Page 91 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091929394951011411915911091 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 17378
    Spectacular Member

Anyone know if god loves man kills is available oversized at all besides the adamantium collection?

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Anyone know if god loves man kills is available oversized at all besides the adamantium collection?
    Not yet, no. If we get a third Uncanny X-Men omnibus, it should be in there.

Fantastic Member Ultimate Spider-Fan's Avatar

I recently won the Immortal Iron Fist omnibus in an eBay auction for $85 shipped. It arrived in the mail today, and while the overall condition of the book is near mint, there is the slightest amount of damage on the dust jacket (right next to Aja's name, see pic). Am I crazy that this really bothers me? Should I contact the seller? Is my OCD now so bad that I need to be institutionalized? Any opinions and advice are welcome.
    image.jpg

All-New Member

Could anyone tell me if Thor by Simonson's TPBs are epic collection or not? And what about quality of this books, especially paper? Thanks in advance.

First few posts from the initial thread merge have been edited to form a cohesive read, and I've updated the future Omnibus release list in the first post. Yes I love underline and bold

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    I recently won the Immortal Iron Fist omnibus in an eBay auction for $85 shipped. It arrived in the mail today, and while the overall condition of the book is near mint, there is the slightest amount of damage on the dust jacket (right next to Aja's name, see pic). Am I crazy that this really bothers me? Should I contact the seller? Is my OCD now so bad that I need to be institutionalized? Any opinions and advice are welcome.
    It looks very minor, I wouldn't worry about it. Once you've read the book it won't concern you that much. I'm always picky about stuff when I first unwrap it but once it is on the shelf its not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I can't think of anything else, but I'll update this post if you do!
    Exiles Ultimate Collection actually went to 6 volumes. That might be the record holder.

Also, based on climbing amazon prices, Vol. 1 looks to now be OOP, with Vol. 2 looking close. For anyone who's been waiting to buy, might be time to jump on those.

Quote Originally Posted by iRbos View Post
    Could anyone tell me if Thor by Simonson's TPBs are epic collection or not? And what about quality of this books, especially paper? Thanks in advance.
    Not Epic, more like the Classic series. I got Simonson's run this way because I could never get my hands on the Omnibus for a decent price, but I was not disappointed.

Paper quality is pretty good IMO (matte) and the colors look great.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iRbos View Post
    They're just normal trades.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    First few posts from the initial thread merge have been edited to form a cohesive read, and I've updated the future Omnibus release list in the first post. Yes I love underline and bold
    Thanks for updating.

This link would be a good addition to complement the OHC list.

Spectacular Member

Does anyone have the new line of original graphic novels Marvel has been releasing for the past year?, there oversized but they rarely (if ever) get mentioned on here so I would love some perspective on the stories, art and the build of the books. It would be great if anyone has a pic of them next to some other Marvel ohc so I can judge how they look - sometimes I do think super skinny ohc look a little silly, but on the other hand I'm always moaning about not having enough shelf space lol.

If there a good read I'm planning on getting most of them, including the next Thanos one, although I admit to having zero interest in the one that's based on the Scandal show, I assume these aren't numbered so I can pick and choose which volumes to buy.
    Last edited by Cloysterpete; 05-25-2014 at 02:06 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Not Epic, more like the Classic series. I got Simonson's run this way because I could never get my hands on the Omnibus for a decent price, but I was not disappointed.

Paper quality is pretty good IMO (matte) and the colors look great.
    Thanks. Want to buy them for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Does anyone have the new line of original graphic novels Marvel has been releasing for the past year?, there oversized but they rarely (if ever) get mentioned on here so I would love some perspective on the stories, art and the build of the books. It would be great if anyone has a pic of them next to some other Marvel ohc so I can judge how they look - sometimes I do think super skinny ohc look a little silly, but on the other hand I'm always moaning about not having enough shelf space lol.

If there a good read I'm planning on getting most of them, including the next Thanos one, although I admit to having zero interest in the one that's based on the Scandal show, I assume these aren't numbered so I can pick and choose which volumes to buy.
    Avengers Endless Wartime was very forgettable. I expected more from Warren Ellis and the art by Mike McKone was nothing special either. X-Men No More Humans by Mike Carey was better and fits right in with current X books. Carey wrote a story that brought all the X-Men together to solve a crisis and did it way better than any of the current X writers did with Battle of the Atom. Salvador Larroca Who I believe is one of the most dependable artists in the business did well here with multitude of characters in this story.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
    image.jpg
    Yes, it would bother me. But not enough to send it back.

I mean, you're going to have to pay for the return shipping, right?

And who's to say any replacement won't have a bumped corner or ding or some other little flaw?

You've got a near mint copy of an out of print Omnibus that's relatively hard to find at a good price.

My suggestion is put it on the shelf and forget about it for a week or so.

After that time it probably won't seem like such a big deal.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Got my package of 4 books from IST. First time order here and am very impressed with the packaging. Just wow! Similar sized books were all plastic-wrapped together. Then there's the conforming foam protecting all corners and keeping the books from moving around. Finally, all inside a sturdy box. Kudos to them for this packaging and definitely will get much more of my business in the future.
    My Uncanny X-Men vol. 2 & Uncanny X-force also just arrived from IST and gotta agree the packaging was superb. But the UXF has a slight dent on the front corners (defect & not from shipping). They promptly offered to take $20 off the book price or return for a new copy so i just accepted the price cut. Overall really satisfied with their service and will buy from them again (crossing my fingers for a mint Annihilation by next month).

Also just picked up X-Men Age of Apocalypse Omnibus from one of my LCS and planning to order the Companion to read with it. Are there any essential issues in the Companion that I should read first or just read AoA and Companion later?