Page 997 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 49789794798799399499599699799899910001001100710471097 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,955 of 17378
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I contacted Tom Brevoort about this and it appears to be the new Marvel policy going forward. The new thinner font is in place to save the company on ink costs and generate more profit for Marvel.
    The sad part is i can't tell if you're joking or not lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I've recently purchased the three West Coast Avengers TPBs that follow on from the omnis (Vision Quest, Darker Than Scarlet, Along Came a Spider-Woman). I'm up to the 'gap' in Darker Than Scarlet and have to admit, I've never read anything by John Byrne before but I have really enjoyed his run.

In regards to the Scarlet Witch, there are a number of references made to Atlantis Attacks and a couple places where the story cites some of those annuals. I've looked at the reviews for the omni on Amazon and it seems quite a mixed bag so thought it would be worthwhile to ask here - is it worth getting to 'fill in' the gaps in the Witch's story? How is the event overall? Thanks
    This is what kinda ticks me off. House of m is a major plot point, but all the stories creating Wanda's breaking point are scattershot collected. Ohc or Omni of prelude/road to house of m, or even WCA omniboo continuation would be amazing.
    Also don't forget knights of wundegore.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Got carried away and bid on an X-Men (silver age) vol2 omnibus this morning.

It's not even one I really want. Ebay, a hangover and omnibus obsession strikes again.....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

In regards to the Scarlet Witch, there are a number of references made to Atlantis Attacks and a couple places where the story cites some of those annuals. I've looked at the reviews for the omni on Amazon and it seems quite a mixed bag so thought it would be worthwhile to ask here - is it worth getting to 'fill in' the gaps in the Witch's story? How is the event overall? Thanks
    Atlantis Attacks is real shit. *and* I still have nostalgic feelings for the series, but it is total garbage. Buy it if you need a $20 doorstop.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Atlantis Attacks is real shit. *and* I still have nostalgic feelings for the series, but it is total garbage. Buy it if you need a $20 doorstop.
    Shows how different tastes can be: I liked Atlantis. Fun reading and had some very good laughs while reading. The overall concept is debatable, but which story isn't. The artwork is cool. I read this any day over the Civil War main book.

Anyone in the UK received their copy of the Annihilation Conquest yet? And if so, who'd you order it off?

and as a side note I've just had an email off Speedyhen cancelling my Hawkeye omni
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 06-21-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Anyone in the UK received their copy of the Annihilation Conquest yet? And if so, who'd you order it off?

and as a side note I've just had an email off Speedyhen cancelling my Hawkeye omni
    Also interested to see where people ordered from. I'm waiting for Amazon to adjust their pricing to something sensible, not the £95 pre-order price.

Speedyhen have it for £51 but it's listed as OOS. Have they already exhausted their stock or haven't they sent any yet? I'm happy to pay this price for it!
    Mixes/Contact Info: http://chojin.devour.org

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Got carried away and bid on an X-Men (silver age) vol2 omnibus this morning.

It's not even one I really want. Ebay, a hangover and omnibus obsession strikes again.....
    Yes, this has happened to me plenty of times as well. On a side note, though, I felt the SA X-Men v. 2 was better than v. 1, so there's that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    Also interested to see where people ordered from. I'm waiting for Amazon to adjust their pricing to something sensible, not the £95 pre-order price.

Speedyhen have it for £51 but it's listed as OOS. Have they already exhausted their stock or haven't they sent any yet? I'm happy to pay this price for it!
    Preordered the Busiek Avenegrs omni from them, went oos right away on release day but got mine 2 weeks later. I would say get it from Speedyhen, I doubt there will be a better price.

Fantastic Member

mine is pre-ordered on Amazon, locked at the lowest price, $84.14, which is still too much...

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, this has happened to me plenty of times as well. On a side note, though, I felt the SA X-Men v. 2 was better than v. 1, so there's that at least.
    Thank goodness Im not the only one
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Thank goodness Im not the only one
    Yeah, I sort of spontaneously bid on one on eBay this last week myself and won it. Always wanted to read the Neal Adams stuff.

Spectacular Member

I've recently purchased the three West Coast Avengers TPBs that follow on from the omnis (Vision Quest, Darker Than Scarlet, Along Came a Spider-Woman). I'm up to the 'gap' in Darker Than Scarlet and have to admit, I've never read anything by John Byrne before but I have really enjoyed his run.
    I suppose I have to do the same. I doubt they are gonna put out more Omnibus volumes.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Yeah, I sort of spontaneously bid on one on eBay this last week myself and won it. Always wanted to read the Neal Adams stuff.
    I read the efirst half of it, with Larry Trask and the Living Monolith(who should totally get used more often, he's got cool powers if nothing else). I thought it was very good. Though to be fair, I loved a lot of the Stan Lee stuff.
    Cyclops was right

Only about 6 weeks until we finally get the long awaited Onslaught omnibus. My 1997 self would have been in pure heaven. I know the whole thread has been waiting for this for years, especially Gregatron with his zany love of the 90s.

But seriously, I am actually buying this.