological order but instead jumping around. Look at the FF you can get the first 18 issues any number of ways and the other 3 volumes are... Better they reprinted 70's and 80's not covered by masterworks. The Simonson volume is probably the most high profile, but again it had JUST been reprinted.

I fear Marvel will look at the sales of these Short runs, and be encouraged to dilute it even more.
    So long as they up the # of Epics released, I'm okay with it. I have the feeling they're taking books they might have released/re-released anyways, and slapped the "Epic Collection" branding on them, which is fine. The rub will be if they stick to 1 per month, then those of us who were getting the main core titles will feel gypped as we were used to getting 2 Iron Man's a year, 2 Caps, 2 Avengers, etc... and with the extra stuff thrown in, that would put it all out of whack.

At least the Star Wars Epics don't seem to fall in line with the 1 per month history, so that they're an additional line almost, just with the "epic" slapped on them. And I'm getting all the SW ones, so I'm really excited for the quick release schedule on those.

On the bright side, the short runs like Iron Fist, Ant-Man, Power Man/Iron Fist will be over fairly quickly. We'll have to see how these shake out, and while nothing officially has said "1 release per month" as far as I know, that's how they've been doing it, except when they released all those vol 1's for the 75 anniversary. Hopefully that'll change. I would bet if they released 2 Epics per month, a lot of people would be very happy.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Amazing Member

Has Marvel released how each of the Epic lines will map to the Volume #s they've been giving them? I would love to just see a breakdown of each title into separate volumes.

If not, has anyone speculated how each title will be broken into volumes?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm holding out that Marvel sees this Moon Knight love and down the road, when the EPICS are maybe OOP, they will finally do the MK OMNI so many of us have been asking for. I see the EPIC as a stop gap measure. I'm hedging my bets and not thus not diving into the EPIC line. Keep my shelf OMNI focused.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by joesephed View Post
    Has Marvel released how each of the Epic lines will map to the Volume #s they've been giving them? I would love to just see a breakdown of each title into separate volumes.

If not, has anyone speculated how each title will be broken into volumes?
    Each epic collection collects roughly 20 issues +/- a few. Knowing that the first volume of Daredevil prior to the Marvel Knights relaunch lasts 21 Epic volumes means you could probably map out his entire epic collection by looking at when the major writing runs were and then try to section them off into 20ish issues. But I have no idea how or if Marvel will include something like The Man Without Fear or if they'll exclude it because it was its own mini-series.
    Last edited by kodave; 04-01-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm holding out that Marvel sees this Moon Knight love and down the road, when the EPICS are maybe OOP, they will finally do the MK OMNI so many of us have been asking for. I see the EPIC as a stop gap measure. I'm hedging my bets and not thus not diving into the EPIC line. Keep my shelf OMNI focused.
    Snap! That's my plan also, with the exception of the Daredevil Epics which I can always upgrade.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Anyone else find it strange that the Fantastic Four Volume 3 omnibus only take us up to #93, when they could have run up to #102 and just completed the Lee/Kirby run?

Bad planning, or the potential for a volume 4 featuring the end of Kirby (drawing in those who want a complete Kirby and/or Kirby/Lee run) and then the stuff Lee did with various others to finish the collection at #125?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God