Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So am I wrong or is the whole Sins of Sinister thing going to tie back into this? Like isn't Arakko suppose to be destroyed which is why Storm is going full Magnus?
    From the XMR 10 solicit it seems as though the Cable-Brand-Storm-Vulcan conflict is coming to a head but is "interrupted" by Sinister playing with his dollies bringing about an SoS AU with SatBoM 01 and the other two books already situated 10 years into the future.

And given that the writers have said that their ongoing arcs will pick up right where they left them prior to the **** of Sinister bowel movement...I'm guessing (but really hoping) Arakko doesn't get destroyed/devastated...again, once we return to the 616.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You're right. I should know better. I'm just coming off an intense and grueling school semester and am a bit punchy and impatient. I'm sorry. :::hug:::
    xD

It's alright.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While this was almost exactly what I thought at first?

It seems like around Inferno(and a bit before...) that they suggest that at least a few runs at Orchis take place between that initial mission and Scott being brought back after Dr. Stasis killed him.
    I don't recall Hickman stating that Scott was part of those multiple Orchis missions. But yes...that's quite probable.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-01-2022 at 07:14 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Regarding the scalpal/sledgehammer analogy, we also have her telekinetically grabbing spores in X-Men 11, saying that "no object is too heavy to lift, nor too small to grasp." I know that's telekinesis and not telepathy, but I think that shows that she has the skills to be very, very careful and precise with her powers.

Scott probably just has Emma do help him so they can have telepathic sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't recall Hickman stating that Scott was part of those multiple Orchis missions.
    Sure. I don't recall it ever being nailed down either.

That said?

I don't really have a hard time buying into the possibility that Scott could have died in at least one of those missions. Seems like any brainstorming on how they could actually accomplish it would yield at least one "Scott... All by his lonesome..." possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    How many times has Scott died and been resurrected?

The first time was the Orchis mission where both Scott and Jean were re-souled by Xavier
    The last time is when Dr. Stasis killed him in X-Men. And Emma re-souled him then.

Was he killed more times in between?
    There may be one more (though assumed and not necessarily Emma restoring him) - Didn’t he and Xavier die when Vulcan blew up the moon base in XMR #2?
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 12-01-2022 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

And this is why that **** needs to stop...or the writers at least decide to stop using it as a crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Well actually,

Lorna and Jean using a mutant circuit did something similar to this fairly recently in X-men. Jean called it an "MRI for memories" so....
    Jean has read the mind of a dead dog, which ended up speaking through her.

Not to mention, she transferred her entire psyche into Emma’s comatose body and was able to keep their psyches completely separate while using her own abilities.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same here. And honestly, looking at that cover for issue #10 with Cable occupying the same spot as Brand on the issue #1 cover, I think they’re telegraphing that development. Fingers crossed… “Commander Summers” has a great ring to it.
    Ha agreed. And a cosmic level X-Force offers new territory for Cable, and I truly think if Cable gets a chance to plant his boot in Abi’s a$$ crack she’ll make a good recurring enemy for him, Storm, or Berto with the means to make cosmic level convert ops and espionage intriguing new ground to explore.

Last derail post: Not to mention, she's lived as an entity of pure thought on more than one occasion. I wouldn't be surprised if she's, once again, holding herself back, i.e., keep her abilities in check, as a way of staving off manifesting Phoenix.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

The preview looks amazing as per usual but also it reinforces how annoyed I am that the "pause" button is about to get hit on this series because of this Sins of Sinister mess. Regardless I can't wait to see what Sunspot's got up his sleeve this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So I'll ask - Is there any reason Emma always imports Scott's mind instead of Jean?

OT question - What ever happened to that Void sliver he had locked in his Jean made mental black box?
    Logically, no. Canon-wise, we know at least that Scott has always had reservations about how Jean would view him if she knew all of his dark secrets. It’s not a reflection of how much he trusts Jean, but more of how ashamed he is of his himself. He holds Jean in such a high regard that he feels her to be somewhat of a higher pillar of morality that he tries to match, rather than accepting his own flaws. At least that was how it was back in New X-Men, despite what he knew of Jean’s temper and of her actions with Dark Phoenix, that is how he fundamentally saw Jean.

As for Emma, Scott’s relationship with her was more “honest” in the sense that he showed more of the darker secrets. Maybe he felt there was less judgement from Emma? Who knows? Point being, back in Dark Reign, Scott let Emma completely in. It is presumed in a way he didn’t let Jean in, due to his views of Jean.

And we later see that Emma is able to make use of this knowledge twice because she knows Scott’s mind so well.

That last one is very important because Teen Cyclops would not develop that branching optic energy until after AvX. This denotes that change to have been a mental ordeal going on with Scott and by restructuring Teen Scott’s mind to match Adult Scott (as creepy as it is), Emma effectively induced Scott’s powers to naturally gain that optic energy upgrade, showing how well she knew his mind.

Last edited by PyroFN; 12-01-2022 at 10:29 PM.

Uranos is on the clock
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Hmmmm....a Summers I can get infront or beneath...yes sir Gabe.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Regarding the scalpal/sledgehammer analogy, we also have her telekinetically grabbing spores in X-Men 11, saying that "no object is too heavy to lift, nor too small to grasp." I know that's telekinesis and not telepathy, but I think that shows that she has the skills to be very, very careful and precise with her powers.

Scott probably just has Emma do help him so they can have telepathic sex.
    She's the omega TK but I think she's actually blunter with her TP. Which I love.