Amazing Member

Default Why James gunn will reboot batman in his 8 to 10 year plan!

I personally think guys that we will be getting a new on screen batman in James gunns dcu. With batfleck let's face it he's committed to doing films for his own production company with matt Damon now he's says it's the next step of his career so I think we all just need to accept that he won't be back for another go around as the caped crusader and that the whole 3 year film deal story was bullshit so if not affleck than who. Well it won't be robert Pattinson because while I liked Robert Pattinson batman film I didn't love it. I am personally more excited for James gunn to just get in there and do a batman that's dark but light enough to be in a cinematic universe for dc make him the way batman was in the super friends series but not as campy as he was in that series make it great and watchable and you got me as a viewer plus you can do the batfamily more effectively because I just don't see them fitting into the matt reeves batman world. I personally hope that he doesn't do robin so James gunn can do him inststead and do a whole batverse with multiple characters some people want them to do that with Robert Pattinson but I don't man I want a new different batman world one where you can have a batman superman rivalry make it like the animated justice league too. But what do you guys think they should do with batman in the dcu!

Probably but other characters might get the leg up first. Gunn seems to be drawn to lesser known characters and Batman us in decent hands with Reeves.

It is a weird situation for DC where the new iteration of Batman was a big movie in contrast to the messy shared universe, but they want to have a version of Batman in the Justice League.

There are two underappreciated elements here.
    - Robert Pattinson is 36, so while there's the perception he can keep playing Batman indefinitely, that's not a given.
    - The box office for the Batman isn't that fantastic. Joker and the first Wonder Woman made more money. Granted, The Batman came out post-Covid. On the other hand, so did Spider-Man No Way Home.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I rather get Jace, Dick, Azrael or one of the Batmen of all nations over a second Bruce. Unless Patterson or Reeves have a falling out, I'm not in a rush for another reboot.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-29-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is a weird situation for DC where the new iteration of Batman was a big movie in contrast to the messy shared universe, but they want to have a version of Batman in the Justice League.

There are two underappreciated elements here.
    - Robert Pattinson is 36, so while there's the perception he can keep playing Batman indefinitely, that's not a given.
    - The box office for the Batman isn't that fantastic. Joker and the first Wonder Woman made more money. Granted, The Batman came out post-Covid. On the other hand, so did Spider-Man No Way Home.
    Tbf No Way Home wasn't just a regular Spider-Man movie though it was 3 generations of cinematic Spider-Men and their villains onscreen together for the 1st time ever. Plus NWH was a sequel and The Batman wasn't, not really a 1:1 comparison. Spider-Man: Homecoming was the 1st entry in the new series just like The Batman is and made $880m but it had 100% of Chinese theaters opened vs about 40% of them closed when The Batman came out. If you take away the $24m The Batman made in China and the $1117 Homecoming made there The Batman is at $746m and Homecoming at $763m.

No movies since the Pandemic started have even come close to NWH's box office, Top Gun: Maverick is the only one near it and even that's still close to half a billion dollars away. COVID and no and/or limited Chinese box office have drastically altered the box office. We went from a record 9 billion dollar films in 2019 to only 2 since then.

I would love an ancillary Batman character in Gunn's tenure. I've seen enough of Batman to last a lifetime and would love to see other characters take the limelight. Still want to see GL done right.
    I would love a Firestorm movie, a Plastic Man movie and even a Booster Gold movie, though I think BG and Beetle would make some comedy gold in a series...

Well, only if its business as usual for DC. The formula is to pretty much rely on Batman films to be the bread and butter.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.