Page 906 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 4068068568969029039049059069079089099109169561006 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,590 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    Bought prelude to onslaught v2 on April 20th from Amazon seller. Not here yet. Says "should have shipped may 8"....what the hell! I messaged seller twice, but my account on amazon is using an email so old I can't even access it lol
    Vol 2 & 3 are currently holding up an order from IST. May be an overall shortage at the distributors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom91 View Post
    Ennis Punisher ominbus on ebay UK!
    Tell you what, nobody bids against me and I'll take some nice pictures of it for you

For the past while I've been reading and re-reading older stories that the Secret Wars books are going to be referencing. I just finished Squadron Supreme, which I have to admit, didn't really wow me when I read it long long ago. I was young and didn't really get what it was trying to do. Maybe I didn't read the whole series (I know I never read the graphic novel), who knows.

But I picked up the omni recently and sat down and read it slowly the past few weeks and absorbed the art and each word. I loved it. What a thoughtful character based story. So much of that just can't happen in main-line superhero comics. I almost don't want them to do a take on the Squadron for Secret Wars.
    Last edited by Canucked; 05-11-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    For the past while I've been reading and re-reading older stories that the Secret Wars books are going to be referencing. I just finished Squadron Supreme, which I have to admit, didn't really wow me when I read it long long ago. I was young and didn't really get what it was trying to do. Maybe I didn't read the whole series (I know I never read the graphic novel), who knows.

But I picked up the omni recently and say down and read it slowly the past few weeks and absorbed the art and each word. I loved it. What a thoughtful character based story. So much of that just can't happen in main-line superhero comics. I almost don't want them to do a take on the Squadron for Secret Wars.
    I had never read it and bought the omni cause it was cheap as hell, and yeah it was a great story imo. Super glad I snagged it and would recommend it.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    They are releasing that huge box set that has anything related to Secret Wars in it, even if just by title (Secret War? seriously). The Omnis took forever to go OOP and only did after they were discounted to all hell. I bought SW for $25 and SW II for $20. Shrinkwrapped.

They will be clearencing this box set too eventually. It collects some truly awful shit. Lipstick on a pig!
    I could never pull the trigger on those super cheap Secret Wars omnibuses. 75% off still seeed like too much money.

But I picked up the omni recently and say down and read it slowly the past few weeks and absorbed the art and each word. I loved it. What a thoughtful character based story. So much of that just can't happen in main-line superhero comics. I almost don't want them to do a take on the Squadron for Secret Wars.
    My LCS has had copies of it at $25 for a year. I can't believe people aren't buying it. Gruenwald could really write an engaging comic. I miss that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    They are releasing that huge box set that has anything related to Secret Wars in it, even if just by title (Secret War? seriously). The Omnis took forever to go OOP and only did after they were discounted to all hell. I bought SW for $25 and SW II for $20. Shrinkwrapped.

They will be clearencing this box set too eventually. It collects some truly awful shit. Lipstick on a pig!
    Ain't that the truth!

But I picked up the omni recently and sat down and read it slowly the past few weeks and absorbed the art and each word. I loved it. What a thoughtful character based story. So much of that just can't happen in main-line superhero comics. I almost don't want them to do a take on the Squadron for Secret Wars.
    For Marvel, this was a series well ahead of its time and it's probably the closest the company has ever come to making its own "Watchmen" but, sadly, doesn't get the recognition.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    A few X-Men Inferno HCs and one Astonishing X-Men Omnibus I think were the items between us.

No one received them, everyone got refunded.
    My Death of Cap America order from April 28th still also haven't arrived. Wednesday is the last day for the estimated shipping. So pretty sure another refunded is inbound....

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Lack of being able to get ASM 2 is the main reason I don't yet have ASM 1.

On saying that, if anyone has or knows where I can get one of the ASM original printings that is so thick it could be a doorstop (there is one on eBay UK that looks like it has been used as a doorstop), please do let me know as I would very much take that.
    I have 1 and refuse to read it because I dont have 2 yet lol --cant read my X2 because I dont have 1 yet....smfh

Amazing Member

Amazing spiderman volume 2 on ebay for £105. Cheapest it's been on there for a while

Amazing Member

That death of captain america that was on eBay has gone.
    Someone must have paid the £200 buy it now :|

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    You get it already? If not, don't get yout hopes up too high. They are really REALLY s**t at updating their site. Ordered the JLA/Avengers pseudo-Absolute from them a couple of years ago, plus another OOP book they had on their site (can't remember which on). Both times I first got an email that confirmed my order, but a couple of days later I got another one saying it's out of stock.

Hope you'll get it, though.
    Quick update on my X-men 1 omnibus and shrinkwrapped Tank Girl bargains. Both arrived in perfect condition. Call me lucky but after a few higher biddings on Punisher Max, Punisher Omnibus and a Green Arrow/Green Lantern slipcase, which I ordered just a few weeks before the Absolute was solicited, I feel that this luck is well deserved. Heads up everybody for those of you that might feel desperate for an item, wonders do happen (at least sometimes).

Still looking for the guy who ordered the 1'000 worldwide missing Inferno OHC and forgot about them in his garage.
    Last edited by Spirou; 05-12-2015 at 04:27 AM.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    Quick update on my X-men 1 omnibus and shrinkwrapped Tank Girl bargains. Both arrived in perfect condition. Call me lucky but after a few higher biddings on Punisher Max, Punisher Omnibus and a Green Arrow/Green Lantern slipcase, which I ordered just a few weeks before the Absolute was solicited, I feel that this luck is well deserved. Heads up everybody for those of you that might feel desperate for an item, wonders do happen (at least sometimes).

Still looking for the guy who ordered the 1'000 worldwide missing Inferno OHC and forgot about them in his garage.
    I wrote them on the 8th of May saying that I probably want to cancel my order and please provide some info about the book and the answer I got was: "Shipping was at May, 8th."
    I can't understand these guys. And I didn't even pay anything. "Invoice is included to the parcel. We ship first - you pay later."
    What the hell is this? I mean I know I ordered the book but t was an accident because I just didn't think I can confirm an order without providing ANY payment method.
    Last edited by Balakin; 05-12-2015 at 04:52 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I wrote them on the 8th of May saying that I probably want to cancel my order and lease provide some info about the book and the answer I got was: "Shipping was at May, 8th."
    I can't understand these guys. And I didn't even pay anything. "Invoice is included to the parcel. We ship first - you pay later."
    What the hell is this? I mean I know I ordered the book but t was an accident because I just didn't think I can confirm an order without providing ANY payment method.
    Sounds like you got a free book
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Tell you what, nobody bids against me and I'll take some nice pictures of it for you
    I'll definitely be bidding for that one...

Some 'interesting' bidding already happening though, I'm by no means an EBay expert...but the leading bidder has a 100% bid history with the seller (they have bid on over 70 items from the same Seller in the past 30 days).

Seems fairly unusual?!