Page 93 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293949596971031431935931093 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 17378
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    Not yet, no. If we get a third Uncanny X-Men omnibus, it should be in there.
    If you track down the original printing, it was a square bound book that was oversized horizontally. Like the Nick Fury/Scorpio book, or the Batman Son of the Demon books. It may not translate as well to a modern oversized book since the extra art was really to the side... we'll see!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Is Daredevil Epic Collection: Fall From Grace any good?
    A review was recently posted here that convinced me, "no."

Daredevil Epic Collection: Fall From Grace is the only epic so far that I regret buying. Looking forward to it going out of print so I can get my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post

I don't know that I would say any of them are worth owning. I understand that the challenge of a standalone work like this is that you have to reset the board before you go, but looking at past triumphs like God Loves Man Kills, Death of Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange / Dr. Doom, or even the first New Mutants OGN, I think Marvel has a long way to go before recapturing the thrill and impact of their best standalone stories.

Starlin might be the writer who can get the job done.
    I'm a huge fan of the graphic novel approach even if I don't own any of the new ones. I don't like the monthly comic model and I think it's nearly irrelevant with modern story telling (insert snide comic about decompression from DrGregatron) and I love the idea of telling a great comic story in a chunk without having to worry about all the things that come with a monthly title.

A four issue GN is hard to pull off though and I don't think they're taking the right approach. It's more like they're testing waters or trying to turn a quick buck rather then make the GN a real force in their comic lineup. With 6-12 issues and a real push for GN to take a significant place we could see some great stuff and I would be in heaven. You could not only tell a one and done story without having to wait through the monthlies but you could have sequels or ongoing GNs like you do novels and movies.

Anyway, would love to see this approach get some real traction.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Hey gang - I am very happy to announce my newest quartet of collection guides!

• Daredevil - The Man Without Fear is one of Marvel's most-collected heroes - especially in oversized format!
    • The Defenders - Tracking every incarnation of The Defenders from 1972 to present day.
    • Elektra - Every Elektra appearance from her Frank Miller days to All-New Marvel Now.
    • Guardians of the Galaxy - Whether they're from the present day or the future, this guide tracks all the Guardian's appearances through time.

I owe a big "thank you" to you all for your suggestions and help with these, especially on Daredevil and Guardians, which were two of the hardest guides I've compiled.

When it comes to the major Marvel heroes and teams, I still have my work cut out for me - I've yet to cover Black Panther, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Hercules, Inhumans, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, New Warriors, Nova, Punisher, Silver Surfer, Spidey Spinoffs (including Venom), and War Machine. Plus, there are a few less-prominent characters whose complex continuity merits a guide (one of whom I'm almost ready to debut).

I hope these new guides can assist you in your personal collection quest. As always, I'm happy to receive your feedback and suggestions via PM.
    Last edited by krisis; 05-26-2014 at 01:23 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Krisis you are insane.

Both:
    - Standard page size

Epic:
    [snip]

Ultimate/Complete Collections
    [snip]

I can't think of anything else, but I'll update this post if you do!
    hey Krisis (and others), thanks for the response.

I got the first of the PAD X-Factor and was wondering if it would make sense to print at some point as an Epic and if there would be a difference (other than the spine). I can be confident now that there's nothing to wait for. Thanks.
    I had been waiting for OHCs, though that ship has likely sailed. And even if they would collect it in an Omni, it's likely not going to be at least until they get deep into this run.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Krisis you are insane.
    LIKE.
    10char

Awesome work Krisis!

I'm putting in my vote for a Black Widow guide next. That should be much easier than the DD one which is a beast. I suspect there is renewed interest in BW & Elektra with the new series' out now.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

• Daredevil - The Man Without Fear is one of Marvel's most-collected heroes - especially in oversized format!
    • The Defenders - Tracking every incarnation of The Defenders from 1972 to present day.
    • Elektra - Every Elektra appearance from her Frank Miller days to All-New Marvel Now.
    • Guardians of the Galaxy - Whether they're from the present day or the future, this guide tracks all the Guardian appearance through time.

I owe a big thank you to you all for your suggestions and help with these, especially on Daredevil and Guardians, which were two of the hardest guides I've compiled.

When it comes to the major Marvel heroes and teams, I still have my work cut out for me - I've yet to cover Black Panther, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Hercules, Inhumans, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, New Warriors, Nova, Punisher, Silver Surfer, Spidey Spinoffs (including Venom), and War Machine. Plus, there are a few less prominent characters whose complexity of continuity merits a guide (one of whom I'm almost ready to debut).

I hope these new guides can assist you in your personal collection quest. As always, I'm happy to receive your feedback and suggestions via PM.
    Thank you krisis!

Fantastic work.

These OGNs they've been releasing are an interesting matter. I just got my Bachelor's and my school bookstore was doing buybacks so I figured I'd use the remaining $25 in credit I got from buying all those textbooks to good use and thankfully Family Business was in the GN section. It was at the perfect price point and the only money that came out of my pocket was the $2 for tax. Bout to jump into it sometime this week. I like how they're oversized but the page count is a bit short for my tastes.

On another note: I just saw DOFP and that post-credit scene got me so hyped. I've had my AoA omnibus for quite a while but always held off on it because I wanted to read all the 90's stories in hardcover leading up to it. Is it to good idea to pick up Bishop's Crossing, Claremont/Lee X-men, X-tinction Agenda, Phalanx Covenant, Fatal Attractions before jumping into AoA? Or should I just go back to those stories later?

Incredible Member

• Guardians of the Galaxy - Whether they're from the present day or the future, this guide tracks all the Guardian appearance through time.

I owe a big "thank you" to you all for your suggestions and help with these, especially on Daredevil and Guardians, which were two of the hardest guides I've compiled.

When it comes to the major Marvel heroes and teams, I still have my work cut out for me - I've yet to cover Black Panther, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Hercules, Inhumans, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, New Warriors, Nova, Punisher, Silver Surfer, Spidey Spinoffs (including Venom), and War Machine. Plus, there are a few less-prominent characters whose complex continuity merits a guide (one of whom I'm almost ready to debut).

Re: Daredevil - Yellow is available OHC, HC, and TPB and soon to be Omnibus'ed with the other two Loeb/Sale Marvel color books. I think Amazon might have the Oversized and Premiere listings reversed in terms of the description but I'm not 100% sure on that as I don't have the proper ISBNs in front of me.

Krisis, sent you a pm recently. Not sure you got it... ?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Talking of conventions, my wife and I took the kids to the Warsaw Book Festival held at the National Stadium this last Saturday. A very small part of the festival was made up of the Comics Festival (probably not more than 10-15 stands). There were quite a few signings but mainly from the “indie” side. My boys (5 and 7) were pretty happy as there was a mass of activities for children. They also managed to get a photo with “Captain America” as well as some free t-shirts, books and comics.

I was able to pick up floppies that I had earlier preordered from atomcomics.pl and get to finally meet one of the owners in person. I was also able to meet the owner of a new Polish comics web store geekzone.com.pl who has only just recently set up an LCS in Warsaw. This is a positive sign as an increase in competition is always a good thing for the Polish comics consumer. It was from Geek Zone that I managed to pick up a VG copy of Daredevil Father OHC. It was priced at PLN 55, but the owner was good enough to give me a discount and I ended up purchasing it for PLN 49 (~$16), which is a pretty good price for Europe. Once again a big thanks krisis for your efforts and help with regards to the DD OHC.

Below are a few pics of the Daredevil Father OHC for those interested:

20140525_204637.jpg

20140525_204805.jpg

20140525_204821.jpg

Great work krisis! Thank You!
    I don't know anythign about the Defenders and I'm quite surprised that they had this long history (five essentials! Moon knight had 3 and he gets Epic collection first).

Question to anybody (combined with my earlier, unanswered questions).
    -From where should I start Defenders? I think the earlier stuff would be a bit dated for me (I couldn't read more than 2 issues from Roy Thomas' Avengers for example, but I like WCA, Michelinie IM, and of cource Claremont's X-men) so maybe Essentials vol 4 or 5?

-Is Captain America: the Captain any good? The story seems interesting, I just haven't read any Cap prior to Brubaker (Maybe one Waid issue where he teams up with Iron man?).

-How lost would I be if I would start with Moon knight Essential vol 3? I've only read the character in WCA, really liked it, but only Essential vol 3 is still in print (I will probably pick up the epic in october but if the Essential vol 3 is a good read without the first 2 volumes, that would be the cheapest option to try whether it's my cup of tea or not)