Page 960 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 46086091095095695795895996096196296396497010101060 ... LastLast
Results 14,386 to 14,400 of 17378
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    When you allow offers, you expect people to be serious. I don't get mad if someone make a ridiculous offer, I just give it the consideration it deserves.
    It doesn't matter whether or not you're doing the "Or Best Offer" anymore. People send you offers via message anyway. It got to the point that eBay built in a function to officially negotiate offers over their messaging system.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Thanks for your answers mates! I think i will go and buy it!
    Don't forget to try and pick up the JLA/Avengers Collector's Edition. It's by Busiek and Perez too!

And onto collection news...My haul the last couple weeks thanks to Amazon.ca preorders and the awesome extra 20% off special at indigo.ca this month..

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Don't forget to try and pick up the JLA/Avengers Collector's Edition. It's by Busiek and Perez too!

And onto collection news...My haul the last couple weeks thanks to Amazon.ca preorders and the awesome extra 20% off special at indigo.ca this month..

Can we talk about how awesome these books are. I want to trade in my invincible HCs for those slip cases. How many issues are in it?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I read the main OHC, is it worth reading the companion too?
    I honestly didn't read any other tie-ins for Infinity. If you're a completest I'd say you could but you get EVERYTHING in the Infinity OHC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Can we talk about how awesome these books are. I want to trade in my invincible HCs for those slip cases. How many issues are in it?
    Each invincible library contains 2 of the Ultimate Collection OHC's. So if my calculations are correct, and what I've read, the 6th Ultimate Collection contains up to issue 70, and Invincible Returns #1, hoping to see a 4th and further library volumes solicited soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    on another side note, I just won the 3 hardcovers of his Battlefields on ebay, just for a few pounds more than the first hc is going online. I'm a bit happy about it :P

Heard Battlefields ain't that good. Mediocre*.

* Said with Immortal Joe voice. BTW, new Mad Max is best action movie I've seen. Watched it 2 times already, and I'm going to watch it again next week.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 05-30-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I might be headed to Philadelphia in the coming weeks and staying downtown. Can anyone suggest a good comic shop that carries the books we all love and enjoy? Thanks.
    Atomic City Comics on South Street is a great place -- lots of room, the old X-Men and Spider-Man arcade games, and a great selection of trades (back issues are only so-so). They don't have any lost gems that I'm aware of (or I would have grabbed them), but last time I was in there (a week ago) they still had the Cap Lives omnibus for cover. Definitely recommend, just be aware that South Street has street fairs every Friday night, so traffic is hell. DON'T try to drive around there that night.

Locust Moon is the more indie comic shop in the city -- they've self-published a few indie books, and last year they did a Kickstarter for a giant Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream book featuring art by tons of different creators. There's a dedicated room for comic artists to come in and draw whatever they want. The selection of mainstream stuff is only okay, but if you like indie books, they can't be beat. Warning: may encounter hipsters.

There's also Brave New Worlds, a good alternative to Atomic City if it happens to be closer to where you're staying. Large store, decent selection from what I recall from my one visit. (Again, no hidden gems that I noticed.)

There are a few others that are either really small or have limited selections. The only other one, and unfortunately I can't recall the name, was located in a big warehouse in, it must be said, a bad part of town. I recall most items being pretty overpriced, but it's so huge that if there are any hidden gems, that's probably your best bet of finding them.

EDIT: I forgot about Fat Jack's, as others have mentioned in the thread. They do indeed have a cat roaming around, which put me off since I'm allergic. But I think they do have some of the Starman omnibuses if that's your thing (not volume 3, of course, but I believe all of the others).

A few years ago someone did a walking tour of Philly's comic stores and wrote an article about it, but unfortunately the link seems to be currently broken. I'm including it anyway just in case it gets fixed before you arrive: http://thedailycrosshatch.com/2011/0...-walking-tour/

Enjoy your stay, it's a great historic city!
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 05-29-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks, I'll definitely check out Brave New Worlds.

Man, I'd love to check out all these and thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'll probably only have time to hit one store. My other free night is gonna be spent finding and running those Rocky steps!
    We have good Comic Shops in Delaware too! Captain Blue Hen Comics in Newark and "The Comic Shop" in Wilmington. We are just south of Philly off I 95. And the Rocky Steps are at the Philly Art Museum, you can't miss em.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    I honestly didn't read any other tie-ins for Infinity. If you're a completest I'd say you could but you get EVERYTHING in the Infinity OHC.

... I've already bought the Infinity Companion, just not cracked it open. At the moment it is a case of time rather than anything else that is stopping me from reading that book.

That Quantum and Woody book looks amazing, I'm off to add that to my list!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post

* Said with Immortal Joe voice. BTW, new Mad Max is best action movie I've seen. Watched it 2 times already, and I'm going to watch it again next week.
    Well you heard wrong. Most stories are very good with almost no exceptions except the occasional great one like Dear Billy. Some of Ennis's best work imo.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Well you heard wrong. Most stories are very good with almost no exceptions except the occasional great one like Dear Billy. Some of Ennis's best work imo.
    You have to tell me more to convince me, man.

Victor is right. While not as good as his "War Stories" (mainly because of the artists involved), it's still great. Particularly like the "Tankies" stories.

Back on topic: received my Spider-Verse Amazon-glitch OHC today and can just repeat what others have said. Definitely a new low by the Marvel collected editions department. Feels like there's some kind of collected-editions-limbo-dancing going on there:

"Great idea to use borderline-transparent paper, whoever came up with that one. But I bet we can lower the quality more and make our collections even shittier."
    "No. How could that even be physically frickin' possible?"
    Last edited by LordJulius; 05-30-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post

It is Ennis so probably you are wrong
    And even if it's not worth keeping (which I doubt) I can probably flip it for a pretty profit given Dynamite's track record with reprints.
    Gonna Watch MadMax tomorrow, can't wait (although I only liked the second movie from the original trilogy)

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It is Ennis so probably you are wrong
    Correct! i loved Battlefields, like his War Stories if you enjoy well written war stories you'll enjoy these plus they're individual stories you'll be able to read em with out having the other volumes.