Page 94 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394959697981041441945941094 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Re: Daredevil - Yellow is available OHC, HC, and TPB and soon to be Omnibus'ed with the other two Loeb/Sale Marvel color books. I think Amazon might have the Oversized and Premiere listings reversed in terms of the description but I'm not 100% sure on that as I don't have the proper ISBNs in front of me.
    For what it's worth, this is the ISBN for the Yellow OHC: 0-7851-0840-8

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    MCM in Belfast Eamo. That's pretty good advice pal, thanks very much.
    No problem. MCM prices for dealers were very high in Dublin so I doubt there will be private individuals at the dealers hall. BUt the rest of the previous advice applies. Also try and haggle. Particularly at the death on the last day. I'm sure you'll pick up some bargains. Come back and let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Hey gang - I am very happy to announce my newest quartet of collection guides!
    Fantastic work.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Great work krisis! Thank You!

-Is Captain America: the Captain any good? The story seems interesting, I just haven't read any Cap prior to Brubaker (Maybe one Waid issue where he teams up with Iron man?).
    If it's by Mark Gruenwald, it's good!

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    If it's by Mark Gruenwald, it's good!
    Thanks! Never read anything from him, but it seems a good start.

• Daredevil - The Man Without Fear is one of Marvel's most-collected heroes - especially in oversized format!
    • The Defenders - Tracking every incarnation of The Defenders from 1972 to present day.
    • Elektra - Every Elektra appearance from her Frank Miller days to All-New Marvel Now.
    • Guardians of the Galaxy - Whether they're from the present day or the future, this guide tracks all the Guardian's appearances through time.

I owe a big "thank you" to you all for your suggestions and help with these, especially on Daredevil and Guardians, which were two of the hardest guides I've compiled.

When it comes to the major Marvel heroes and teams, I still have my work cut out for me - I've yet to cover Black Panther, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Hercules, Inhumans, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, New Warriors, Nova, Punisher, Silver Surfer, Spidey Spinoffs (including Venom), and War Machine. Plus, there are a few less-prominent characters whose complex continuity merits a guide (one of whom I'm almost ready to debut).

I hope these new guides can assist you in your personal collection quest. As always, I'm happy to receive your feedback and suggestions via PM.
    You sir, are awesome!
    thanks so much for all the effort you put into these. i know it started as just a ref guide to help you read X-Men but it's become an essential bookmark for me and I'm sure many others.

I have to head to work right now so I'll read later (this weekend as been fucking hell), I'm excited to check out Daredevil and GotG.
    My personal preference for future would be Silver Surfer, Punisher (probably most deserving), Dr Strange and Spidey spinoffs.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Thanks! Never read anything from him, but it seems a good start.
    I'm sure it's not a bad start, but I think the upcoming Cap Epic is the beginning of his very long run. You might just get whichever is cheaper to try first.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I've had my AoA omnibus for quite a while but always held off on it because I wanted to read all the 90's stories in hardcover leading up to it. Is it to good idea to pick up Bishop's Crossing, Claremont/Lee X-men, X-tinction Agenda, Phalanx Covenant, Fatal Attractions before jumping into AoA? Or should I just go back to those stories later?
    You only need to be familiar with X-Men characters to appreciate the story, so none of those books are needed. Plus I think those books are lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    These OGNs they've been releasing are an interesting matter. I just got my Bachelor's and my school bookstore was doing buybacks so I figured I'd use the remaining $25 in credit I got from buying all those textbooks to good use and thankfully Family Business was in the GN section. It was at the perfect price point and the only money that came out of my pocket was the $2 for tax. Bout to jump into it sometime this week. I like how they're oversized but the page count is a bit short for my tastes.

On another note: I just saw DOFP and that post-credit scene got me so hyped. I've had my AoA omnibus for quite a while but always held off on it because I wanted to read all the 90's stories in hardcover leading up to it. Is it to good idea to pick up Bishop's Crossing, Claremont/Lee X-men, X-tinction Agenda, Phalanx Covenant, Fatal Attractions before jumping into AoA? Or should I just go back to those stories later?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    You only need to be familiar with X-Men characters to appreciate the story, so none of those books are needed. Plus I think those books are lame.
    You and me both, PrankT. He should save his money for some good X-Men, because those aren't it. Maybe, he should try the first one hundred or so issues of Claremont's run--some day we might get all those masterworked........someday.

I think Clairmont and Lee v1 and X-tinction Agenda are a lot of fun. (Hides)
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I think Clairmont and Lee v1 and X-tinction Agenda are a lot of fun. (Hides)
    I liked most of Vol 1, found X-Tinction Agenda a slog but loved Xcutioner's Song. Then things go down hill for me for awhile.

• Daredevil - The Man Without Fear is one of Marvel's most-collected heroes - especially in oversized format!
    • The Defenders - Tracking every incarnation of The Defenders from 1972 to present day.
    • Elektra - Every Elektra appearance from her Frank Miller days to All-New Marvel Now.
    • Guardians of the Galaxy - Whether they're from the present day or the future, this guide tracks all the Guardian's appearances through time.
    This is really, REALLY Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to do it.
    I'm half way through my Annihilation omnibus (I'm reading it cold with pretty much no prior knowledge) and it's amazing.
    Now I have a starting point to track down the rest.

Incredible Member

Attachment 2697

Just got my new Kallax shelf from Ikea! They didn't make 5x5 yet, so I'm hoping it'll be enough! Here's the before pic.. Will put in an after pic later!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Family business was pretty great ! I seriously didn't expect that I would love it. Robinson and Waid did a marvelous job on it. I still think they're overpriced though, but I got a nice price for a used on and I'm glad I did. And great art too
    Hah, i think i know where you found it

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Attachment 2697

Just got my new Kallax shelf from Ikea! They didn't make 5x5 yet, so I'm hoping it'll be enough! Here's the before pic.. Will put in an after pic later!
    Thanks. I've got a 5x5 expedit I need to get rid of, so seeing the new 4x4 kallax is helpful to me.