Page 985 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 48588593597598198298398498598698798898999510351085 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,775 of 17378
    Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Read Starlin's Infinity Relativity last night after re-reading Revelation.....

The art is great, but he has trouble with the voice of some of the Guardians characters. Annihilus also plays quite a big role, which surprised me...and the ending is a cliffhanger. Starlin's stuff seems to do the same thing over and over though. This in fact is something he focuses on quite a bit in his story lines. He is self-aware, at least.

It was good, but not great. His best work in my eyes is still Infinity Gauntlet/SSV3/Thanos Quest. I've read his stuff from the 70's, but it really doesn't do it for me as much.

To me, Thanos stories go like this:

1. SSV3/Thanos Quest/Infinity Gauntlet
    2. Annihilation/Thanos Imperative
    3. Marvel Universe: The End/Infinity War
    4. Thanos (2000's series)/Infinity
    5.Infinity Crusade
    6. Infinity Abyss

Have not read Thanos vs. Hulk or the Thanos vs. Thor TPB. Blood and Thunder was OK. Can't wait until the Cosmic Powers tpb that is coming this year, though.

so, any omnibus expectations for the new solicitations?

I'm hopping for a War of King, Realm of Kings & Thanos Imperative Omnibus and maybe another Punisher Omnibus

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    so, any omnibus expectations for the new solicitations?

I'm hopping for a War of King, Realm of Kings & Thanos Imperative Omnibus and maybe another Punisher Omnibus
    I mentioned a War of Kings omnibus in my want list. I really hope it comes to fruition! A Hickman Avengers run omnibus, a Secret Wars omnibus and a Busiek Thunderbolts omnibus are some wants of mine. A Punisher Omnibus would be welcome as well.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

No no no no!

No War of Kings omnibus!

Those books must remain expensive and rare!

(spot the guy who paid out for them!)

I would love a Busiek Thunderbolts omnibus, anything Hickman related and am still holding out hope for a What If omnibus.

Oh, and Starlin Warlock and 70s Dr Strange for mind bending goodness.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 06-11-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    !!!!!!!!

I liked the Ultimates v.3.
    So you're the one guy who enjoyed it then.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Haha, that's what I keep hearing. Avoid 3, 4/Ultimatum etc. I'm going to get the Ultimate Collection, but there only seems to be one on Amazon. No vol 2. Am I just missing it?

Thanks for those Hulk recommendations. It was the Planet Hulk story which piqued my curiosity, but as you said, I'd rather start with classic Hulk for my first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Ah, that did the trick! Thanks. But jeez... the lowest priced one with international shipping is $91... that's without shipping.
    OK. Let's get you squared away.

The Ultimates vol 1 content by Millar/Hitch is available as:
    The Ultimates: Super Human TP vol 1 (reprints The Ultimates #1-6)
    The Ultimates: Homeland Security TP vol 1 (reprints The Ultimates #7-13)
    The Ultimates HC (reprints 1-13 in oversized HC format. Released in 2004 but now out of print).
    The Ultimates Ultimate Collection by Millar/Hitch (reprints 1-13 in TP format)

The Ultimates 2 content by Millar/Hitch is available as:
    The Ultimates 2: Gods & Monsters vol 1 (reprints The Ultimates 2 # 1-6)
    The Ultimates 2: Grand Theft America vol 2 (reprints The Ultimates 2 #7-13)
    The Ultimates 2 HC (reprints 1-13 + #1 sketch edition in oversized HC format. Released in 2007 but now out of print).
    The Ultimates 2 Ultimate Collection by Millar/Hitch (reprints 1-13 + #1 sketch edition in TP format)

Additionally, The Ultimates Omnibus reprints the combined HCs ... or, The Ultimates 1-13, and The Ultimates 2 #1-13 + Sketch #1 + Annual #1 (released in 2009 but now out of print).

Check out www.mycomicshop.com. They most of these various collections (minus the Omni) in stock, even the oversized HCs. Get 'em fast, those HCs are a bit difficult to track down nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Ah okay.

I think the Untold Spiderman is the only book of his I don't have. I was worried I may have missed out on something.
    He also wrote Marvels. One of the all time modern classics.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I feel dirty, I just caught up with all the Bendis X-titles.

I really enjoyed them both (bar the last few of Uncanny with the stupid super mutant story) and now really hope we get a double omnibus of the whole run.

I did think that was likely because Bendis and X, but actually thinking about it, Bendis doesn't have the best record of getting his stuff in Omnibus and Marvel are meant to be downplaying X stuff......so maybe we wont.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Powers(coming soon). Ultimate Spider-man. Death of Spider-man. Alias. Daredevil 1-2. New Avengers. Bendis has plenty of omnibus to his name.

...not that it means I think we'll get an omnibus.

Bendis enjoys probably the healthiest of authors collected in omnibus by Marvel. Complete Daredevil series; complete Alias (and a rare reprint); his Spider-Man is the only Ultimate title - other than Ultimates - that got an omnibus collection. Power is coming out, New Avengers, etc.

In fact, other than Claremont - and that's because it's X-Men - and Stan Lee - because it's Silver Age - I don't know of a Marvel author more collected in omnibus than Bendis.

That's not to say there isn't but none are coming to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Oh, and Starlin Warlock and 70s Dr Strange for mind bending goodness.
    i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Warlock by Starlin Omni closer to GoTG 2 Movie! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Ah okay.

I think the Untold Spiderman is the only book of his I don't have. I was worried I may have missed out on something.
    Try and get it, its great!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Try and get it, its great!

Agreed. I read it last year, and I'm thinking about re-reading it at the same time as ASM Vol. 1.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The price of the Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus has been steadily increasing since it went OOP.I don't think you can get a decent copy for cheaper than ~$95 at the moment.

Untold is a must have.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I thought Untold Tales of Spider-Man was a decent read, although some of the 90s-style art breaks the Silver Age mood that this series aimed for. Also, I was disappointed by the piss poor art reproduction in several spots--in spots it looked like scans that were out of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I thought Untold Tales of Spider-Man was a decent read, although some of the 90s-style art breaks the Silver Age mood that this series aimed for. Also, I was disappointed by the piss poor art reproduction in several spots--in spots it looked like scans that were out of focus.
    That's like...the most glowing review you've ever written.

I got butterflies.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    That's like...the most glowing review you've ever written.

I got butterflies.
    A truly beautiful production.
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    A truly beautiful production.
    The Omnibus or DrGregaton's review?