Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You know, I never read that original Ogun story. I might have to circle back to that to appreciate this.

Sal's art is good, but I honestly get so tired of Kitty. Hopefully this series isn't too focused on her, overall.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-02-2022 at 04:53 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Can’t believe he didn’t say “you’re mine! Mind, body and soul!”. They need to keep Lord Claremont in better fighting shape than this.
    ugh right....passs
    GrindrStone(D)

Kitty Pryde and Wolverine was actually fantastic. Maybe some of Claremont's best. Can't believe I never read it till now. A strong example of his writing standing up in its own right[without some slick artwork to lean on]. Side note: it was nice to see Logan's healing factor in its more moderate form. He heals back from the bone too often these days. It's almost too good. It will be quite the challenge to exceed, all these years later(even with such incredible art to lean on!).

Lord Claremont:

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Kitty Pryde and Wolverine was actually fantastic. Maybe some of Claremont's best. Can't believe I never read it till now. A strong example of his writing standing up in its own right[without some slick artwork to lean on]. Side note: it was nice to see Logan's healing factor in its more moderate form. He heals back from the bone too often these days. It's almost too good. It will be quite the challenge to exceed, all these years later(even with such incredible art to lean on!).

Lord Claremont:

I agree that Kitty Pryde & Wolverine is a very underrated mini. Honestly the only thing holding it back from becoming a true classic is the art IMO, which was serviceable but pretty rough.

the art looks very good! and I'm liking the text so far.....a shame Betsy is not in this, would love to read her written by Claremont again.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I see Lifeguard and Betsy in this vision. This vision already goes against continuity.

Still picking this up for nostalgia reasons.
    I think he impaled one is Colossus, the one slumped over counter maye Slipstream, and the one slumped on stool in same panel looks like Sage.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I agree that Kitty Pryde & Wolverine is a very underrated mini. Honestly the only thing holding it back from becoming a true classic is the art IMO, which was serviceable but pretty rough.
    Totally agree. Can you imagine if it had been drawn by Paul Smith instead of Milgrom? That would have been epic.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You know, I never read that original Ogun story. I might have to circle back to that to appreciate this.

Sal's art is good, but I honestly get so tired of Kitty. Hopefully this series isn't too focused on her, overall.
    Exactly, she already has a book that low-key makes her the feature character even though it's supposed to be a team, in the Marauders. Honestly not sure why Storm, Bishop, Rogue and Gambit aren't getting the majority beats in a preview. And please with Logan bringing his stank into yet another book just to smother out the other members that can occupy the tough guy role.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

This is the same outfit Kitty wore in X-Men Unlimited 36. I wonder if her bad day on campus will intersect with Ogun’s mind-games.

Astonishing Member

Wait, if this is tying in at all to Kitty's time at college and the Mekanix series, then maybe there's a point in my renewing my prayer circle for a Shola Inkose appearance in 2023!

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Wait, if this is tying in at all to Kitty's time at college and the Mekanix series, then maybe there's a point in my renewing my prayer circle for a Shola Inkose appearance in 2023!
    It would be difficult for me to accept that Exodus is an omega telekinetic if Shola returned to the books.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Would love to see Shola again. Talk about wasted potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Boy View Post
    Would love to see Shola again. Talk about wasted potential.
    Agreed. I loved him in Excalibur. Would totally make him a love interest for Callisto. She’s overdue for an official one.

Astonishing Member

Yessss, my plan is working perfectly. *begins Shola Inkose for X-Men 2023 campaign*

Astonishing Member

Shola, Shola, Shola..