Page 999 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899959969979989991000100110021003100910491099 ... LastLast
Results 14,971 to 14,985 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    I don't think so, but it's left suitably vague. I don't think there's anything that would directly contradict this view though, if it's an idea that takes your fancy.

The editors seem to be getting a lot of mileage out of explaining lazy continuity as 'oh, it's a slightly different version', 'time is broken', e.t.c. at the minute.
    I thought the Hyperion from the 80s run eventually had to wear a special kind of glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Only about 6 weeks until we finally get the long awaited Onslaught omnibus. My 1997 self would have been in pure heaven. I know the whole thread has been waiting for this for years, especially Gregatron with his zany love of the 90s.

But seriously, I am actually buying this.
    You misremember, friend. Mine is a zany hate of 90s Marvel. For shame, Cap! Save your money and buy your boy some Scooby Doo Team-Up TPB or yourself another Hellboy Library Edition (that's some good 90s comics)!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Only about 6 weeks until we finally get the long awaited Onslaught omnibus. My 1997 self would have been in pure heaven. I know the whole thread has been waiting for this for years, especially Gregatron with his zany love of the 90s.

But seriously, I am actually buying this.
    Me too. It's going to look lovely right next to my copy of Avengers: The Crossing.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I can't until next year when I buy a zillion of those crappy Onslaught omnibus books during a $20-$25 fire sale and then flip them for more than $150 each a few months later.

This will be another Inferno, AOA, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    You misremember, friend. Mine is a zany hate of 90s Marvel. For shame, Cap! Save your money and buy your boy some Scooby Doo Team-Up TPB or yourself another Hellboy Library Edition (that's some good 90s comics)!
    I have them all already! Having great books like Hellboy helps balance out the self loathing from enjoying books like Onslaught. While I don't have Scooby I do have Carl Barks' Uncle Scrooge for my kid.

And I'm pretty sure you love 90s X-men. I distinctly remember you saying how much you LOVE 90s X-men every time anything even tangentially related comes up.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

So what's the average going price of the first 2 Claremont X-Men omnis?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    So what's the average going price of the first 2 Claremont X-Men omnis?
    Do you mean the two good ones with John Byrne or the two lame ones with Jim Lee?

Amazing Member

Page 1,000!!! Ohhh yeaaaahhh!!!!

Amazing Member

By the way, does anyone have pictures of the new Cap by Bru omni?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Me too. It's going to look lovely right next to my copy of Avengers: The Crossing.
    That is one of those books that I understand goes for dirt in America, but never seems to be cheap in the UK.

If I ever saw it really cheap, I think I'd buy it out of pure morbid curiosity
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I remember reading Onslaught in the 90s and it single-handedly turned me off X-men for years. If anyone ever asks for an example of why the 90s is so universally panned as the worst decade of comics, I always tell them to read Onslaught.
    I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Onslaught crossover. It was published in summer '96 just as I was graduating HS and gearing up for College, the Olympics were in town and the Braves had just won the World Series the previous fall. So my recollections of reading those stories is tinted heavily with nostalgia and memories of what I was doing and where I bought each issue as it came out, what was going on in my life, etc.

Story-wise, I remember the lead-in X-Men issues were quite good. Most were by Lobdell and Mark Waid also wrote one of the titles for a while. For a year or so, there had been a mysterious build up to some unseen foe "ONSLAUGHT" who kept working behind the scenes threatening the X-Men. Ultimately, to kick off the crossover, Xavier is revealed to be the mysterious "X-Traitor" Bishop came back in time to stop. At the time, I thought that was pretty much mind blowing.

The problem with Onslaught was that around this time Marvel had also agreed to farm out the Avengers and FF titles to Lee & Liefeld for Heroes Reborn but they had no idea how or what they were doing so that event got shoehorned into Onslaught and the whole thing ended as a bloated mess. When it started as an X-Men centric event it was good. When they tied every other book into the story it became a mess.

Just my 2c.

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed the onslaught story more than inferno and will get the omnibus. Also 1,000 pages, that's a lot of omnibus talk.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Ultimately, to kick off the crossover, Xavier is revealed to be the mysterious "X-Traitor" Bishop came back in time to stop.
    But hasn't like half the X-men, including Bishop himself at one point or another been the"X-Traitor"?
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    The problem with Onslaught was that around this time Marvel had also agreed to farm out the Avengers and FF titles to Lee & Liefeld for Heroes Reborn but they had no idea how or what they were doing so that event got shoehorned into Onslaught and the whole thing ended as a bloated mess. When it started as an X-Men centric event it was good. When they tied every other book into the story it became a mess.

Just my 2c.
    Nearly 20 years later, and they still haven't learned their lesson concerning crossovers and "events"...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Do you mean the two good ones with John Byrne or the two lame ones with Jim Lee?
    The Byrne ones for now. I like Jim Lee well enough though.
    Cyclops was right